House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

interestrateripoff

How Gangs Used The Freemasons To Corrupt Police

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-how-gangs-used-the-freemasons-to-corrupt-police-9054670.html

Secret networks of Freemasons have been used by organised crime gangs to corrupt the criminal justice system, according to a bombshell Metropolitan Police report leaked to The Independent.

Operation Tiberius, written in 2002, found underworld syndicates used their contacts in the controversial brotherhood to “recruit corrupted officers” inside Scotland Yard, and concluded it was one of “the most difficult aspects of organised crime corruption to proof against”.

The report – marked “Secret” – found serving officers in East Ham east London who were members of the Freemasons attempted to find out which detectives were suspected of links to organised crime from other police sources who were also members of the society.

Famous for its secret handshakes, Freemasonry has long been suspected of having members who work in the criminal justice system – notably the judiciary and the police.

The political establishment and much of the media often dismiss such ideas as the work of conspiracy theorists. However, Operation Tiberius is the second secret police report revealed by The Independent in the last six months to highlight the possible issue.

Project Riverside, a 2008 report on the rogue private investigations industry by the Serious Organised Crime Agency, also claimed criminals attempt to corrupt police officers through Freemason members in a bid to further their interests.

Concerns over the influence of freemasons on the criminal justice system in 1998 led former Home Secretary Jack Straw to order that all police officers and judges should declare membership of the organisation.

However, ten of Britain’s 43 police forces refused to take part and the policy was dropped under threat of legal action. In England and Wales, the Grand Master of the Freemasons is Prince Edward, Duke of Kent. The United Grand Lodge of England declined to comment last night.

Should all freemasons be forced to declare they are members if they work in the Police / Justice System? Is their a conflict of interest if you have a fellow freemason before you?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/crime/revealed-how-gangs-used-the-freemasons-to-corrupt-police-9054670.html

Should all freemasons be forced to declare they are members if they work in the Police / Justice System? Is their a conflict of interest if you have a fellow freemason before you?

Yes and yes. They are not the philanthropic organisation they claim to be - except to their own members.

Jack Straw is beginning to look interesting now he's firmly out of power.

But as home secretary he knew very well that while he had some power over the police, he could never have touched the judiciary. Judicial Independence is too much of a sacred cow, and judicial immunity puts them above the law, no matter how corrupt or stupid. The judiciary - unlike police - didn't bother to refuse to take part, they can just ignore the wittering of a government minister.

I have friends and a relative who are masons and no doubt they are perfectly above board and do a lot for charity.

But,

for me there is no way that a public servant let alone a Police Officer or Judge should be allowed to join a secret society.

Even if it does not happen, there will always be the perceived conflict of interest.

Unlike other clubs and associations, there is no openness with the Masons.

Guest eight

I have friends and a relative who are masons and no doubt they are perfectly above board and do a lot for charity.

But,

for me there is no way that a public servant let alone a Police Officer or Judge should be allowed to join a secret society.

Even if it does not happen, there will always be the perceived conflict of interest.

Unlike other clubs and associations, there is no openness with the Masons.

The question you've got to ask is - if it didn't confer some kind of advantage over "civilian" life, why would anybody be in it? Surely the whole point of freemasonry is to able to flout the law and get away with it?

The question you've got to ask is - if it didn't confer some kind of advantage over "civilian" life, why would anybody be in it?

I expect you could say the same of all kinds of clubs and societies, from the Rotary to the Womens Institute to the Working Mens Club to the scouts/guides.

Power corrupts, and you can be sure there'd be lots of corruption in our "justice" system without having to call on external agency like the masons.

Are you going to say that Police officers must not be friends with other officers?

Should Police officers have to declare who all their friends are?

When does a group of friends become a society?

People are naturally disposed to seek advantage for themselves and their family and friends. In a public service environment we should look to reduce corruption as much as possible but the solution has to be clearly defined laws, checks and balances, transparency, limiting power etc rather than banning who you are friends with. Banning membership of a society is unworkable in practice but even if you could it wouldn't stop person A and person B looking after each others interests.

Am i the only person that finds Masons and secret little clubs...faintly hilarious?

I grew out of that when I was 12. :lol:

No offence to any Stonecutters I'm sure your group is the biggest bestest group in the whole wide world

Guest eight

Am i the only person that finds Masons and secret little clubs...faintly hilarious?

I grew out of that when I was 12. :lol:

No offence to any Stonecutters I'm sure your group is the biggest bestest group in the whole wide world

That's exactly how I feel. Sadly whilst other people feel differently then none of us can remain immune from their childish influence.

That's exactly how I feel. Sadly whilst other people feel differently then none of us can remain immune from their childish influence.

That's good to know. Want to join my gang? :D:D:D:D

Childish is the correct word.

The masons...? Don't make me laugh - bunch of dodgy-handshaking chutney-ferrets the lot of them.

They wouldn't last two minutes in a pub fght against The Buffs...

XYY