House Price Crash Forum
bristolhunter

The Hordes At The Gates

ITV report:

EasyJet: No rise in passengers from Romania or Bulgaria

An easyJet spokesman has said that the airline has not seen any increase in passenger numbers from Bulgaria or Romania to the UK.

He said: "EasyJet currently only flies to two destinations in Bulgaria and Romania and other airlines provide far more frequent services.

"We haven't seen any evidence of an increase to our passenger numbers from January 2014 on these routes."

Elsewhere, media can find, so far, only one migrant (a Viktor Spearslaw).

But don't worry, I'm sure the kippers and the right-wing press will be apologizing soon for their hysterical predictions of doom and "29m" arrivals :rolleyes:

Average wage in Bulgaria is apparently $442 per month.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_in_Europe_by_monthly_average_wage

Cost of a flight from Sofia to London Gatwick on EasyJet is apparently £223, so $350aprox, so three weeks wages.

(Source: Easyjet.com)

Do you really think that the people getting ready to come to the UK to claim benefits etc are all planning on hopping on a plane? Or do you think they might be making their way across Europe via other less formal means of transport?

Idiot.

How I think it works is, people don't just arrive en mass on the first day....it is a gradual process over many months....people will wait until there are contacts settled in, a few will test the water, network and suss the place out... ;)

ITV report:

But don't worry, I'm sure the kippers and the right-wing press will be apologizing soon for their hysterical predictions of doom and "29m" arrivals :rolleyes:

Jezus - if you dont think mass immigration is a reality for the future of the UK, then you have your head stuck deep in the sand. Im watching it happen already.

Average wage in Bulgaria is apparently $442 per month.

http://en.wikipedia....ly_average_wage

Idiot.

As above.

The benefit migrants is small news and worry to me, the above quoted wage is the norm from these new EU countries. You can bee assured that there are many well educated people from the eastern block more than keen to take on "professional" jobs at half the price (and less), and why wouldn't they? I would.!

Good job that several decades of UK government build up a strong education system for our kids to compete.. :(

the bigger issue is 2016 when India and China join the EU so they can trade with such a dynamic entity. By 2018 the UK could have the highest GDP in the milky Way and a population of 1.5bn

Edited by Maria Gorska

This post is consistent with everything else bristolhunter posts, showcasing his support of mass immigration, and there are only three possible explanations.

1. He is an employer of labour looking for lower labour costs.

2. He is a rentier looking for higher rents.

3. He is incredibly naive.

My guess is with number 3.

As I said before, nobody is coming to the UK - It's too expensive. You would be no better off than staying in your own country or moving somewhere much nicer like Germany or Spain.

UK immigration is last years news.

This post is consistent with everything else bristolhunter posts, showcasing his support of mass immigration, and there are only three possible explanations.

:lol:

I would suggest Victoria coach station as being a better place to look for evidence. Having said that, I don't think the rate of people arriving from Bulgaria and Romania is going to increase that much and, if it does, it'll mainly be the ones coming for reasonably well paid regular work. I suspect that most of the scrotey ones that are likely to come are here already given there's been very little to stop them for the last few years anyway.

The benefit migrants is small news and worry to me, the above quoted wage is the norm from these new EU countries. You can bee assured that there are many well educated people from the eastern block more than keen to take on "professional" jobs at half the price (and less), and why wouldn't they? I would.!

It isn't just the absolute price of wages though is it. The cost of living in the UK must be much higher than the cost of the eastern block country the migrant originates from. They hope that they will be able to save or send home some of their wages. Given the increasing cost of living in the UK they may not be able to.

Surely they will soon find that our streets are not paved with gold. Still good for the landlords.

As I said before, nobody is coming to the UK - It's too expensive. You would be no better off than staying in your own country or moving somewhere much nicer like Germany or Spain.

UK cost of living was way higher than polish and still they came. They're going to come, hasn't cameron been spouting about all these millions of extra jobs created here and the fastest growing economy in the developed world? sounds like an advertisement to me.

There are already reports of uk employment agencies in Romania offering over 5000 jobs to anyone that wants them.

Business interests want them here, political interest wants them here and more than likely the Romanians and Bulgarians will want to come here. Considering how crappy prospects are in their homelands and the rest of E.U relative tot he UK, or so it is reported. And that is before taking into account the non contributory welfare state we have here.

Uk business has grown used to driving down wages with migrant labor. It is widespread practice entrenched in their M.O now. And they have a an opportunity to repeat the cycle.

