House Price Crash Forum

Twenty Million People To Get £100 'worker's Bonus': Clegg Reveals Income Tax Cut

HOLA441

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2534675/20million-people-100-workers-bonus-Clegg-reveals-income-tax-cut-announced-weeks.html

Twenty million people to get £100 'worker's bonus': Clegg reveals income tax cut to be announced within weeks

Deputy Prime Minister wants income tax threshold to rise to £10,500

Challenges Tories to ditch marriage tax break to pay for even bigger rise

Coalition parties at loggerheads over future of taxes and welfare cuts

Can't wait £100, that's about £8+ a month extra in the pay packet. Generous, as a prole we all should be grateful for the pennies thrown as us, especially when considering the hardships our bankers are having to endure. We are all in it together.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

As a small business owner its a shame I can't get the sort of tax breaks google and amazon get.... oh dear, does raising that make me a terrorist ? I guess I'll be on a list now.

After posting on the election thread that I would take my chances with the Monster Raving Loony party I decided to look at their policies. If they sweep to power in 2015 this could be you:

Terrorists to wear Bells and Horns so we know where they are.

http://www.loonyparty.com/5917/1777/1777/

HOLA445

After posting on the election thread that I would take my chances with the Monster Raving Loony party I decided to look at their policies. If they sweep to power in 2015 this could be you:

Now they are a sensible alternative to Labour/Tory/UKIP

HOLA446

Now they are a sensible alternative to Labour/Tory/UKIP

They have some really good ideas compared to the banker shills we have now:

Ban tractors from driving on roads, they can drive across their fields.

http://www.loonyparty.com/3818/952/safer-tractors/

Superglue unruly teenagers together. As the saying goes if you cant beat them you may as well join em

http://www.loonyparty.com/0200/576/law-and-order-proposal-by-david/

To combat global warming and climate change all buildings should be fitted with air conditioning units on the outside.

http://www.loonyparty.com/about/policy-proposals/page/3/

HOLA447

So are we going to be treated to the spectacle of millionaire Nick Clegg going around telling everybody that £1.92 per week is quite a lot of money to some people and not to be sniffed at? Should be good for a chuckle.

Edited by Dorkins

HOLA448
HOLA449

Well they have been lowering the higher rate band for a few years now so all they are doing is giving some of those gains back.

Rubbish. They were given back at the time.

Personal Allowance 2010/11 2011/12 2012/13 2013/14 2014/15

Personal Allowance £6,475 £7,475 £8,105 £9,440 £10,000

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Does the £100 "bonus" (yippee - a bonus - we're all like bankers now. If they don't come through with it then people will just up sticks and go off and work in Dubai) relate to the pledge on £thousands per year of tuition fee money that they reneged on.

Resign now Clegg.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I do think the tax allowance level needs to be raised up to at least the level of a minimum wage job.

£6.31x40x52

Or even at living wage level (£7.65 outside london)

£15912

There's no need for low wage people to pay tax.

Cutting taxes will just raise rents.

Edited by (Blizzard)

HOLA4415

I do think the tax allowance level needs to be raised up to at least the level of a minimum wage job.

£6.31x40x52

Or even at living wage level (£7.65 outside london)

£15912

There's no need for low wage people to pay tax.

are you including the over-65s ? Cleggs proposal was always in the pipeline since it was widely reported that the extra age allowance for over 65s was to remain at £10,500 until the rest of the population caught up.

on a different note I think that couples do very well on tax allowances and a singleton should have a bit of a boost in saving tax - they have to pay more proportionately for many of life's essentials. Couple household get £20,000 tax free and have only one lot of rent/mortgage, water rates, house insurance, utilities, replacement of white goods - the only extra cost is food, clothes (and then there is less wastage) :huh:

HOLA4416

are you including the over-65s ? Cleggs proposal was always in the pipeline since it was widely reported that the extra age allowance for over 65s was to remain at £10,500 until the rest of the population caught up.

Yeah I don't see how you couldn't include everyone.

The whole pensioner freebie thing needs looking at though.

The benefits thing could be capped at what you've earnt in the past - and therefore if you've never worked they'd pick minimum wage as the cap for you. If you've worked in the past and earnt 30k then your benefit cap would be that. That doesn't mean you'd get that much but it'd mean that anyone with who'd supported their family whilst working would get more money than someone who'd been on the dole.

The admin of it would be a potential nightmare (maybe no worse than UC though) and if someone earnt 30k back in 2001 how long would that cap level be for? Or would it have to be within the last 3 years?

Sorry I have completed wandered off the original topic.

HOLA4417

It sounds as if he's suggesting something that would likely be in the pipeline anyway because of the great eu "harmonisations". It would result in all age groups (apart from over 75s who get £10,660) having the same basic Personal Allowance.

He's making out it's going to be some great giveaway (only if you vote LibDem) when it really just goes along with the overall plan and it doesn't even beat likely inflation that much - certainly not real inflation for most people.

Edited by billybong

HOLA4418

on a different note I think that couples do very well on tax allowances and a singleton should have a bit of a boost in saving tax - they have to pay more proportionately for many of life's essentials. Couple household get £20,000 tax free and have only one lot of rent/mortgage, water rates, house insurance, utilities, replacement of white goods - the only extra cost is food, clothes (and then there is less wastage) :huh:

If you want the economies of scale that come with living with other people, live with other people. It's good enough for millions of under 35s. Or should they pay a bit more tax so you can have your own place when they cannot afford one for themselves?

HOLA4419

If you want the economies of scale that come with living with other people, live with other people. It's good enough for millions of under 35s. Or should they pay a bit more tax so you can have your own place when they cannot afford one for themselves?

get off the constant harping on about the 'poor young' and the 'selfish old'. your comments are verging on the personal.

my comment applied to all singletons of any age. if you read my post properly.

lots of people (particularly older ones) are not single by choice - they have probably lost a partner through divorce, or bereavement.

FYI the over 65s pay tax too. :angry:

Edited by olliegog

HOLA4420
HOLA4421