House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Si1

Servicing A Pressure Cooker

A stove top one, Prestige brand

Are there companies that will service it for you, or do you have to do it yourself?

Are there companies that will service it for you, or do you have to do it yourself?

It's not difficult to put in new seals. Even I have done it! Prestige Spares available on eBay.

Just buy the bits Si1 They are pretty easy to put in! Even a woman can do it, although never let her know that!

A rebuild kit is always available! If you think about it as a big carburettor, you will not be seen as "any less of a man" :blink:

Preferably not including any semtex, though.

Mine is more a "fountain of food" rather than a weapon! :huh::lol:

buy a wmf - ALWAYS go stainless steel!

My prestige is stainless steel

The valve assembly is playing up, or sommat

My prestige is stainless steel

The valve assembly is playing up, or sommat

Oh, fair enough.

Have stern words with it, but it on the spot, under pressure if you will!

ECC83's are still made in Russia, you may be able to get one.

Some people like the softer gain of a 12AT7. Is anyone confused?

For pressure cookers (Stainless Prestige), there is a gasket set you can buy. Takes ages to fit the bits, using a small screwdriver! But then as good as new!

Some people like the softer gain of a 12AT7. Is anyone confused?

For pressure cookers (Stainless Prestige), there is a gasket set you can buy. Takes ages to fit the bits, using a small screwdriver! But then as good as new!

Might dig my old one out and get Mr B to take a look. I haven't used it for ages.

A year or so ago I had a very old Kenwood mixer serviced and repaired. I'd had it for over 25 years. It cost about £75 including pick up and return, and new ones cost an awful lot more than that.

Might dig my old one out and get Mr B to take a look. I haven't used it for ages.

A year or so ago I had a very old Kenwood mixer serviced and repaired. I'd had it for over 25 years. It cost about £75 including pick up and return, and new ones cost an awful lot more than that.

Ah you can mix cement in those! ;)

Ah you can mix cement in those! ;)

What I do a bit more often than cement is egg whites for Mr B's favourite lemon meringue pie. Not that often, though, it's a bloody fiddle making a proper one. He has to have been very good, or else I have to be feeling very noble and willing to fart about with making pastry and grating lemon peel.

What I do a bit more often than cement is egg whites for Mr B's favourite lemon meringue pie. Not that often, though, it's a bloody fiddle making a proper one. He has to have been very good, or else I have to be feeling very noble and willing to fart about with making pastry and grating lemon peel.

Egg whites? A mere hand held whisk will suffice! The Kenwood is for CAKES! Cakes like my mum made! As stodgy and heavy as can be!

She grew up in the WAR you know, and thus cooks strange things! It's amazing I still only weigh 70 kG! :huh: