House Price Crash Forum

Down With 'flu Just Drifting Around In Rightmove Having A Laugh

Dweller

HOLA441

Earlier Post Today

Posted earlier today on the Cornwall thread but sat bemused with this one too

Somerset £210,000

Green Street properties selling around £150,000 mark according to sold prices on RM.

Someone over on the other forum asked today if "things are back to normal". Looking at Rightmove in the areas that I watch I would say that people would like to think they are "back to normal" with "normal" being peak plus, but there are a lot of properties becoming available, according to RM as "post auction" :o) and a lot of properties not selling and properties reducing £10,000 an still not selling, and properties up-ing at least £10,000 even though they never sold at £10,000 less!

HOLA442
HOLA443

Earlier Post Today

Somerset £210,000

Green Street properties selling around £150,000 mark according to sold prices on RM.

Someone over on the other forum asked today if "things are back to normal". Looking at Rightmove in the areas that I watch I would say that people would like to think they are "back to normal" with "normal" being peak plus, but there are a lot of properties becoming available, according to RM as "post auction" :o) and a lot of properties not selling and properties reducing £10,000 an still not selling, and properties up-ing at least £10,000 even though they never sold at £10,000 less!

I can't "edit" because I am too young a member but I just noticed this is No 24 sold in 2011 for £110,000

HOLA444

Earlier Post Today

Somerset £210,000

Sorry to hear you are not well Dweller. I have the flu' as well and am to weak to even get the Lucozade to my lips. I looked at the links and it made me feel worse !

HOLA445

I like the fireplace in the bedroom. Obviously meant to be a "feature", but in fact just looks a mess.

It does say its "an original fireplace" just like the "original window seat" with the main bedroom "being a feature of the house " :o)

I guess new kitchens/bathrooms/heating/roof doesn't come cheap but perhaps they should have done the maths, but "maths" doesn't seem to come into it these days does it, nobody seems to do the "maths" of needing new boilers/windows/roof when putting a ludicrous price on a property. Just as nobody seems to be able to do the maths for self-building PLUS land, let alone the kinds of losses incurred if there is a house price adjustment back to more affordable, more reasonable levels.

HOLA446

It does say its "an original fireplace" just like the "original window seat" with the main bedroom "being a feature of the house " :o)

I guess new kitchens/bathrooms/heating/roof doesn't come cheap but perhaps they should have done the maths, but "maths" doesn't seem to come into it these days does it, nobody seems to do the "maths" of needing new boilers/windows/roof when putting a ludicrous price on a property. Just as nobody seems to be able to do the maths for self-building PLUS land, let alone the kinds of losses incurred if there is a house price adjustment back to more affordable, more reasonable levels.

Actually if you click on the Brochure Link at Rightmove it says the guide price is £225,000 for the house at Green Street!

HOLA447

Sorry to hear you are not well Dweller. I have the flu' as well and am to weak to even get the Lucozade to my lips. I looked at the links and it made me feel worse !

I'm sorry to have added to your troubles on a day when even the Lucozade bottle remains out of reach...

Wishing you well...remember things can only get better ...

HOLA448

Hmm £200k+ and they cant be bothered to spend a little getting insulated windows, roof, centeral heating etc.

Would you buy a car without wheels, and engine, tyres?

Useless 40m2 of land with a pile of crumbling bricks, wood and glass - you would have to be crazy to apart with 1k for it - it would be warmer and more spacious living ion a camper van outside.

HOLA449

I was just looking at rentals on rightmove and it strikes me that the underlying capital supporting the banks balance sheets is physically deteriorating.

After about 35 years, each and every house needs a new kitchen, bathroom, redecorating, windows, heating system, roof. Many of the properties for rent do not have these things updated, thus are unrentable except to the desperate and unsaleable unless at auction of hefty discount is applied.

Under a standard 25/30 year repayment mortgage the bank should be safe, but under interest only mortgage the bank is on the hook for a deteriorated worthless pile of bricks that needs serious £££ spending on it.

