House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest eight

Android Drivers For Windows

Guest eight

Hi all,

Got my daughter one of these for Christmas. Seems to work OK and she's very happy with it.

Tried to connect it to my (Windows 7) PC and it recognises it but won't install - it seems that it's an Android driver is lacking. Tried Googling it but couldn't make head or tail of the various "solutions". Assuming I'm an idiot, any suggestions?

Hi all,

Got my daughter one of these for Christmas. Seems to work OK and she's very happy with it.

Tried to connect it to my (Windows 7) PC and it recognises it but won't install - it seems that it's an Android driver is lacking. Tried Googling it but couldn't make head or tail of the various "solutions". Assuming I'm an idiot, any suggestions?

not sure why you would connect it...use the network/dropbox for moving files.

Guest eight

not sure why you would connect it...use the network/dropbox for moving files.

I know what I'm doing that way, that's the only reason. The networking method will mean having to learn something!

Don't bother with Dropbox. It's a steaming pile of poo!

I assume you dont like on line storage..

I know what I'm doing that way, that's the only reason. The networking method will mean having to learn something!

I feel your pain but there's no way you can get through this without learning something.

On the assumption that there's none of your daughter's stuff you're worried about the NSA having access to, I'd nod to Google Drive rather than Dropbox

And on the subject of NSA snooping on the mundanity of our connected lives (nsfw)...

I feel your pain but there's no way you can get through this without learning something.

On the assumption that there's none of your daughter's stuff you're worried about the NSA having access to, I'd nod to Google Drive rather than Dropbox

And on the subject of NSA snooping on the mundanity of our connected lives (nsfw)...

or skydrive for free with the W7 app.

Will the Windows computer not recognise the tablet's internal memory and/or SD card as a drive letter? My Archos tablet will, though you have to do something in the Android setup to allow Windows access to it when connected by USB.

Anyway, I just transfer files between that and my PC by physically moving the SD card between machines.

MTP seems about as robust as a 1970s Skoda. I ended up using a free app called ES File Explorer to copy from Windows shares by wifi.

Guest eight

Are you making sure you allow the tablet to used as a mass storage device?

Thanks for the replies. I finally discovered an obscure setting in the device itself that allowed it to be used as mass storage.

It is quite a fun thing - it's my first extended exposure to one and I can totally see why they've taken off in the way that they have. The ease with which a five year old has picked it up is quite frightening though.

Thanks for the replies. I finally discovered an obscure setting in the device itself that allowed it to be used as mass storage.

It is quite a fun thing - it's my first extended exposure to one and I can totally see why they've taken off in the way that they have. The ease with which a five year old has picked it up is quite frightening though.

It hard to grasp...press button..program runs, pictures appear...

Guest eight

It hard to grasp...press button..program runs, pictures appear...

Right now she is emailing her mother at work whilst listening to Jessie J on Napster.