House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
1929crash

Labour Attacks Vince Cable For Not Attending 1998 Minimum Wage Vote

Rachel Reeves are two labour low lifes who really ought to hang their heads in shame, but I doubt they will even apologise.

Today Labour’s shadow secretary of state for Work and Pensions, Rachel Reeves, upped the ante, demanding to know:

"Where was the Secretary of State for Business, Innovation and Skills, the right hon. Member for Twickenham (Vince Cable)? He was nowhere to be seen in the debates. He was nowhere to be seen on the voting record. On Second Reading and Third Reading, he failed to vote. Apparently, he abstained because he had reservations about a minimum wage. Perhaps he will stand up today to profess his concern for the plight of the low-paid."

Vince didn’t respond directly immediately. But he did respond:

Vince Cable:

"The hon. Member for Leeds West [Rachel Reeves] made a great deal of the fact that, as she put it, the Conservatives opposed the national minimum wage and many Liberal Democrats opposed it. She speaks with all the self-confidence of somebody who was not here at the time."

Chris Bryant (Rhondda) (Lab):

"You were and you didn’t vote."

Vince Cable:

"I did not particularly wish to raise this, but I am being asked personally to explain why I did not vote. It had a lot to do with the fact that my late wife was terminally ill at the time and I was in the Royal Marsden hospital. That is why my voting record at the time was poor on that and other issues."

Chris Bryant is too busy posting on gay websites stating how horny he is to bother checking his facts.

Engage brain before putting mouth in gear, love.

I can just imagine the ditzy cow taking leave of her senses so ecstatic was she she found some 'dirt' on wikipedia to slap on her twitter account.

Chris bryant, well the less said the better. First to call into question everyone elses private life and cry like an infant when the same is done to him. He and balls would make a lovely couple.

It's depressing but I'm not at all surprised by this kind of behaviour from politicians. Every time I see a clip from Parliament I'm struck by how similar these people are to unruly children in the school playground: it's all bullying, shoddy arguments, cheap shots and tantrums.

It's depressing but I'm not at all surprised by this kind of behaviour from politicians. Every time I see a clip from Parliament I'm struck by how similar these people are to unruly children in the school playground: it's all bullying, shoddy arguments, cheap shots and tantrums.

PM question time is mainly like this. A lot of the other debates are less so. The house of Lords seems a lot more civilised, but then those people don't need to do the political point scoring to keep their jobs.

Rachel Reeves are two labour low lifes who really ought to hang their heads in shame, but I doubt they will even apologise.

Chris Bryant is too busy posting on gay websites stating how horny he is to bother checking his facts.

Do you have a link?

Do you have a link?

bryants.jpg?w=480&h=312

Bryant is the one on the left - it's off Guido's site, and I found that posting it was somewhat distasteful.

http://order-order.com/tag/bryant/

Bryant gets away with murder because of his sexuality IMHO. I recall that Putin said last autumn that Berlusconi would have got away with his misdeeds if he wasn't straight.

Edited by 1929crash