HOLA4410

I was just looking at rentals on rightmove and it strikes me that the underlying capital supporting the banks balance sheets is physically deteriorating.

After about 35 years, each and every house needs a new kitchen, bathroom, redecorating, windows, heating system, roof. Many of the properties for rent do not have these things updated, thus are unrentable except to the desperate and unsaleable unless at auction of hefty discount is applied.

Under a standard 25/30 year repayment mortgage the bank should be safe, but under interest only mortgage the bank is on the hook for a deteriorated worthless pile of bricks that needs serious £££ spending on it.

Interesting observation. Seems like the banker landlords are sitting on "illiquid deteriorating assets" (to quote someone from on here).

BTW, what is with this site? Is it buckling under the weight of all the guest visitors? It's been flaky for me for the past few days.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Interesting observation. Seems like the banker landlords are sitting on "illiquid deteriorating assets" (to quote someone from on here).

BTW, what is with this site? Is it buckling under the weight of all the guest visitors? It's been flaky for me for the past few days.

Maybe it's a sign?

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-11-27/everyone-was-talking-about-stock-bubble-just-last-bubble-burst

But simple logic failure aside, what empirical evidence shows is that while there has been indeed a pick up in internet mentions of "stock bubble" according to Google Trends, it is still well below its prior high... hit in May 2007 and October 2007, just before and at the very peak of the last stock bubble.

HOLA4413

As you say the cost of doing a place up equals a deteriorating so called asset.

It's like this one, Taunton houses in the road seem to go for £150,000 £160,000 mark

This one was sold in 2010 for £159,000 was it already extended and refurbished? Certainly the extensions do not look new from outside, yet here it is on at £194,950.

So when a property is valued is it valued at what it would be valued at done up and then the cost of new kitchen, bathroom, windows, roof, boiler etc taken off? In other words are we saying that all houses in Greenway Avenue need new kitchens /bathrooms and extensions and they therefore are only selling for around £150,000 £160,000 because they need new kitchens etc? Surely what we are saying is that houses in Greenway Avenue done up would fetch around £160,000 mark not nearly £200,000 because they are done up! So what is the REAL value of a house in Greenway Avenue, when (even a 4bed) in 2000 was selling for under £80,000, then the MASSIVE LEAP UP to around the £160,000 mark at peak, so what price/value now , No 33? And what does the price of No 33 say about the other properties or the other property prices say about No 33?

HOLA4414

As you say the cost of doing a place up equals a deteriorating so called asset.

It's like this one, Taunton houses in the road seem to go for £150,000 £160,000 mark

This one was sold in 2010 for £159,000 was it already extended and refurbished? Certainly the extensions do not look new from outside, yet here it is on at £194,950.

So when a property is valued is it valued at what it would be valued at done up and then the cost of new kitchen, bathroom, windows, roof, boiler etc taken off? In other words are we saying that all houses in Greenway Avenue need new kitchens /bathrooms and extensions and they therefore are only selling for around £150,000 £160,000 because they need new kitchens etc? Surely what we are saying is that houses in Greenway Avenue done up would fetch around £160,000 mark not nearly £200,000 because they are done up! So what is the REAL value of a house in Greenway Avenue, when (even a 4bed) in 2000 was selling for under £80,000, then the MASSIVE LEAP UP to around the £160,000 mark at peak, so what price/value now , No 33? And what does the price of No 33 say about the other properties or the other property prices say about No 33?

Bought £175000 at peak now on for £210000 !! ?

What's that about looks like £150,000 is "normal" for road.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA4415

Bought £175000 at peak now on for £210000 !! ?

What's that about looks like £150,000 is "normal" for road.

It's an attractive looking property - is the price because it's being aimed at holiday home buyers? Assuming that a lot of 2nd home buyers are from London/south east, the recent gains in property prices there may mean that people are back to taking out equity to buy holiday homes?