House Price Crash Forum
ph4t

Experian Credit Score

I was just speaking to my Bank and they say I have a B credit score which means I would have to put down a 15% rather than a 10% deposit.

What does a B credit score mean?

Can this be improved?

Can this be improved?

Take on as much debt as you can, iPad contracts, Credit from Argos, SKY TV including sports channels, Wonga loans.. Make sure you visit Cash For Gold too, that might help things.

Seriously, the more debt you are carrying and interest you are paying the better your score.

Credit Score = How much rent can be extracted score.

Take on as much debt as you can, iPad contracts, Credit from Argos, SKY TV including sports channels, Wonga loans.. Make sure you visit Cash For Gold too, that might help things.

Seriously, the more debt you are carrying and interest you are paying the better your score.

Credit Score = How much rent can be extracted score.

I was surprised to hear recently that my Experian credit reference is excellent. Although I have no debt, other than the balance on my credit cards before they are settled, in full, each month, by direct debit.

Remember that Experian do not hold a "credit score" for you. They just hold the raw information which is searched/shared by any organisation that you are trying to do business with.

So in this case your bank will have one method of coming up with their arbitrary idea of your "score", Argos will have another, Sky will have another, etc.

So the answer to your question about your bank's so-called "B credit score" can only be answered by them, not Experian, as it's your bank that made it up.

HTH

I was just speaking to my Bank and they say I have a B credit score which means I would have to put down a 15% rather than a 10% deposit.

What does a B credit score mean?

Can this be improved?

As mentioned, it means nothing other than to that particular bank, and their own internal scoring system. As a result of their internal scoring system and credit policies, they have determined you as 'B', presumably a higher risk than an 'A', and lower than 'C'. The Bank will not reveal exactly how they made their decision, for risk of opening themselves up to fraud.

The Bank might have already indicated to you which Credit Reference Agency/Agencies (some use multiple) they used to make their decision, and if they have not, will advise you if you ask them.

From there, you can request your file with the relevant CRA.

As mentioned, it means nothing other than to that particular bank, and their own internal scoring system. As a result of their internal scoring system and credit policies, they have determined you as 'B', presumably a higher risk than an 'A', and lower than 'C'. The Bank will not reveal exactly how they made their decision, for risk of opening themselves up to fraud.

The Bank might have already indicated to you which Credit Reference Agency/Agencies (some use multiple) they used to make their decision, and if they have not, will advise you if you ask them.

From there, you can request your file with the relevant CRA.

why are people paying for this nonsense service ?