Uk business has grown used to driving down wages with migrant labor. It is widespread practice entrenched in their M.O now. And they have a an opportunity to repeat the cycle.

Exactly. A vote for UKIP is our only chance now.

I am currently working on what is probably the largest construction site in Greater Manchester. I would estimate well over half of the circa 400 workers are foreign.

They are mainly made up of Indians, Albanians, Spanish and Portuguese. If you add in those from the Republic of Ireland then around 70% foreign.

Without a doubt they are displacing English workers. The Indians are here because they are cheap. The Albanians, because they are grafters and are well thought of.

Well if it is number two he will start to notice when the Poles and Roma got to war over the work and start to smash each others flats/houses up. Social cohesion is bound to take a hit. Imagine Boston Lincolnshire in other towns in the UK.

We are a quite a few Months before anything notices as yet. Numbers will have to swell to a point where work becomes scarcer and the pressure on public services becomes more noticeable.

In the meantime expect the DM to report anything negative even remotely connected to Eastern Euro immigration.

For the OP Sky news this evening were also reporting that flights from Rom/Bul to UK airports are pretty much booked up for two/three weeks. That said most will I assume make their way in vehicles and cross the channel.

Watch out for a rise in Unusual number plates on old bangers in London and the SE.

I´m currently visiting relatives in Spain and believe me the foreigners are conspicuously absent. Only a handful of African DVD vendors and mentally ill South Americans remain.

A little bar talk revealed that the lack of benefits for the slackers and the lifeless economy for the industrious have been a factor.

I do wish some of the armchair glory-boys would get out more.

My conversations with the local Roma back home indicate that a vast majority enter the UK by bus or lorry. So asking EasyJet is just sticking your head up your a***

ITV report:

I remember reading an almost identical news article in the Guardian the day after all the other eastern European nationals were allowed into the UK. It was rather smug in a "the right wingers said millions would come but at Heathrow yesterday a mere 10 showed up. This shows concerns were exaggerated" type article.

As it turns out millions did come

It isn't just the absolute price of wages though is it. The cost of living in the UK must be much higher than the cost of the eastern block country the migrant originates from. They hope that they will be able to save or send home some of their wages. Given the increasing cost of living in the UK they may not be able to.

Surely they will soon find that our streets are not paved with gold. Still good for the landlords.

The cost of living may well be higher, but they are still taking the jobs. The life is similar to mine, share accommodation or rent a room/bedsit.

I currently work for a large blue chip and i can assure you that it is already happening and will rollout at a faster pace in future. As a direct example a job that i knew to be 40k five years ago has just been snapped up by a Polish chap for 30k. He is the third in our department in less than a year (its normally Indians, so i guess they have competition). I dont blame them, would i move to Romania for 500k a year and live like a dog? - F&^k Yeah!, i do it already, for less ofc, with no view of putting a decent roof over my head.

A friend who moved into Bulgaria 10 years ago (for the girl), informs me that the kids are generally very well educated in comparison to the UK. I guess its the same with the rest.

Outsourcing to the Eastern block countries is also ongoing. Its a great way for UK companies to say that they pay their direct employees a fair wage. Just outsource the whole department.

The guy they interviewed on the TV, earns 10 euro a day in Romania, looking to earn 10 euro per hour in UK at a car wash. Family back home so will I guess share a room with 3 others and work as many hours as possible for say 6 months and then go back home having saved enough to probably live for two years without working. Those lazy brits are refusing to compete with him for work.

Yup, but I cannot see them going home after 2 years, sure some will go back and live like a king, maybe buy their own house etc but most will tell their families how much better it is here, how much they can earn much more relative to Romanian wages and then the extended families and friends start arriving.

And after a few years, they will grow accustomed to the uk and its life style and they will never go home as they will have communities of their own over here.

Meanwhile, the nimbys will block all infrastructure being built anywhere, including houses so we will no doubt see news articles boasting of soaring rents and soaring house prices with B2L booming as a certain generation decides its now their pension and they cannot miss the boat.

I wish the Romanians and any other immigrants well, but open borders without a harmonisation of benefits, wages and living costs is just absolute madness.

And with the NIMBYS and BANANAS acting as the loudest and most active of a generation holding all the power in this country it means the south east is going to be even more crowded and expensive with the younger generations living there scrabbling in the dirt with the new arrivals for the crumbs from the table.

