House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wherebee

How Mental Is This?

It would make a lot of sense if they were asking them about how to stop people getting involved with gangs and guns. As it isn't about that then it's purely a sop, if I were the family I'd tell them to go away.

It would make a lot of sense if they were asking them about how to stop people getting involved with gangs and guns. As it isn't about that then it's purely a sop, if I were the family I'd tell them to go away.

If you were connected to the family.....you might choose to firebomb a nearby furniture store just to make a statement. :ph34r:

It's a masterstroke. Now what do the Duggan brigade do?

He's forcing them to look at something they have given no consideration to so far - which is the other side of this - the Police viewpoint

What would they like? Police not to shoot when confronting an armed individual until he has discharged his weapon?

Their attempt at defining a policy will reveal their true colours.

Cutler's probably defused the situation, clever man.

He's forcing them to look at something they have given no consideration to so far - which is the other side of this - the Police viewpoint

What would they like? Police not to shoot when confronting an armed individual until he has discharged his weapon?

I would say cameras on helmets would be the way to go so there can be no question as to whether or not guns were aimed, thrown away or planted.

Hung out with a couple of guys from one of the armed units (friends of friends) a few times: biggest stoners I've ever met, would not trust them to know their **** from their elbow without video evidence.

I would say cameras on helmets would be the way to go so there can be no question as to whether or not guns were aimed, thrown away or planted.

Hung out with a couple of guys from one of the armed units (friends of friends) a few times: biggest stoners I've ever met, would not trust them to know their **** from their elbow without video evidence.

well yes, I knew people from the armed response units too once, and they were all a bit....special. But sometimes you look at who got shot and think....meh. Why all the fuss?

well yes, I knew people from the armed response units too once, and they were all a bit....special. But sometimes you look at who got shot and think....meh. Why all the fuss?

Partly because we're not America so anyone getting shot feels a bit weird.

Mainly because there are a lot of other issues going on and it's a catalyst for letting off steam.

Ha! That assumes the Duggan brigade are rational with a genuine grievance.

I might be wrong, but I'd guess you didn't grow up with scumbags - am I right?

Consider Zimmerman and the lowlife crim he shot: All that matters to the shouters and wailers is that the low life crim was black. Thats it! Understand these people. You can't have a rational discussion with them - its tribal warfare - thats all - one of them got snuffed out by the other lot - and now they're wailing 'n crying. There's no rational thinking going on, no deeper questions of justice in society...all thats happening is the states enforcers shot one of them - thats it!

Consider Zimmerman and the lowlife crim he shot: All that matters to the shouters and wailers is that the low life crim was black. Thats it! Understand these people. You can't have a rational discussion with them - its tribal warfare - thats all - one of them got snuffed out by the other lot - and now they're wailing 'n crying. There's no rational thinking going on, no deeper questions of justice in society...all thats happening is the states enforcers shot one of them - thats it!

It's difficult maybe for a more rational mind to accept, but I think you're correct about the family.

And this offer to take recommendations from the family on defining policy comes off as the weakest and most pathetic appeasement I've ever seen.

But I also must add it seems unacceptable that someone is shot dead because they had a mobile in their hand and it "looked like a gun". Whatever our opinions of lowlife Duggan, he was unarmed and out of the car. So he was fully visible. Call me arrogant but I don't believe I'd mistake a mobile for a gun. Frankly if you did then you need your eyes tested. And yes I know he was known to be carrying a gun in the car originally.

Overall I'd say this is all so similar to US style law enforcement. It's literally "shoot first and ask questions later". Because there may be the tiniest danger to the officer, he/she can shoot to kill. Well that's all great, but it doesn't seem the bravest thing to do tbh.

Thankfully all we've lost is a drug dealing gun selling thug this time. Good riddance. But I'm a little uneasy about the direction our law enforcement is heading towards.