House Price Crash Forum

Bulgarian Invasion

juvenal

HOLA441
  • Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442

Any signs of all those migrants flooding into Ashford to fill Fergus' eviction vacancies?

Probably not, it looks like he's already complaining.

Immigration Cap Bad For Economy

A cap on immigration will make it harder for Britain to drive down the deficit, the Government's economic forecasters have warned. The chairman of the Office for Budget Responsibility said immigration had been good for the country and boosted the nation's income. Robert Chote told MPs on the House of Commons Treasury Committee that immigrants were less likely to claim benefits and state pensions or use healthcare. He estimated there would be a significant impact on the economy if annual net migration were reduced to the "tens of thousands" goal set out by David Cameron. Mr Chote said that if immigration was restricted to the level desired by the Prime Minister then over 50 years it would add around £300bn (20%) to Britain’s debt.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Any signs of all those migrants flooding into Ashford to fill Fergus' eviction vacancies?

Just Dimitar Berbatov. But he was here already and to the best of my knowledge isn't claiming 'benefits'.

edit: tpyo

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

I wonder how many more young brits will be unemployed by 2060. I doubt they take that into account.

Even if they don't pay them much benefit, the cost to house and feed them will be met by their parents. I doubt they take that into account.

Are they still thinking the immigrants will all go home and not draw a UK pension or use UK health facilities when they are old and knackered?

Where is the water going to come from for the extra 50m+ people?

HOLA448

I wonder how many more young brits will be unemployed by 2060. I doubt they take that into account.

Even if they don't pay them much benefit, the cost to house and feed them will be met by their parents. I doubt they take that into account.

Are they still thinking the immigrants will all go home and not draw a UK pension or use UK health facilities when they are old and knackered?

Thats the big one those numbers are 20-30 years down the line

Basically the UK is now running a immigration pyramid scheme

HOLA449

General rule IMO :

The beneficiaries of small-scale migration are pretty much everyone, but when it goes to large-scale the people near the lower end of the socio-economic scale in the indigenous population (including the young) lose out while their employers and the immigrants are the winners.

This is made more complicated in the UK by allowing access to the benefits, health and social housing systems by people who haven't paid social contributions for at least a year.

HOLA4410

They won't be coming to the UK in significanr numbers. UKIP and the Daily Mail are looking pretty stupid.

I used to live in Bulgaria selling property to any mug that would buy and there were plenty.

Anyway this started around about 10 years ago and endless amounts of Bulgarians could work in Britain by merely setting up a company and working through that.

So they are already here in their numbers.

My Bulgarian business partner had returned from overseas to Bulgaria for this venture and one thing he said to me that sticks was he couldnt believe that British people were buying offplan as if there is one nation in the world that he didnt trust the people it was Bulgaria.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

...today's migrants will be tomorrows young Brits, or young Europeans....tomorrows main immigrants will be from outside the EU they will be migrating into Europe......if the federal state plan they want to work works? ;)

HOLA4413

You are missing the point in that we have no control of it. The damage has already been done in my opinon and experiences.

How can you have (or not have) control over something that isn't going to happen? UKIP and the DM are stupid.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

They won't be coming to the UK in significanr numbers. UKIP and the Daily Mail are looking pretty stupid.

THEY ARE COMING! The fact that 50,000 were not here on the 1st Jan is no surprise. People may come in the 100-200 per week at various airports or prots for years and in dribs and drabs. The Poles arrived over 5 or so years and in those numbers. The point though is not the number alone, but the principle. The EU will become the UNITED STATES OF EUROPE WITH FREE MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE AND CAPITAL. Economic migrants who come for work to send the money home are therefore recieving wages which in part are not then spent in this economy. There is no room for more roads, hospitals, houses and schools in this tiny overpopulated Island. Driving in France is so pleasant by comparison because there is twice as amuch land for the same of number of people.

Other countries will join in the EU and all can come if they want. We have no room. They often live in multi occupied homes and some cause mess and disturbance - just look at that programme Benefit Street! There some near me in Sussex - 4 families in one home. They can cause an undermining of the local economy when they offer to work for low wages aswell. This is a big problem because we keep receiving a disproportionate number of economic migrants. Organised Criminals are also involved in their movement to a new country with promises of a new life etc. I don't blame the migrants, just the govt policy and being a member of the EU is causing us more problems than it's worth.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

25 Romanians since Jan 1st so far according to the Roma Ambassador.....

Thats a pretty implausible sounding figure.

I had a quick look around. According to the ONS in 2011:

"In addition to Poland, peaks in year of arrival can also be seen for residents born in other countries that joined the EU in 2004 and 2007. In 2011 there were 29,000 Hungarian-born (59 per cent), 36,000 Latvian-born (66 per cent), 63,000 Lithuanian-born (65 per cent) and 43,000 Slovakian-born (75 per cent), who arrived in the six year period following EU Accession (2004-2009). In addition, 68 per cent of the 80,000 Romanian-born residents and 54 per cent of the 46,000 Bulgarian-born residents arrived following Romanian and Bulgarian accession to the EU in January 2007, although transitional controls on these countries will not be lifted until 01 January 2014."

So in the 3 years to 2009 (I think), over 50, 000 Romanians arrived, so that's at least 1,000 a month. I imagine it is continuing at at least the same rate.

if you look at this graph of Polish immigration:

http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/migration1/migration-statistics-quarterly-report/august-2011/polish-people-in-the-uk.html

You can see that it doesn't even kick off until a year after they had the right to come here, and you wouldn't have even been able to notice anything significant until after two years.

