House Price Crash Forum

General Election 2015

Harry Monk

HOLA441

UKIP unfortunately have quite a few, erm, "colourful" characters in their ranks.

Like this charmer:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-25793358

I must say that if someone told me that a UKIPer called Silvester was being grilled in the national press I'd have been delighted. Turns out it's not the one I hoped. At least religioloon is just an ****, Cllr Brian Silvester is an actual criminal.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Would that be a bad thing? After all, the Conservatives will have had five years to sort things out and if anything they are trying their hardest to make things even worse by doing the same old, same old.

We've had Labour, Liberal and the Conservatives now, do you really think UKIP could do any worse?

Yup, I think they could do a lot worse. While Labour, Liberal and the Conservatives may be economically challenged, ineffectual and nepotistic, they do at least touch base with reality every now and again. UKIP are off with the fairies.

HOLA443

Would that be a bad thing? After all, the Conservatives will have had five years to sort things out and if anything they are trying their hardest to make things even worse by doing the same old, same old.

We've had Labour, Liberal and the Conservatives now, do you really think UKIP could do any worse?

I think all of their policies on the internal working of the country are just as bad, so voting UKIP just gives that lot a mandate to continue in the same vein. The only issue they genuinely differ on is the EU.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Yes, that picture will crop up over and over again during the run up to the election, he is finished IMO, although voters seem to have short memories. Many of the students he shafted will now be competing with immigrants to work in Tesco and will probably go with UKIP?

Yes. In addition, if they have had the good fortune to secure a well-paid job they will be receiving a reminder of this broken promise every month for the next thirty years in the form of a pay-slip.

The Lib-Dems are finished. If not forever then for generations.

HOLA448

Yes, that picture will crop up over and over again during the run up to the election, he is finished IMO, although voters seem to have short memories. Many of the students he shafted will now be competing with immigrants to work in Tesco and will probably go with UKIP?

This is a middle aged fantasy. There is very little evidence that younger British people are turning against immigrants, most of whom are young themselves. They know it's tough to get started in life now whichever country you're from and you might have to travel abroad to find opportunity. Young British people see themselves as being in the same boat as young Eastern Europeans.

http://yougov.co.uk/news/2012/07/27/young-people-future/

HOLA449

I'm confused by the floods being caused by the legalisation of gay marriage. According to the US sky pilots, the Oriental Tsunami was Gods way of punishing non Christians. Doesn't that mean that the floods here are Gods way of punishing nimbys?

We so need an apolitical party that those disgusted with liblabcon can turn to.

Before that we need a 'View new posts' button on the main page of this forum so that topics don't get buried once they're moved from this sub forum.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Farage's recent speech about Greece on youtube:

An excellent speech.

The main criteria for deciding where to vote has to be stopping Liebour from ever getting into power again. The problem is of course the Tories have been largely taken over by the same Common Purpose dominated, Fabian inspired1960's cabal who dominate the organs of state and the state media in the UK. The liberals have been self-hating, 'useful idiots' for the last 100 years.

So for the Europeans it has to be UKIP and for the GE it depends where you live; whatever will damage Liebour the most locally.

Sadly I doubt UKIP have a chance for real power though as the Common Purpose/ BBC/ shadow state octopus uses every trick over the next two years to try and destroy them.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

That will adversely affect your credit rating.

Not really, I had plenty of credit when I wasn`t on it, a bank that I had been asked to pay rent into queried why I wasn`t on it and I just said "I`m sure I sent back the forms" They still opened the deposit account. Being too picky about someone`s credit rating, or lack of, is like a club with too strict a door policy, eventually you have no punters. The present money system needs punters playing the game, lots and lots of punters, or it stops working.

HOLA4414

This is a middle aged fantasy. There is very little evidence that younger British people are turning against immigrants, most of whom are young themselves. They know it's tough to get started in life now whichever country you're from and you might have to travel abroad to find opportunity. Young British people see themselves as being in the same boat as young Eastern Europeans.

http://yougov.co.uk/...-people-future/

Sorry, my mistake, I mentioned immigrants!

Edited by dances with sheeple

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Sorry, my mistake, I mentioned immigrants! The young people he shafted will punish HIM (at the ballot box) not the immigrants, which is another issue. The issue I am talking about is that Clegg would have said anything to get near the levers of power.

Yes, I'm quite looking forward to Clegg's 2015 butchering at the hands of Generation Y, it will probably be the highlight of the election. The politicians are always so terrified of the oldies, time for them to learn that over-65s aren't the only ones who identify strongly with their age group.

HOLA4419

UKIP now the most popular party according to the paper review on SKY last night, or did I hear that wrong? They were saying Cameron is still the most popular leader though, and the UK public would love it if he defected to UKIP!

http://www1.politicalbetting.com/index.php/archives/2014/01/18/ukip-top-the-comres-most-favoured-party-list-and-move-up-to-19-on-voting-intention/

I think you mean that they're top of the favourability ratings with a 27% rating.They are polling 19% in that Com res poll.The main pollsters use different methodolgy hence the wide variety of results for UKIP.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Another thread which perfectly demonstrates how this site has gone down the pan. First it was the Liebore trolls hijacking threads and shutting down debate and new ideas. Nowadays it's the usual breed of Tory shills with their cut and paste arguments ready to shoot and shout certain posters down.

You know who you are.

HOLA4422

Europe really is of very little consequence its amazing how effective the propaganda has been in this.

Basically the ruling class clinging onto their power are threatened, for ordinary people it makes little difference excepting immigration.

As far as democracy is concerned, the AV vote was much much more important.

This. PR would get my vote. Not a chance.

HOLA4423

Well you're precisely where I am then !

However UKIP supporter are trying to fold house price issues into their agenda by claiming that allowing too much cheap labour immigration is the fundamental cause of the Credit and House Price bubbles.

Hmm

This is an interesting statement

I think it is right although "cheap" labour can be omitted as much of the top end boom was from extremely rich immigration buying up mainly London residences.

We all know there is a housing problem which will get worse. The political parties have all started to make political points as the problem gets worse.

I agree UKIP has the best only real answer to the problem.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425