HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

What fun, in "Big, Fat..." kind of way.

Had a look at the comments on Twitter, which fall in a hanful of categories:

1. Idle scum

2. But what about the banksters?

3. These do not represent ordinary benefit claimants.

4. Thatcher...

5. This is Tory propaganda, worse than the mail.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Those were not actors. There are extremes in all of life but to pretend this isn't a reality in some parts and that the entitlement is ingrained is simply not rational. They are representative of a proportion of claimants, like it or not.

Where are all the real life documentaries about bankers, heriditary peers fiddling their expenses, and land owning rentiers who are subsidised as "farmers" by the EU to the tune of several thousand each a week I wonder?

HOLA4414

Where are all the real life documentaries about bankers, heriditary peers fiddling their expenses, and land owning rentiers who are subsidised as "farmers" by the EU to the tune of several thousand each a week I wonder?

I saw a little known proxy show about this yesterday on BBC1 called the Antiques Roadshow. It was heartwarming to see the look of disdain and nonchalance in the eyes of a particular demographic when the 'expert' told them the latest eye watering valuation of their fine arts and crafts pieces. The money to realise those valuations the boomers were sneering at comes straight from the Bankers and heriditary peers alleged illicit coffers. And fellow boomers fake house prices of course (edit - and early gen X ers of course. Because they're worth it).

Edited by Frugal Git

HOLA4415

Whats that got to do with anything?

That doesn't make this fictional does it

HOLA4416

I agree about the bankers and MP etc , But that does not make this program any more unreal or the cost to us of keeping these people any less.

These people, as well as a lot more are making a mess of this country and people need to stop classing it as the norm.

HOLA4417

Whats that got to do with anything?

That doesn't make this fictional does it

It has everything to do with it, but you're right it doesn't make this fictional. It's just that most people curiously roll their eyes and change the channel when they hear about billions being embezzled and yet get frothy about some poor lumpenproletariat with an iPhone and a 55 inch telly. People are strangely apathetic about their pensions etc being skimmed compared to their taxes being used to prop up an underclass.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

It has everything to do with it, but you're right it doesn't make this fictional. It's just that most people curiously roll their eyes and change the channel when they hear about billions being embezzled and yet get frothy about some poor lumpenproletariat with an iPhone and a 55 inch telly. People are strangely apathetic about their pensions etc being skimmed compared to their taxes being used to prop up an underclass.

Do they? I don't know. I expect you don't either.

But maybe they do. That doesn't mean those at the opposing end of the political spectrum don't do exactly the same thing ; Seize on those programs/articles that enforce their prejudice/view and attempt to dismiss those that do not, as we have seen on this thread.

Im just pointing out that this is reality. Its amusing to see those pretending it isn't.

HOLA4420

Do they? I don't know. I expect you don't either.

But maybe they do. That doesn't mean those at the opposing end of the political spectrum don't do exactly the same thing ; Seize on those programs/articles that enforce their prejudice/view and attempt to dismiss those that do not, as we have seen on this thread.

Im just pointing out that this is reality. Its amusing to see those pretending it isn't.

No pretending this isn't real. It surely is...down to the classy framing of the feral youth with the aforementioned iPhone and telly. The point is that we don't get program after program packaged in an attractive soundbitey manner like this one displaying the hypocrisy of the other extreme - apart from the revolution will be televised, but that was at 11.30pm on bbc 3 rather than prime time c4. was very good though.

HOLA4421

More divide and rule propaganda from a complicit media.

Who caused the mess; who had benefitted from it?

We are already divided, this program just shows what many people already know.

Do you believe people who are working are happy paying taxes to fund people who do not want to work.

HOLA4422

Do you believe people who are working are happy paying taxes to fund people who do not want to work.

the Lords get £7500 a month for just appearing an hours work, I dont see a show about that do I.

HOLA4423

No pretending this isn't real. It surely is...down to the classy framing of the feral youth with the aforementioned iPhone and telly. The point is that we don't get program after program packaged in an attractive soundbitey manner like this one displaying the hypocrisy of the other extreme - apart from the revolution will be televised, but that was at 11.30pm on bbc 3 rather than prime time c4. was very good though.

Spot on.

I'm waiting for the prime-time show that chooses 2-3 bank executives every week, and highlights all the different frauds the companies they were running or a part of carried out while they were in office. It should also attempt to interview them, and show by how much they have personally benefited. They can start with Lord Steven green our current trade minister and ask him how much profit HSBC booked from laundering money from drug cartels.

Cybernoid when do you think this show will air? Or something similar. Give us a time frame.

oh and after that another one can run about the various land holdings of our feudal nobility. Showing how much they are worth and how many people where driven from their land / killed in the process. A noble a week would be good.

Edited by alexw

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Its just that the amount paid out to keep people in a sh*tty life pales into significance compare to the amount they are paying to prop up this almighty ponzi scheme.