House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Niall of the Nine Hostages

Dieudonné M'bala M'bala

I find this stuff going on in France with Dieudonné M'bala M'bala very interesting.

Does anyone have anything of interest regarding this bloke to share?

Hint: If you're clueless, its partly about Nicolas Anelka's use of the 'quenelle' gesture, which it seems is one of those things, that the more you read about it, the more interesting it becomes.

To my mind, France is without doubt the most interesting European country, and yet one the mainstream media does not seem to want to keep us plebs informed about!

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/soccer/news/20131230/nicolas-anelka-west-brom-west-ham-controversial-gesture.ap/

Does anyone have anything of interest regarding this bloke to share?

Yes, he is almost painfully unfunny. If the French equivalent of the Guardianistas hadn't picked up on him he'd still be playing to tiny audiences in the crappiest places imaginable (think some suburb of Birmingham on a wet Sunday evening in winter).

Yes, he is almost painfully unfunny. If the French equivalent of the Guardianistas hadn't picked up on him he'd still be playing to tiny audiences in the crappiest places imaginable (think some suburb of Birmingham on a wet Sunday evening in winter).

I dunno....stick 'carlin' AND 'hicks' AND 'Dieudonné' into a search engine, and it seems people are making these comparisons.

And in any case, I didn't particularly like 'Little Britain' yet lots of people seemed to think it was funny.

Whats funny to me may not be funny to you - plus there's the language barrier.

If you go to youtube there's evidence that Dieudonné seems to make a lot of people laugh

I suspect comparisons to Carlin and Hicks may be very apt.

'cept the establishment didn't try to ban Carlin and Hicks...

One of the things that occurs to me with the 'quennelle' gesture is that, if loads of people suddenly decided to go to places like Auschwitz and give the traditional British 2 fingered salute in selfies and then posted those pictures on Facebook, would that make the traditional 2 fingered salute (which goes back to the middle ages and possibly beyond) antisemitic?

That is what seems to have happened with this 'quennelle' gesture thingy.

Whats funny to me may not be funny to you - plus there's the language barrier.

True enough and my French is somewhat rusty (I lived there for a while in 90s) but I'm fairly confident I wouldn't find him funny either way. The main problem is that he seems, again as far as my French allows me to tell, to be deadly serious rather than using controversial statements to make a point.