House Price Crash Forum

General Election 2015

Will be voting UKIP ,

Labour believe in a pyramid economy, and the conservatives love the mass of cheap labour, Neither of these party's give a hoot about the working people of this country. :unsure:

Labour are also fully fledged to mass cheap labour. The purchasing power of wages went down under Labour and the amount of working people needing tax payer funded benefits to get by on is scandalous. Not to mention the Conservatives believe in pyramid economics as well.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep up the good work. With people like you involved, Labour don't need those activists.

I am not saying anything but incumbent is wasted vote. I am saying that UKIP vote is not tactical, but merely protest which achieves nothing.

The truth is voting Labour achieves nothing. Voting or voting for the LibLabCon is the real wasted vote. Vote UKIP or for a local independent candidate.

I would say most people are not anti EU they feel a belonging to the EU, and enjoy the free trade in goods and services it offers, what people do not want is a federal EU rule, rulers not democratically voted in by the people, fiscal and monetary rule by the unelected eurocrats. ;)

I agree.

We also have 1,200 unelected lords, appointed by the main parties for services rendered and not rocking the boat, clocking in and then out again for £300. Oh, I forgot to mention that Nick Clegg is on the case of reforming the House of Lords.....so no change there then.

I would say most people are not anti EU they feel a belonging to the EU, and enjoy the free trade in goods and services it offers, what people do not want is a federal EU rule, rulers not democratically voted in by the people, fiscal and monetary rule by the unelected eurocrats. ;)

+1

It's likely most feel a belonging to europe. Apart from the referendum on the eu in the event of the UK leaving the eu there is also a good case for another referendum on the Common Market to at the very least reset that arrangement to renegotiate its terms as it didn't deliver what was promised at the time of the original referendum.

Edited by billybong

Labour are also fully fledged to mass cheap labour. The purchasing power of wages went down under Labour and the amount of working people needing tax payer funded benefits to get by on is scandalous. Not to mention the Conservatives believe in pyramid economics as well.

The best way to protect Thatchers legacy would have been to chuck it in the bin and start again.

As it stands both main parties AND the electorate have been flogging a dead horse, a most conspicuous element of which has been perpetually inflation busting house price rises.

The only way out of this - if there is a way - is for the electorate to wise up, debate and create a new agenda and force the main parties to reform themselves and develop new solutions in the light of their core values.

Or you could stick your head in a UKIP sh*t bucket and hope for the best.

The best way to protect Thatchers legacy would have been to chuck it in the bin and start again.

As it stands both main parties AND the electorate have been flogging a dead horse, a most conspicuous element of which has been perpetually inflation busting house price rises.

The only way out of this - if there is a way - is for the electorate to wise up, debate and create a new agenda and force the main parties to reform themselves and develop new solutions in the light of their core values.

People who bang on about misguided ukip voters letting labour in are spectacularly missing the point. Ukip voters are by and large anti eu. They ( I include me) know that unless the Tories change and I mean properly change their policy on Europe then there is no chance ( save winning themselves) of us getting a vote on the eu. The only leverage they have is to demonstrate to the Tories that ukip can stop them winning and let labour win unless they yield. It's a big game of chicken and Cameron will try all kinds of ruses to try and deflect ukip support.

What Cameron doesn't get is that ukip supporters have been lied to so many times by the Tories that they no longer fear labour, in fact five more disastrous years under lib lab will only bolster ukip come 2020 so who cares if labour get in.

Some people need to realise that grown ups sometimes care about January and not just Christmas and if it takes three elections to get our way we couldn't care less about who is in power come 2015. We need a vote and we will get it

Edited by Sir Harold m

The Sun newspaper circulation is now only about 2,409,811 down from 3,557,336 in 2000

Its online site is behind a pay wall

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_newspapers_in_the_United_Kingdom_by_circulation

I doubt it is going to be deciding any elections in the future

Might want to compare that to what the daily fail is doing on line .…

When voting ...there should be a tick box for " none of the above " then see just how big the protest vote would be .....it would get my tick,..…

On the other hand, looking at the poll above, I cannot for the life of me understand why anybody who has any genuine concerns for the issues raised by this site would waste a vote on UKIP.

