House Price Crash Forum
Damik

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Forget the prices.

No of sales down 17% E&W and 24% London!

£2m+ houses for sale doubled? Yeah, no. SOLD down 30% y on y!

Edited by Killer Bunny

Lovely people on this forum will you please help me to find out the reduction on this one - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51305324.html.

For some reason I can't get property bee to work properly with my browser and I don't see it listed in zoopla.

01/06/2015

• Price changed: £440,000 Fixed Price £399,950

24/03/2015

• Initial entry found.

That's only about 2.5% down from the new peak.

I';d have hoped for 5-10% down by now :blink:

We really do need a massive trigger.

Is the term 'crash' a bit misleading and tabloid-esque?

I thought the 80s/90s 'crash' took 5 or 6 years to reach the bottom. Perhaps all we can currently hope for is data suggesting the beginning of a decline?

I thought the 80s/90s 'crash' took 5 or 6 years to reach the bottom. Perhaps all we can currently hope for is data suggesting the beginning of a decline?

In 2007 it was 2.5% a month.

Lovely people on this forum will you please help me to find out the reduction on this one - http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-51305324.html.

For some reason I can't get property bee to work properly with my browser and I don't see it listed in zoopla.

According to property tracker on google chrome which you ought to add it was £440K in March 29th.

Similar one sold in 2010 for £260K

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=24631384&sale=43590230&country=england

This is why i have pure hatred for the Tory party.

Forget the prices.

No of sales down 17% E&W and 24% London!

£2m+ houses for sale doubled? Yeah, no. SOLD down 30% y on y!

Agreed. Follow the volume IMO.

4 years in London and 6 outside.

Though London was flat for 2-3 years.

I thought it happened almost overnight and prices stayed until 1997 ish. (and we know what happened then).

In 2007 it was 2.5% a month.

The most I recall was 2.2% and that was high.

According to property tracker on google chrome which you ought to add it was £440K in March 29th.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=24631384&sale=43590230&country=england

Will you give me more details about property tracker. I have never used it before.

Well if the Tories get the WTC implemented and a proper crash follows then it may mellow down your hatred.

If there is 25% crash I may consider voting them next time. If there is a 50% crash then I will convince friends and family to vote for them :-)

Edited by Fairyland

But you love Labour right? Who crashed house prices. Er...

The most I recall was 2.2% and that was high.

You know what I mean.

I agree that the sales volumes speak volumes,but they've been low for almost 8 years now. All that seem to give us is a low volume sales market distortiung figures which are then used to justift silly asking prices for people with no hope of selling.

The whole thing is a mess.

Maybe the bank run in greece will start Credit Crunch II, Gordons revenge,.

Will you give me more details about property tracker. I have never used it before.

Well if the Tories get the WTC implemented and a proper crash follows then it may mellow down your hatred.

If there is 25% crash I may consider voting them next time. If there is a 50% crash then I will convince friends and family to vote for them :-)

If the Tories engineer a 50% crash, either by accident or design, they'll be wiped out at the next GE!

I thought it happened almost overnight and prices stayed until 1997 ish. (and we know what happened then).

Not at all

Prices fell, nationally, c 15% from peak to trough. But of course there was c 10% pa general inflation. Real fall was c 35%.

1988/89 to 1993/95/6 depending on where you were

If the Tories engineer a 50% crash, either by accident or design, they'll be wiped out at the next GE!

If they achieve that I would vote for them for rest of my life and donate them one of my kidneys and one of my testicles!

£1 million+ freehold Greater London properties in today's Land Registry release which have an April 2015 sale date and for which a previous sale price is available.

As usual, the properties are sorted by the 'Prev date' column rather than by price.

Note that only c.40% of April residential sales will have been registered with the Land Reg so far, so this list is not comprehensive.

LR_MillionPlus_Apr15.gif

This second table lists freehold London properties sold in April 2015 where the previous sale date was in 2007.

Inevitably there are errors in the Land Reg database - the 2007 sale price of the property at 2 Selborne Road, KT3 3AN for example is almost certainly understated.

LR_London_Apr15vs2007.gif

The areas in Ealing and Hillingdon boroughs were not very desirable (few years ago). Don't know the recent situation.

Is some investor buying massive amount of land in the cheaper areas to build flats?

Edited by Fairyland

The areas in Ealing and Hillingdon boroughs were not very desirable (few years ago). Don't know the recent situation.

Is some investor buying massive amount of land in the cheaper areas to build flats?

Ealing is a bit down this month:

http://landregistry.data.gov.uk/app/hpi/view?compare=1&from_m=5&from_y=2010&loc_0=Ealing&loc_1=Richmond+upon+Thames&loc_uri_0=http%3A%2F%2Flandregistry.data.gov.uk%2Fid%2Fregion%2Fealing&loc_uri_1=http%3A%2F%2Flandregistry.data.gov.uk%2Fid%2Fregion%2Frichmond-upon-thames&m_hpi=1&source=preview_form&to_m=5&to_y=2015

If they achieve that I would vote for them for rest of my life and donate them one of my kidneys and one of my testicles!

Isn't Lord Janner a labour peer?