House Price Crash Forum

John Terry Sells House For £10M Profit

HOLA441

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/5368489/John-Terry-sells-Surrey-mansion-for-10million-profit.html

"Terry’s £10m home win"

Front page of the SUN of course, I mean, the front page, c',mon, that's nothing more than subliminal messaging/propaganda for the masses if you ask me.

Making money out of nothing....might as well not work.

For me, this is a sign that the bubble has reached popping point.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442

The psychology should be if Terry has made a ten million profit it is time to get out, and if Terry had made a loss then in all probability it is the time to get in. But for some reason the British public find over priced assets irresistible and under priced ones out of favour.

I would add the caveat that we are talking the south east, the remainder of the country is probably at 2004 price levels, which is why I don't see any popping some time soon. And no doubt zirp and euphoria will keep the show on the road (even in London) for a good while yet, possibly a few years.

Edited by crashmonitor

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The chap on talk sport touched on this today.

Has he actually sold it, is the value on the land registry ?

A Chelsea fan I know claimed that EBJT ("England's Brave John Terry") had borrowed money from the club's owner. Of course I can't verify this claim. But a margin call from RA wouldn't be something one would look forward to. B)

HOLA448

A Chelsea fan I know claimed that EBJT ("England's Brave John Terry") had borrowed money from the club's owner. Of course I can't verify this claim. But a margin call from RA wouldn't be something one would look forward to. B)

We can shorten that to "England's John Terry" if you like.

HOLA449

Isn't JT an inveterate gambler?

I'm sure I read somewhere that he remortgaged his house to pay gambling debts.

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=167103

Not sure what to make of the £10m profit story. Know some skilled people who've worked on making some plush improvements at his big house a few years ago. Before this side house was built.

I just don't see the appeal of such large houses. Ok a professional high-profile sportsman might like their own pool, and privacy, but could build two or three or more top-end houses on that plot, imo.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

http://www.thesun.co...ion-profit.html

"Terry's £10m home win"

Front page of the SUN of course, I mean, the front page, c',mon, that's nothing more than subliminal messaging/propaganda for the masses if you ask me.

Making money out of nothing....might as well not work.

For me, this is a sign that the bubble has reached popping point.

That is all the whole paper is. Pleased to say I have not purchased a red top since the 80`s, and then it was probably only for page three as my young mind understood that the "news" was like a comic, entertainment purposes only. Scary to think any adults in Britain would take this paper at face value.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I wouldn't suggest there's anything improper in the transaction but it's clearly a good way to pay someone £10m (or whatever the true figure is) tax free if there were reasons one might wish to do so.

• 10 months later...
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417