Happy new year! :lol:

Sorry, I just cant see people uprooting from their family and friends to go and claim benefits in the $hit hole called the UK. On the other hand I can see the low paid, low skilled workers coming to fight over the low paid jobs at Iceland, Pound Stretcher, fish factories and alike.

Brit's who don't like it are free to go over to Romain and pick up 1./2 dozen empty properties for £10 each.

99% of it is a load of scare mongering oooh johnny foreigner is coming to get you, buy a house quick before they price you out on their low wage jobs.

I have seen a few Romanians working in Dublin, seemed like nice 'hardworking' people to me - whats the big deal? You could always do the same as then live 10 to a 2 bed semi then take you cash and bugger off and live somewhere cheaper.

Sorry, I just cant see people uprooting from their family and friends to go and claim benefits in the $hit hole called the UK. On the other hand I can see the low paid, low skilled workers coming to fight over the low paid jobs at Iceland, Pound Stretcher, fish factories and alike.

Brit's who don't like it are free to go over to Romain and pick up 1./2 dozen empty properties for £10 each.

99% of it is a load of scare mongering oooh johnny foreigner is coming to get you, buy a house quick before they price you out on their low wage jobs.

I have seen a few Romanians working in Dublin, seemed like nice 'hardworking' people to me - whats the big deal? You could always do the same as then live 10 to a 2 bed semi then take you cash and bugger off and live somewhere cheaper.

So you dont think people will uproot from their families and friends and then say if you cant beat them join them by living 10 to 2 bed home then go uprooting and leaving families and friends to live in a cheaper country.

Whilst that is an option for some, when we are dealing with mass migration vs the majority of the working class, thats simply not an option, just a race to the bottom really.

I know you moved to Ireland with your family and I sympathise with you for doing the right thing for your family, but wouldnt you have rather stayed here if jobs were more prevalent, wages higher, rents cheaper and possibly in time that house prices generally declining? Mass migration means that all of that is impossible.

They will come for the same reasons that you left and they will come, in time, in the same numbers that the poles did.

You should take a trip to Romania and see the abject poverty there in the villages outside of the capital. People in parts of Europe still wash their clothes in the local rivers.

Many will be leaping at the chance to move across Europe. The notion will be to get work but it doesn't always work out like that does it?

Most will work but the professionals are already here (have been for a couple of years) the ones who earn enough not to be a strain the exchequer with tax credits ect.

So you dont think people will uproot from their families and friends and then say if you cant beat them join them by living 10 to 2 bed home then go uprooting and leaving families and friends to live in a cheaper country.

Whilst that is an option for some, when we are dealing with mass migration vs the majority of the working class, thats simply not an option, just a race to the bottom really.

I know you moved to Ireland with your family and I sympathise with you for doing the right thing for your family, but wouldnt you have rather stayed here if jobs were more prevalent, wages higher, rents cheaper and possibly in time that house prices generally declining? Mass migration means that all of that is impossible.

They will come for the same reasons that you left and they will come, in time, in the same numbers that the poles did.

I would have stayed in the UK, but the cost of accommodation is just too much.Wages are fine, they are about the same rate across Europe.

The only things propping up high cost of housing is the planning system deliberately being over restrictive (how about moving the greenbelt out a bit?). Lax lending standards (95% LTV anyone).

The population of the UK has hardly shot up compared to other countries. If the planning system allowed for lower density living then everyone would not be treading on each other and saying the country is overpopulated.

It's not the country that is over populated, its the areas 'they' (government, nimbys, national theft, boomers hertage etc..) allow you to live in.

The UK could be a first rate country if a longer term view on building new towns, villages and main roads was take. These things will NEVER happen when you have a green belt straight jacket around each and every town, they don't allow you to build outside of that so there is ZERO chance of people getting together and starting a new village town.

So, no immigration is not the massive issue you have been brian washed into thinking it is - the problem they are distracting you from is overall land ownership and share.

99% of people living on 5% of the land is the issue, not a 0.8% population growth rate

You should take a trip to Romania and see the abject poverty there in the villages outside of the capital. People in parts of Europe still wash their clothes in the local rivers.

Many will be leaping at the chance to move across Europe. The notion will be to get work but it doesn't always work out like that does it?

Most will work but the professionals are already here (have been for a couple of years) the ones who earn enough not to be a strain the exchequer with tax credits ect.

I have been to Romania. Some of it is just straight up disgusting. Unbelievable.