Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Funny. According to those arch bears, John D Wood, -20%

I only use land registry figures. Check them for yourself - there are lots of areas in London which never saw a year on year fall.

I would never believe an estate agent - surprised you do? Just pull the real sale data from the land registry - you'll see i'm correct.

HOLA448
HOLA449

What about if rates move up and people just parking money in London property start selling up? Plus of course all the I.O people who will be blown up?

Maybe - but rates are not rising before election.

Politicians are buying time - over the last few years the loan to value has dropped a large amount in London. New buyers have to have big deposits. BTL'ers have had years of low rates to pay back some debt.

HOLA4410

I only use land registry figures. Check them for yourself - there are lots of areas in London which never saw a year on year fall.

I would never believe an estate agent - surprised you do? Just pull the real sale data from the land registry - you'll see i'm correct.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Yes true - but they are only in trouble if interest rates rise - that's not going to happen this side of the election. MPC are government puppets.

Who cares what the empty suits at the BoE think? Base rates don't determine mortgage rates, the market does.

January 2013, US 30yr ave mortgage rate 3.35%

January 2014, US 30yr ave mortgage rate 4.53%

The cost hike is even greater when fees and are included.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Who cares what the empty suits at the BoE think? Base rates don't determine mortgage rates, the market does.

What are the UK figures? Are the 2014 from swap rates?

I'm not sure i'm seeing mortgage rates rising looking at:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.uk/en/categories/comparison-tables

http://www.swap-rates.com/UKSwap.html

HOLA4416

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/mortgageshome/article-2521383/Bank-England-Mortgage-rates-year-low.html

Bank of England figures reveal mortgage rates at a six-year low as three-quarters of buyers take a fix

(apologies from daily mail owned website - ugh - but i think data is correct?)

HOLA4417

......you are rather good at hyping the situation.....many people living in London I would say don't feel they are 'booming'.....are you in sales? :P

Well winkie, I've lived in London for decades and can confirm that it is indeed booming like no other time I've known. Something like San Francisco in the late 90s (where i also lived at the time) but more so.

HOLA4418

Well winkie, I've lived in London for decades and can confirm that it is indeed booming like no other time I've known. Something like San Francisco in the late 90s (where i also lived at the time) but more so.

I am talking about the priced out the 70%.......they are renting from the booming and feel they did not get an invitation to the party.......just waiting for the hangover, the time to sober up. ;)

HOLA4419

Land Registry - the most accurate source of property prices show large areas of London had a small dip in '08 and in '09 the prices returned and exceed the '08 peak.

I was laughing at you saying you don't trust EAs. 1. Sounds as if you are one 2. Bet you don't say that when they say prices have risen. 3. If John D Wood said in 2009 that prices fell 20% in 2008 I think they would not lie about that.

HOLA4420

Next recession they won't be able to slash int rates...

Bankruptcies, liquidations, repos etc

Typical of HPC. Noone responds to this one and suggests noone here can imagine we are Japan and rates will stay low for 'ever'. They likely will. And actually this will achieve all your objectives.

Rising rates will not - well not for years after they start rising.

HOLA4421

Well winkie, I've lived in London for decades and can confirm that it is indeed booming like no other time I've known.

Absolutely no doubt London is growing strongly. What happens when stock market crashes? Again.

After a global economic implosion?

HOLA4422

I was laughing at you saying you don't trust EAs. 1. Sounds as if you are one 2. Bet you don't say that when they say prices have risen. 3. If John D Wood said in 2009 that prices fell 20% in 2008 I think they would not lie about that.

oh i see.

But i still don't understand why you deny LR figures - I know not perfect - but they are by far the best data out there. And they clearly show my point.

Last purchase was completed without use an estate agent.

HOLA4423

Typical of HPC. Noone responds to this one and suggests noone here can imagine we are Japan and rates will stay low for 'ever'. They likely will. And actually this will achieve all your objectives.

Rising rates will not - well not for years after they start rising.

Maybe we don't respond as its just a random statement without evidence from someone who doesn't have the best track record.

HOLA4424

Absolutely no doubt London is growing strongly. What happens when stock market crashes? Again.

After a global economic implosion?

I don't think anyone disputes that a black swan would be a loose cannon that would rock the boat and bring the chickens home to roost, but right now, denying there's a boom in London is just silly. As a London renter, I would love it to be different.

HOLA4425

Maybe we don't respond as its just a random statement without evidence

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

We are doing and experiencing almost exactly as the Japanese did in early 90s.

There are huge deflationary forces - taxes, flat or falling earnings, underemployment, EU(!) etc

Until and unless 30 yr US rate rises above c 4% and stays there, we are all #Japan #2.

Also, it was anything but random. It was entirely relevant:

"View PostNeitherland, on 04 January 2014 - 04:05 PM, said:

I have been ...[watching this space]... since '05.

Next recession they won't be able to slash int rates...

Bankruptcies, liquidations, repos etc "

But of course you have your oh so cleva rationale for not debating the point. Next implosion they will not be able to slash rates, we are Japan and stocks and house fell 80% in Japan during 15-20 years to 2012.

And most on HPC cannot envisage anything other than higher and higher rates. They've been on the wrong side and I suggest will be again with that thinking.

Edited by Killer Bunny