House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Beautiful Foreign Music

so over the festive season i got a little download happy with the xmas tunes :)

anyway, after sticking them on random for the most part of the holidays this one came on a number of times:

i have no idea what she's warbling on about but i felt it to be a great piece of music.

and in other news:

:lol:

I commented "stunning"

The guy came back with "mio Papa e forte!"

Which I thought might mean "my father is strong!"

So I put that into Google Translate.

Which came back with "my father is strong!"

I'm still none the wiser. I guess it was his father's composition. It is beautiful, though.

Okay, this is by French band Nouvelle Vague, sung in english, but still very French. Just love that french bossa nova feel (itself a Brazilian style of music), and somebody has helpfully put together a very stylish vid based around stills from the Chinese film "In the Mood For Love". The song was originally written by exiled chinese american Winston Tong. So if that ain't foreign what is! Either way it is hauntingly beautiful.

Love Italian stuff. Such a beautiful language.

Suppose it depends on what you mean by "beautiful": the mission to keep on going (the title), to "find yourself", the work with the drums (marvellous)..