House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

juvenal

Luxury Hazelnut Panettone From Aldi

I wonder if they have any reduced. I'm off to see! :)

;)

Tightwad!

I think they were marked down to £2.50 in my local Aldi. I had no idea they are so nice, weird bell shaped cake thing? I bought some praline truffles for 99p reduced from 1.99. They're not that nice and I can feel my teeth rotting as eat them. Nul points from me. Had quite a good duck a few days back for 3.99 reduced from 6.99.

I have a bread maker recipe for panettone which I was going to try over Christmas. We still have a chunk of christmas cake to eat first though.

Guest eight

Just finished the last slice of Aldi's Xmas finest. Nearly creamed my jeans with pleasure. Four quid? What a product!

Lidl had raspberry liqueur filled dark chocolate barrels for 59p/bag yesterday. They taste amazing.

(Had to have about ten guesses before spelling "liqueur" correctly, above)

I'm finding 'cherry picking' several supermarkets for the both price and quality is the way forward. Doing a whole shop at one provider is out from now on..

Aldi and Lidl are big players for the shoppers pound now - the newcomers' Xmas sales figures must have the big guys very worried...