House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

Last Dream Of 2013

I was at an old house that overlook the city, though being a dream it was laid out marginally different. For some reason by the side of the bed there was a couple of hobs and I was frying some ginger :| I looked out of the window and could see that my place of work was on fire (not that I could see my workplace from the window when I actually lived at the house in real life). I woke the missus up and said, excitedly – ‘Look, it’s on fire’. After taking about 10 minutes to wake up, she looked out of the window and found that the fire was spreading. I also realised this was the case, it was spreading, rapidly.

And then in the time it took me to say ‘that’s not a fire, that’s a nuclear bomb’ it had engulfed us. Then I woke up.

Now it’s not that often I remember my dreams but fortunately (not sure that’s the right word to use) this was a 8am dream so shortly after I trawled the net to see what ******** meaning was attached to dreaming of a nuclear explosion (you’ll be disappointed to note that there is no mention of ardent hpc’ing).

Within a few clicks the meaning was found and it’s pretty clear that it’s the alternative meaning that applies to me!

To dream of a nuclear bomb suggests feelings of helplessness and loss of control. You are experiencing some strong hostility and rage, where it is nearly destructive. Important changes are about to occur. You may also be expressing a desire to wipe out some aspect of yourself. Alternatively, the nuclear bomb serves as an indication that something crucial and precious to you has ended.

After almost 2 weeks off work, the one sleep before the penultimate return serves up a nuclear dream! How apt!

Does anybody else want to regale us with any late year dreams and their meanings (if you can find them)?

I've been having recurring dreams about killing people. well... someone in particular. A guy at work who's a really nice bloke and just about the last person I'd ever feel like wanting to hack up.

When I looked up the meaning apparently the person you're killing is related to an aspect of you you would like to kill. I started a new job a little while ago where a lot of passivity, restraint and influence were required and it had resulted in me becoming too passive and not proactive/aggressive enough in my approach. I think it was essentially the 'niceness' I wanted to kill. It's not doing me too many favours anyway.

Funny thing is the murders always have some comedy edge to them. The last one involved me hitting him with a frying pan, another had me arranging the body to looke like a side of beef so I could get it past security at work. Come to think of it, every time I have this dream there's some element of me putting the body in a bag and trying to smuggle it out of somewhere. I wonder if that has some meaning?