House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HPC=dream

Where Can I Rent A Dvd

As per title.

My local Blockbuster has shut and I don't have a smart tv to stream any films. There is bugger all on the TV tonight and I fancy watching a decent film.

Any ideas?

As per title.

My local Blockbuster has shut and I don't have a smart tv to stream any films. There is bugger all on the TV tonight and I fancy watching a decent film.

Any ideas?

Get a NOW box £10.turns your set into a smart TV .free trail on movies for 30 days and £9 per month to access over 800 movies plus four new films every week no contract,Its a good deal and i am not easily impressed

As per title.

Any ideas?

Your local library.

Your local library.

Do they still exist?

Guest eight

Apparently I'm sitting through a box set of The Kennedys tonight. My fault I suppose - I bought it for her. Is it any good? I think I can guess the ending.

Can I get a Now TV box if I still have a massive old fashioned TV?

My wife is on at me to get a new TV but I have always resisted as nothing wrong with the current one. May have to invest in a fancy one.

She says she is embarrassed when people come round and see our TV :rolleyes:

Get a NOW box £10.turns your set into a smart TV .free trail on movies for 30 days and £9 per month to access over 800 movies plus four new films every week no contract,Its a good deal and i am not easily impressed

We've got one - have had the dearer one for longer trial. It's been great - he's watched more films than I have, but even so I reckon I've watched 30+ films.

Lots of action and horror and romcoms.

They do change though - one's dropped off that was on his to watch list.

They add a few more each week - it's supposed to be four.

It'll be easier to get to iplayer now too - we have a ps3 linked up but that takes more thinking to work out how to get to iplayer on it.

Can I get a Now TV box if I still have a massive old fashioned TV?

My wife is on at me to get a new TV but I have always resisted as nothing wrong with the current one. May have to invest in a fancy one.

She says she is embarrassed when people come round and see our TV :rolleyes:

There is isn't there! Did you watch the Coronation on it?

On a more serious note, most boxes will have S-Video, SCART, and composite output, but do check, as these are going! ;)

Yes but they're shut until the 6th.

Crikey! Scotland opens on the 3rd, and they really can drink! :lol:

Just looked at the Now TV website and you need a TV with HDMI input.....that rules me out then.

I saw Currys are doing a LG 42" HD TV for £279. Not sure how good it is but may be worth a look.

Crikey! Scotland opens on the 3rd, and they really can drink! :lol:

They've shut the whole of the council/housing down until the 6th.

Not entirely sure why - I assume they make people have holidays for the non-holiday days.

Someone probably thought of it as a cost saving thing, but I don't see how it'd save money.

Just looked at the Now TV website and you need a TV with HDMI input.....that rules me out then.

I saw Currys are doing a LG 42" HD TV for £279. Not sure how good it is but may be worth a look.

That tele is pretty good, but its sold out everywhere...the next model up is the LG LN540 for £329 or the Samsung F5000...Prob the best value for dosh at the mo, is the Samsung F6400 at around £479...

I've got Now TV..its effectively a rebadged Roku box..AFAIK, you can still get an AV cable for it, so you don't necessarily need HDMI...Moreover, you can buy NOW TV vouchers off ebay, which saves you a bit of dough...

Lovefilm do a DVD rental, although you do find a lot of smaller corner type shops do it too (such as Spar & Mace)

You might as well buy DVDs on line, they are getting as cheap as a rental.

Got the two Saxondale series box set for under a tenner - that has come in useful this hols.- when BBC comedy hasn't been to my taste (Mrs Brown etc.):huh: