House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DTMark

What Does This Euro Track Sound Almost Exactly Like?

Have a pretty extensive collection of tunes spanning the 1990s. My memory recall is usually pretty good. But it fails on this one.

OK, so most euro-dance songs sound like at least one other one. Sometimes they're just ripped more or less wholesale just changing the words.

And I have a feeling that's true for this one. The backing track on this sounds so much like another tune, but I can't place which one. It doesn't just sound "quite similar" (you could list a dozen or so in that category) but is near identical.

Has been bugging me for weeks. Which one? NB it's quite possible that the matching tune was never released in the UK and never made the charts.

Shazam is too clever and correctly identifies it as this track, so it's not 100% identical.

Guest unfunded_liability

Have a pretty extensive collection of tunes spanning the 1990s. My memory recall is usually pretty good. But it fails on this one.

OK, so most euro-dance songs sound like at least one other one. Sometimes they're just ripped more or less wholesale just changing the words.

And I have a feeling that's true for this one. The backing track on this sounds so much like another tune, but I can't place which one. It doesn't just sound "quite similar" (you could list a dozen or so in that category) but is near identical.

Has been bugging me for weeks. Which one? NB it's quite possible that the matching tune was never released in the UK and never made the charts.

Shazam is too clever and correctly identifies it as this track, so it's not 100% identical.

- sorry Mark, I obviously don't have an ear for this kind of dance music as much of it sounds very similar to me. But this one does remind me of:

I suppose this theread would be a good place to admit I have a love of Italio Disco, and have both albums that Baltimora recorded.

Please for the love of God don't let anyone outside of this topic know, or my reputation will be in tatters ;)

I keep thinking that I'll have that "Eureka!" moment at some stage.

Apparently the producers were also responsible for Usura.

And it's also quite similar to this one (love this tune)

.. but it's not that one.

To be fair it's probably really obscure - I have plenty of tracks that never saw the light of day over here. I'll "continue the research" :)

I suppose this theread would be a good place to admit I have a love of Italio Disco, and have both albums that Baltimora recorded.

Please for the love of God don't let anyone outside of this topic know, or my reputation will be in tatters ;)

I think the entire country was singing along to "

" back then.

Nothing to be ashamed of ;) I hadn't listened to that for years and years and it still sounds brilliant.

My top Italo-euro pick and #2 favourite tune of all time..

Longer, deeper dance version mixed by Mike Koglin:

It sounds a lot like a Capella track- but none of them I can find sound identical. U Got To Know is probably the nearest.

Guest eight

Apparently the producers were also responsible for Usura.

I know it's not that but I just like the video. Bet we thought it was amazing, back in the day.

It sounds a lot like a Capella track- but none of them I can find sound identical. U Got To Know is probably the nearest.

If memory serves at least one of the people involved in Usura was also involved with Cappella (and Datura) - does sound like them.

I've been researching this a bit lately - it's probably not surprising that when you pick a particular era and look past the artist names it transpires that actually, a relatively small number of people were responsible for most of the big tunes form that period.

sounds like some track from Culture Beat (the Serenity album) to me.

https://en.wikipedia...ure_Beat_album)

That was actually my thought (good spot). It's a bit like this one (among others) - that was a great album of its day.

The other one which keeps coming to mind is this one - Roy Orbison fans should look away now.

JX - Son of a Gun

Good call.... it's not that one though.

In a year or so from now it will suddenly occur to me and I'll pop back and update the thread ;)

I might be thinking of these... but something is telling me it's not those either and that the one it can't locate really is near identical.

I know what you're getting at, but it's not that one.

I still haven't worked out what it is. The closest is probably Maxx's "Get-A-Way" or much of Snap's material, but it'll probably come to me one day :)

Back in the 1970's I was playing a gig when someone dropped a whisky on my Moog Synthesiser.

Made a noise just like that recording.