House Price Crash Forum

2013.... How Was It For You?

Darkman

HOLA441

Well, I was about to post how good a year it was work-wise, then I read davidg's post..... Nah, I enjoy my job!

Work was good, lost a couple of drivers through retirement, so managed to get through a slow two quarters without having to ask for voluntaries. Last quarter of 2013 seen business pick up, looking reasonable for 2014. Lower bonus this year, but nice salary hike at the beginning, and mid, 2013. Better half has had a good year as well, she pedals drugs to the NHS/BUPA etc.

Finally bought our 'forever' home (I'm thinking of creating a login for mumsnet!) with the partner, and now rent our previous two flats for a modest 8-10% return (boo! hiss!) B)

Health wise has been excellent, ate and drunk too much, but we work at keeping the weight off.

Best bit was trip to the Nurburgring, with a few like-minded individuals, in the summer. As previously posted by ccc, it's been a cracking summer on the East coast of Scotland, fantastic motorcycling weather in God's own country :D

Crikey! The weather was shit when Iived there! Am I really the only person on this site who is not a trucker? :huh:

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

2013. Generally not too shabby.

First year in new house. It's now considerably warmer than it was at the beginning of the year.

Working from home in the middle of the countryside is generally going well.

Better health - but a few niggling running injuries.

A few interesting opportunities with work. But blimey, the workload is heavy at the moment.

2014 has got off to a crap start though. Been in bed with an awful cold for the last four days.

HOLA445

No.

Because I know for a fact that actually, you also are a trucker.

I believe you are confusing me with the trucker tribe! Frank Hovis (honorary), and Harry Monk! I rented a 7.5 ton van a few times, with an electric tailgate! You young chaps can't do that! ;) It's because I got my car license before the Roman Empire ended! :huh:

HOLA446

2013. Generally not too shabby.

First year in new house. It's now considerably warmer than it was at the beginning of the year.

Working from home in the middle of the countryside is generally going well.

Better health - but a few niggling running injuries. :blink:

A few interesting opportunities with work. But blimey, the workload is heavy at the moment.

2014 has got off to a crap start though. Been in bed with an awful cold for the last four days.

Ah the festive season, of snot and diarhoea. I'm sure I spelled that wrong, but who cares about spelling, when the world falls out of your ****, every few minutes?

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Piece of shed?

You mean brick sh&t house?

Moi Inglese displease? I will ride you my donkey for nothing! I will will show you my gentleman! Please come you to a romantic ex war

zone in my pleasant country! :blink:

HOLA4411

Well, I was about to post how good a year it was work-wise, then I read davidg's post..... Nah, I enjoy my job!

Work was good, lost a couple of drivers through retirement, so managed to get through a slow two quarters without having to ask for voluntaries. Last quarter of 2013 seen business pick up, looking reasonable for 2014. Lower bonus this year, but nice salary hike at the beginning, and mid, 2013. Better half has had a good year as well, she pedals drugs to the NHS/BUPA etc.

Finally bought our 'forever' home (I'm thinking of creating a login for mumsnet!) with the partner, and now rent our previous two flats for a modest 8-10% return (boo! hiss!) B)

Health wise has been excellent, ate and drunk too much, but we work at keeping the weight off.

Best bit was trip to the Nurburgring, with a few like-minded individuals, in the summer. As previously posted by ccc, it's been a cracking summer on the East coast of Scotland, fantastic motorcycling weather in God's own country :D

I'm guessing that your support for Scottish Independence does not revolve around the idea of freedom from an economic parasite skimming her wealth.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Pretty lousy, the usual rubbish cheered on by the likes of HPC made me even more angry and depressed than usual for some reason. Here's hoping 2014 brings WWIII or an alien invasion or something.

Pretty average year for me! But you have reminded me, I have to do a nice "Powerpoint" presentation" for the Imperial Zone Commander, before Tuesday, so you Earth people have it easy! :blink:

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

I didn't know you were a truck driver. These guys are everywhere on HPC. You, Frank and Harry should start a club.

I just rented a car! Oh bugger It's a fuggin Peterbilt! :o

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Crikey! The weather was shit when Iived there! Am I really the only person on this site who is not a trucker? :huh:

Oi, she's getting on a bit now, but the Blackbird is NOT a truck!

Perhaps I should qualify the statement re. weather. It was good for Scotland! We have never, nor will we ever, have weather as good as the South of England.

Having said that, now that I have a garden, I'm also glad we very rarely have hosepipe bans!

(God's Truth, I'm getting old!)

Archived