House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Beans

Loft For Rent In Paddington - Only 40 Quid A Week...

Appalling! :(

Before I clicked on the link I thought it was someone offering their loft as extra storage - not expecting someone to actually live in it.

Impressive.

I wonder if a family has got it?

I'm surprised that the Wail hasn't made out as if 12 AIDS riddled bisexual Romanian pick pockets who are claiming housing benefit, are currently residing in this abode...

I'm surprised that the Wail hasn't made out as if 12 AIDS riddled bisexual Romanian pick pockets who are claiming housing benefit, are currently residing in this abode...

:lol:

Hopefully the first to view was Westminster City Council's Housing Standards team.

You mean we still have housing standards. After all we have toilets in bedrooms now!

Seriously. These posts, or more specifically the properties being advertised for rent are truly appalling and disgusting. Laugh is the last thing I do seeing this sort of thing. Although eliciting some humorous replies, we should all collectively hang our heads in shame for allowing this type of hovel (I won't dignify them with the description 'housing') from the distant past to arise again. Worse is the the collective defeatist attitude of those who are in a position to do something about it ("well it's a free market....", etc etc).

If ever there was an example of how living standards are (indeed have!) dramatically declined, despite the endless and upbeat and positive propaganda of the political class of how they are doing so much better than their predecessors, this must surely be up at the top with the best of them.

IF sights like this can't spur politicians to finally bite the bullet and embark on MASSIVE building of homes fast then what will? Perhaps we will have to wait till whole families are actually sleeping in street alleyways??!

Edited by anonguest

Appalling! :(

Before I clicked on the link I thought it was someone offering their loft as extra storage - not expecting someone to actually live in it.

....loft insulation?.....not clicked, how do/can they live up there, they should be paying someone to live there not charging them for it...the pits. ;)

....loft insulation?.....not clicked, how do/can they live up there, they should be paying someone to live there not charging them for it...the pits. ;)

Indeed. I just wish the DM would do some 'footwork' based investigative journalism (rather from just a desk with internet connection) and expose who the would be landlords are. Not to shame them you understand. Oh no, that would be just nasty. I mean a proper interview to find out the circumstances of the landlord. Why they want to rent out their loft, etc. Get some insight into what sort of people they are.

No doubt the property section will subsequently be writing entirely separate articles holding them up as creative and innovative free marketeers, supplying a service, answering public demand for housing. Followed by subsequent articles on how you too can make money from your loft......

Edited by anonguest

Indeed. I just wish the DM would do some 'footwork' based investigative journalism (rather from just a desk with internet connection) and expose who the would be landlords are. Not to shame them you understand. Oh no, that would be just nasty. I mean a proper interview to find out the circumstances of the landlord. Why they want to rent out their loft, etc. Get some insight into what sort of people they are.

No doubt the property section will subsequently be writing entirely separate articles holding them up as creative and innovative free marketeers, supplying a service, answering public demand for housing. Followed by subsequent articles on how you too can make money from your loft......

I think they want, and know that shocking people will sell newspapers/clicks....... ;)

More likely they found a happy tenant!

Who has got to be a fully mentally sound person, who is surely just going to bide his time up there in his new lair just lying there above all the spy holes quietly contemplating..