House Price Crash Forum

House Price Rises Must Stop!

HOLA441

Terrifying amount of f**kwittery in the comments section. The political class will throw every tool in the box at trying to insulate these, depressingly numerous, f**ktards from reality.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever they'll fail my beef is the amount of years they fritter away allowing the economy and society to stagnate attempting to do it.

HOLA442

The Nationwide lend big income multiples and long term mortgages way over 25 years. These are inflationary sales tactics, get the lends in now and worry about the risk later. It's no surprise then that Nationwide borrowers have a bit more to offer and considering how many panicking potential buyers are out there (must buy now before it's too late!!) it's no surprise that they publish these figures. What we are really seeing is a lender adding risk to its mortgage book based on a gamble that the state will continue to support house price inflation.

can continue...not will continue.

HOLA443

The Nationwide lend big income multiples and long term mortgages way over 25 years. These are inflationary sales tactics, get the lends in now and worry about the risk later. It's no surprise then that Nationwide borrowers have a bit more to offer and considering how many panicking potential buyers are out there (must buy now before it's too late!!) it's no surprise that they publish these figures. What we are really seeing is a lender adding risk to its mortgage book based on a gamble that the state will continue to support house price inflation.

I'm running my balances in Nationwide down, month by month. Whenever I am in the Uk and in a branch, and they ask me if I want to invest more, I always say very loudly, no thank you, I was hoping to place it in a mutual that supported sensible home ownership, not a firm that pushes BTL.

The staff get very embarrassed.

HOLA444