House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frank Hovis

New Year Resolutions

Off the beer for Jan, tempted to do the full year. Anybody with me?

7 year itch - I'm not asking you!

I am going to do January (that's the plan) I'll do the year if I feel I want to afterwards..

Get the wife to put out more often.

I'm surprised that you say that... she's a right little rabbit every time that I spend an afternoon with her!

Tempted..

One of the charities is doing a dry January.

The bladder and bowel foundation?

No resolutions for me. I can make unrealistic projections of self worth any time of the year. So why spoil January by doing it now?

I guess that giving up beer for January, makes February very appealing!

I'm already on the 5:2 diet (well a modified 3:4 form of it. working well so far - down 5+ kg in 3 months.

Therefore I'm taking something up for New Year instead - meditation. I barely get time to take a sh1t in my household normally so I'm taking 5-10 minutes out a couple of times a day to practice Mindfullness meditation.

That and going to bed before 11pm as often as I can - in fact aim for 10pm.

Guest eight

Same one as every year - knock the excessive masturbation on the head, if you'll pardon the expression.

I'm already on the 5:2 diet (well a modified 3:4 form of it. working well so far - down 5+ kg in 3 months.

Therefore I'm taking something up for New Year instead - meditation. I barely get time to take a sh1t in my household normally so I'm taking 5-10 minutes out a couple of times a day to practice Mindfullness meditation.

That and going to bed before 11pm as often as I can - in fact aim for 10pm.

Have a look at hand yoga (mudras)

http://www.yogajournal.com/practice/2668

and

http://www.harisingh.com/newsMudras.htm

Off the beer for Jan, tempted to do the full year. Anybody with me?

7 year itch - I'm not asking you!

No resolutions, but will definitely continue to clean up my act in 2014 as 2013 taught me I am mortal after all :)

Same one as every year - knock the excessive masturbation on the head, if you'll pardon the expression.

I'm going to give up smoking and masturbation.

It wont be easy though, I'm a 20 a day man............ and I smoke like a chimney.

(Should probably give up trying to be funny!)

A good read. I did Stoptober as, coincidentally (we hadn't discussed it until he mentioned it), did the chap I was sitting next to at work. He was always a bit red in the cheeks, dry skin, and through the month it mostly went away like the lady in the linked article below. Mind he's probably posting the same about me!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2424117/Look-giving-drink-month-face-Mother-enjoyed-glasses-wine-week-transformed-going-cold-turkey.html

To leave the house at least once a day.

I work from home so my commute is from one room to another. I can go for entire weeks without leaving the house once. Partner works and so brings back the basics as needed.

I thought I would exercise more living in the countryside, but ironically while urban areas have parks and woodland you can go into e.g. public spaces there aren't all that many where we live and all the woodland is private.

Our house is at the bottom of a very steep hill and having that at the start of the walk is a bit of a disincentive as is the end of the circular route back along a currently sodden, boggy field. It's not really practical when it's raining all the time. Walking up the hill (single track lane) just to walk down again seems somehow pointless. Although there are spectacular views from the top.

I shall be reading the "Running" thread at some point.