The population of Bulgaria and Romania combined is a bit less than Poland, and the UK was one of the few countries that immediately opened up to the Poles, whereas I believe the Bulgarians and Romanians can travel to anywhere in Europe. But I imagine the unemployment is probably worse.

Obviously the margins of error are pretty wide, but I'll stick my neck out, and estimate that the numbers will follow the same trend as the Poles, and be roughly similar, say 25,000 this year, and then 40~50,000 per annum for the next 5 to 6 years.

If the economic apocalypse does finally arrive though, all bets are off.

HOLA4420

Travelled to the UK on Saturday Dunkirk - Dover. Went out on deck for a fag and found myself quite frankly feeling like I was on the Balkan sea. Only one other British family on the boat.

As for low numbers registering in holland - here my hollow laugh. The Romanians I've encountered over the years have never been in any hurry to get into the tax system. We live in a tiny duty town and the beggars rolled up 27th December.

HOLA4421

THEY ARE COMING! The fact that 50,000 were not here on the 1st Jan is no surprise. People may come in the 100-200 per week at various airports or prots for years and in dribs and drabs. The Poles arrived over 5 or so years and in those numbers. The point though is not the number alone, but the principle. The EU will become the UNITED STATES OF EUROPE WITH FREE MOVEMENT OF PEOPLE AND CAPITAL. Economic migrants who come for work to send the money home are therefore recieving wages which in part are not then spent in this economy. There is no room for more roads, hospitals, houses and schools in this tiny overpopulated Island. Driving in France is so pleasant by comparison because there is twice as amuch land for the same of number of people.

Other countries will join in the EU and all can come if they want. We have no room. They often live in multi occupied homes and some cause mess and disturbance - just look at that programme Benefit Street! There some near me in Sussex - 4 families in one home. They can cause an undermining of the local economy when they offer to work for low wages aswell. This is a big problem because we keep receiving a disproportionate number of economic migrants. Organised Criminals are also involved in their movement to a new country with promises of a new life etc. I don't blame the migrants, just the govt policy and being a member of the EU is causing us more problems than it's worth.

There were stories in the DM about hordes of Romanians and Bulgarians waiting for the 1 Jan to enter the UK. They havn't and if any do arrive it will be a trickle probably less than the numbers of people leaving the UK. What do you think will happen to the prospects for people in the UK going to work or live in other EU countries if the UK leaves the EU? What do you think will happen to the millions of Brits currently working or living in other EU countries if the UK leaves the EU? What do you think will be the effect on housing, schools and hospitals if many of those currently working and living in the EU are forced to return if the UK leaves the EU? One thing is probably true and that is that they will occupy more houses than your 8 to a room immigrants.

HOLA4422

There were stories in the DM about hordes of Romanians and Bulgarians waiting for the 1 Jan to enter the UK. They havn't and if any do arrive it will be a trickle probably less than the numbers of people leaving the UK. What do you think will happen to the prospects for people in the UK going to work or live in other EU countries if the UK leaves the EU? What do you think will happen to the millions of Brits currently working or living in other EU countries if the UK leaves the EU? What do you think will be the effect on housing, schools and hospitals if many of those currently working and living in the EU are forced to return if the UK leaves the EU? One thing is probably true and that is that they will occupy more houses than your 8 to a room immigrants.

Makes you wonder how the UK survived before it joined the EU? IMO the majority of Brits going abroad to work are going to US/NZ/AUS/Canada? Spain will have anyone as long as they bring some cash, as will most of the other EZ countries, the people who will spit the dummy if the UK leaves are the Elites and Technocrats, and who gives a stuff what they think frankly, not the ordinary people and employers in these countries? Anyone from the UK with skills and language ability will still be welcome in countries where those skills are needed IMO, and obviously the UK wouldn`t be kicking out people who work in the NHS or other required jobs, just those who are flipping burgers and claiming benefits, or just pitching up and claiming benefits?

HOLA4423

Makes you wonder how the UK survived before it joined the EU? IMO the majority of Brits going abroad to work are going to US/NZ/AUS/Canada? Spain will have anyone as long as they bring some cash, as will most of the other EZ countries, the people who will spit the dummy if the UK leaves are the Elites and Technocrats, and who gives a stuff what they think frankly, not the ordinary people and employers in these countries? Anyone from the UK with skills and language ability will still be welcome in countries where those skills are needed IMO, and obviously the UK wouldn`t be kicking out people who work in the NHS or other required jobs, just those who are flipping burgers and claiming benefits, or just pitching up and claiming benefits?

Or living in other EU countries using their schools, living in their houses and using their hospitals. Free movement of people works both ways. The EU won't want the millions of retired Brits using their social services and their hospitals if the UK leaves the EU. Those Brits will return to the UK, those Brits will use up public services and healthcare more than EU immigrants and pay less into the system, those Brits will occupy more housing than EU immigrants. Like UKIP and the DM you havn't really thought it through have you?

HOLA4424

I was at Stanstead airport this week to collect my wife and daughter and we both noticed a long queue of Romanians and Bulgarians for bus tickets into London. Never seen such a long queue.

So they are coming and the media are willfully ignoring it at usual.

HOLA4425

I was at Stanstead airport this week to collect my wife and daughter and we both noticed a long queue of Romanians and Bulgarians for bus tickets into London. Never seen such a long queue.

So they are coming and the media are willfully ignoring it at usual.

Funny. I was a t Stansted a couple of days ago too and didn't notice any but then again. unlike you, I couldn't tell wjhether a person was Bulgarian or Romanian or whether they come from any other Eastern European country. Maybe they all had labels aropund their necks the day you spotted them?

Archived