House Price Crash Forum

Paddy's Motorbike

ntb

HOLA441

A random memory from my childhood popped up of me spending hours watching these wonderful contraptions in action on our roads. They somehow became extinct without me noticing. Anyone know when they disappeared? I think I want one. Or perhaps several. Enough to build a fantastic new method of transport.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

I wish somebody would develop a petrol powered pogo stick!

Done long ago.

"Here at Big Ed’s, we recently came across a fun little toy called the Hot Rod. Those of a certain age will remember it as the gas-powered pogo stick that was manufactured right here in Wichita during the Sixties. According to what we could find on the Web, this is one of maybe three Hop Rods still in existence. As you can see, it’s in pretty good condition."

Here.

HOLA447

Done long ago.

"Here at Big Ed’s, we recently came across a fun little toy called the Hot Rod. Those of a certain age will remember it as the gas-powered pogo stick that was manufactured right here in Wichita during the Sixties. According to what we could find on the Web, this is one of maybe three Hop Rods still in existence. As you can see, it’s in pretty good condition."

Here.

Fantastic. Why isn't the world that good any more?

HOLA448

Fantastic. Why isn't the world that good any more?

To quote from that link, "It’s not made any more, of course, to the vast disappointment of liability lawyers everywhere."

HOLA449

Done long ago.

Here.

Now I didn't know that! It looks much more fun than the "stick and hoop" that I used to travel to work with when I was an apprentice! :huh:

Archived