House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kalyayev

Drug Policy

Has anyone seen David Nutt speak about his time in politics? Makes me extremely angry not even on steroids). If only marijuana was legal, I'd be a bit more chilled out about it.

Notable: Allegedly Gordon Brown had a meeting with Paul Dacre, obliging to 3 things that might help the Daily Mail back the labour party. One was reclassifying marijuana from class C to B. Did Brown get back into office?

That would explain a lot.

I remember this debacle well:

1. Appoint a committee of experts to advise on drug policy

2. Ignore their advice and do the opposite

3. Sack the chair when he continues to give the same advice as he previously did on the grounds that he is "campaigning against govt policy"

I have a lot of respect for David Nutt and the committee members who resigned in protest at his sacking.

Has anyone seen David Nutt speak about his time in politics? Makes me extremely angry not even on steroids). If only marijuana was legal, I'd be a bit more chilled out about it.

Notable: Allegedly Gordon Brown had a meeting with Paul Dacre, obliging to 3 things that might help the Daily Mail back the labour party. One was reclassifying marijuana from class C to B. Did Brown get back into office?

I always wondered about that hasty U-turn and quite how it came about.