House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FANG

Punk Rock

My oh got me The Great Rock n Roll Swindle lp for xmas off fleabay. Maybe its because its new to me (seen the film a fair few times in younger days) but i think its the best album ever by a long stretch. Also into Blondie in a big way thanks to charity shops this year. Its great having no neighbors!!

My oh got me The Great Rock n Roll Swindle lp for xmas off fleabay. Maybe its because its new to me (seen the film a fair few times in younger days) but i think its the best album ever by a long stretch. Also into Blondie in a big way thanks to charity shops this year. Its great having no neighbors!!

"I can't come" by the Snivelling Shits! (1977)

Also into Blondie in a big way thanks to charity shops this year. Its great having no neighbors!!

Plastic Letters was pretty much my first proper album. I still play it now.

Debbie, sorry, Deborah Harry is about 33 in this clip...

which means she was easily old enough to have had her day in the sun in the 'sixties' or during Glam Rock's heydey. Bless her for not peaking too soon.

edit:

My oh got me The Great Rock n Roll Swindle lp for xmas off fleabay. Maybe its because its new to me (seen the film a fair few times in younger days) but i think its the best album ever by a long stretch

Actually, I'm pretty the sure it's The Scream ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LB4tTx9NkYo

Undertones my favourite.

I remember going to see X Ray Spex in Victoria Park and was blown away.

Ha ha! Yes I saw her too! She died recently! :blink:

Yep, love most of the old punk bands. The intro to Pretty Vacant still gets me going now.

I also have to admit to loving Green Day. I saw them at Cardiff Castle a few years ago - fantastic gig, but me and my mate could have been the slightly ageing fathers of 99% of the other people there.

Yep, love most of the old punk bands. The intro to Pretty Vacant still gets me going now.

I also have to admit to loving Green Day. I saw them at Cardiff Castle a few years ago - fantastic gig, but me and my mate could have been the slightly ageing fathers of 99% of the other people there.

Green Day are great. I first heard of them thanks to my daughter. Which is sad, or odd or something not quite right. :unsure:

And no Punk thread would be complete without the Adverts

The question that obessessed me in the 1970s was whether this song was about the recycled remains of the executed US murderer or a tribute to the Australian left arm Test bowler and free hitting batsmen of the same name.

I'll tell you about punk rock: punk rock is a word used by dillitante's and... heartless manipulators about music that takes up the energies and the bodies and the hearts and the souls and the time and the minds of young men who give what they have to it and give everything they have to it and it's a term that's based on contempt, it's a term that's based on fashion, style, elitism, satanism and everything that's rotten about rock'n'roll.

I don't know Johnny Rotten but I'm sure... I'm sure he puts as much blood and sweat into what he does as Sigmund Freud did. You see, what sounds to you like a big load of trashy old noise is in fact the brilliant music of a genius, myself.

And that music is so powerful that it's quite beyond my control and ah... when I'm in the grips of it I don't feel pleasure and I don't feel pain, either physically or emotionally. Do you understand what I'm talking about? Have you ever felt like that? When you just couldn't feel anything and you didn't want to either. You know? Like that? Do you understand what I'm saying sir?

[Mogwai, Punk rock]

And a romantic little ditty from Johnny Moped which I also own in the original picture sleeve.

Strangely they were never invited on TOTP to sing it

And check out the 1974 line up here -

Far out or what

If I was a neighbour I would have called the police.

Undertones my favourite.

I remember going to see X Ray Spex in Victoria Park and was blown away.

X Ray Spex are my favourite from that era - was blasting that album out last night too, by coincidence. Lily Allen's entire career in one song there, only done much better and 30-odd years earlier.

For those of interested in this kind of music, this is worth a look:

Nicensleazy festival, Morecambe

There's always a few good bands from back in the day. 999 and Discharge headlining this year.