House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hopeful FTB

Poll: So How Fed Up Are You?

Just out of interest, how pi**ed off are you with the current situation? What is it going to take to tip you over the edge on a scale of 1-10? (1 being not that fed up- 10 being very)

Random question I know but I am interested........how on the edge are you?

I am on about 7 in terms of just about had enough but not sure what to do about it!!

:rolleyes:

Just out of interest, how pi**ed off are you with the current situation? What is it going to take to tip you over the edge on a scale of 1-10? (1 being not that fed up- 10 being very)

I am on about 7 in terms of just about had enough but not sure what to do about it!!

wheres the poll? :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

I am at ten..

about house prices..

for no good reason people started to pay more and more for houses a while ago..

It all got carried away and now I can't afford a damn house..

countries full of numpties who can't afford houses.. but have still gone out an bought them..

Rest of my life is good.. not fed up there.

One good reason why houses are so expensive... why they have gone up so fast in the last 7 years.

I'm pretty upbeat on housing. Having just saved myself years of misery by NOT buying a house I consider myself pretty lucky to be positioning myself to take advantage of the market at the bottom. In fact, I now sport a permanent smile as I walk down the high street watching the sheeple get into more debt as they chav their new plasma tv home in their new privately plated car. I can't wait to buy all that stuff at auction.

As for the economy, I'm more worried. I worry whether my savings will start to attract negative interest in the coming years (if inflation runs higher than interest rates), so I'm looking for any asset other than cash to put my wealth in.

But that's why i just bought £5k of kruger rands, invested in Gold Bullion Securities and am looking into shares in nuclear power based companies. More knowing smiles in the future i hope!

So, in short, I'm about 3/10 on your chart.

What edge?

:D

Question TTrTR...

With no or low inflation the current debt levels are huge.. and are not going anywhere..

so what happens when interest rates hit 6%?????

Or will interest rates never do that as the country is in superb shape...?????

Yawn..

alo.. remember I am devon.. highest prices.. lowest wages and highest gains....

I quoted house prices here at you .. and rental incomes against the houses..

and you sai it could not work as rental

The housing market is the most fragiles of markets...

This site has been an education for me. I've been fairly a-political in my life, due mainly to the fact that it's been a fairly tranquil existence so far. Nice.

I see the financial aspects of my life being eroded on an almost daily basis now, and this is beginning to make me a little pi**ed off, but I'm not yet educated enough to determine whom it is causing the aforementioned erosion.

My cautious nature has combined with good luck, compelling me to purchase a property to live in back in 1999. Mortgage is now paid off. Thank Heaven for Flexible Mortgages.

Do I feel better off?

In the words of Paul Daniels. Not a lot.

So, about 4/10 right now.

Question TTrTR...

With no or low inflation the current debt levels are huge.. and are not going anywhere..

so what happens when interest rates hit 6%?????

Or will interest rates never do that as the country is in superb shape...?????

Yawn..

alo.. remember I am devon.. highest prices.. lowest wages and highest gains....

I quoted house prices here at you .. and rental incomes against the houses..

and you sai it could not work as rental

The housing market is the most fragiles of markets...

My turn to yawn......

Yes it's hard to explain why your area has 1 bedroom flats over 100k. But I haven't seen that with my own eyes, so can only take your word for it.

You can't bake your cake and eat it too you know. First you say low inflation keeping the debt from eroding away, then you claim IR's will go to 6% in the forseeable future. How will that be with low inflation?

And if a pick up in inflation is the cause of 6% IR's, well that is a sign that rents can be raised further to cover the additional interest. Wages can be raised further to cover the additional interest. It goes on & on. And yes the real price drops. But what does that matter, only the nominal price versus the mortgage matters.

Edited by Time to raise the rents.

what situation?

housing? - quite neutral. not arsed about owning a house anymore. (purely from a selfish point of view obviously. its dire for people who do wanna own a house)

economy? - sickened by the mess (and shite we're about to go thru) that has been made by people who are supposed to work for the people.

VI spin? - being allowed to be pumped out. STILL! absolutely fcking disgusted.

what situation?

housing? - quite neutral. not arsed about owning a house anymore. (purely from a selfish point of view obviously. its dire for people who do wanna own a house)

economy? - sickened by the mess (and shite we're about to go thru) that has been made by people who are supposed to work for the people.

VI spin? - being allowed to be pumped out. STILL! absolutely fcking disgusted.

It is pretty interesting, after all we have read on this site, to think about why any of us do want to own a house anymore- I just want a home of my own but that ideal has been replaced by making money and investment. Its interesting.

It is pretty interesting, after all we have read on this site, to think about why any of us do want to own a house anymore- I just want a home of my own but that ideal has been replaced by making money and investment. Its interesting.

And to add to that, what are the reasons for buying a house? Why is it so important to us all?

My turn to yawn......

Yes it's hard to explain why your area has 1 bedroom flats over 100k. But I haven't seen that with my own eyes, so can only take your word for it.

You can't bake your cake and eat it too you know. First you say low inflation keeping the debt from eroding away, then you claim IR's will go to 6% in the forseeable future. How will that be with low inflation?

And if a pick up in inflation is the cause of 6% IR's, well that is a sign that rents can be raised further to cover the additional interest. Wages can be raised further to cover the additional interest. It goes on & on. And yes the real price drops. But what does that matter, only the nominal price versus the mortgage matters.

Because.. and you have to have noticed..

the people who determine IR's do so to keep inflation under control..

and the rising IR's in Europe and america will cause more inflation the a few morons with massive debts..

seriously.. check out house prices in Exeter on rightmove..

the average salary in Devon is a lot lower then £20,000 thats what gears the rent buddy...

I make more then the national average..

but a two bed house is £170,000 at least..

a converted attic studie flat is £90,000 and its in a horrible area..

you havent seen a housing boom.. Devon has.... and these are not holliday homes.

and I have seen new build flats drop from £170,000 to £130,000 already..

I see £10,000 cashback against other new builds although I can't guage any drops..

there are no new builds without serious cash backs round here...

This is the boom.. lol...

and the prices drops surround me..

the unsold houses surround me..

The panicking Interest only 9 times salary brigade are rife..

Gas is going up buddy.. a week pound is not going to help that..

If you think a massive debt held by a few wouldn't cease to impact the economy if house prices dropped and we had more cash..

your debt makes you irrelevent..

And to add to that, what are the reasons for buying a house? Why is it so important to us all?

a lot of it is human nature. people want what they can't have even more.

when i got my first "proper" job. flats were 30k (and that was the south east). did i buy one? did i ******. didn't even cross my mind.

no boom craziness then.

Me - I'm on a fairly happy 2. Missus greencat is on 11 (if the dial goes that far) but then she does have exams in December and her clothing habit has ensured she has recently passed maximum wardrobe capacity. Needless to say its all my fault.

Actually you can put me on a cathartic 1 - having got that off my chest.

Edited by greencat

Work = 7 (due to the silly cow I work for, the job itself is a challange but OK)

Housing situation = 6 (but I have to put up with it (renting) for 2 years at least I think)

Love life = 10 (what love life)

Money = 3 (good, got cash & shares)

Social life = 5

General I'm about a 7, but I've got an exam tomorrow so that isn't helping as I'm supposed to be revising