I'm similarly puzzled. UKIP's 2013 manifesto was very clear,

the party promises to “fight proposals like unwanted housing developments, unwanted out-of-town supermarkets and inappropriate energy schemes like incinerators, wind and solar farms that will ruin the character of our communities”.

UKIP are the NIMBY party, pure and simple. So how on earth have they become the darlings of this forum?

People who bang on about misguided ukip voters letting labour in are spectacularly missing the point. Ukip voters are by and large anti eu. They ( I include me) know that unless the Tories change and I mean properly change their policy on Europe then there is no chance ( save winning themselves) of us getting a vote on the eu. The only leverage they have is to demonstrate to the Tories that ukip can stop them winning and let labour win unless they yield. It's a big game of chicken and Cameron will try all kinds of ruses to try and deflect ukip support.

What Cameron doesn't get is that ukip supporters have been lied to so many times by the Tories that they no longer fear labour, in fact five more disastrous years under lib lab will only bolster ukip come 2020 so who cares if labour get in.

Some people need to realise that grown ups sometimes care about January and not just Christmas and if it takes three elections to get our way we couldn't care less about who is in power come 2015. We need a vote and we will get it

If you believe that Europe is the UK's most pressing issue and none of the parties have a satisfactory policy then that is fine by my books, entirely rational that you should be voting or threatening to vote UKIP to put pressure on all the parties let alone Tories. In addition, for many - in particular Boomers - its also a bit of a sectarian issue which may be tangential to the actual problems the UK faces.

If you have more fundamental economic concerns centred around the credit crunch - uk and global, housing as a market and utility e.g. the concerns of this site, then really UKIP are a waste of time.

UKIP are the NIMBY party, pure and simple. So how on earth have they become the darlings of this forum?

That's an interesting point. I'm one of the guilty parties who clicked UKIP in the poll. I'm not a confirmed voter, I'm just fed up with mass immigration. Sorry if that offends anyone (and please save the who's really a native though? arguments, care factor zero). I must admit beyond their immediate anti EU message and my enjoyment of Farage EU parliament speeches on youtube, they don't hold any further appeal to me.

For what its worth, here are my criteria for voting in the next election:

Must haves:

Not one of the big three

Reduce (stop) immigration ASAP, not maybe have a vote possibly in x years time

Awareness of difference between original common market idea and what we have ended up with re the EU

Nice to have:

Awareness of loose credit causing house price bubbles (is any party talking about this, if so it gets promoted)

Does not spout meaningless (or just dangerous) stock phrases such as "get banks lending", "lock in recovery", "1 million jobs created"

Perhaps I'd be better off with the Greens. I'd do a Brewsters Millions (none of the above) if there was the option though.

That's an interesting point. I'm one of the guilty parties who clicked UKIP in the poll. I'm not a confirmed voter, I'm just fed up with mass immigration. Sorry if that offends anyone (and please save the who's really a native though? arguments, care factor zero). I must admit beyond their immediate anti EU message and my enjoyment of Farage EU parliament speeches on youtube, they don't hold any further appeal to me.

Must haves:

Not one of the big three

Awareness of difference between original common market idea and what we have ended up with re the EU

Nice to have:

Awareness of loose credit causing house price bubbles (is any party talking about this, if so it gets promoted)

Does not spout meaningless (or just dangerous) stock phrases such as "get banks lending", "lock in recovery", "1 million jobs created"

Perhaps I'd be better off with the Greens. I'd do a Brewsters Millions (none of the above) if there was the option though.

Well fair enough - you could nearly reverse your Must and Nice and you have my priorities. Although I'm not too concerned about immigration - and any concerns have been knee-jerked by the big parties anyway.

There is a bit of a grey area where actually I look more to Europe for sane housing policy, but this is somewhat separate issue to whether we should be 'compelled' by Europe towards sanity. Its certainly anathema to most Brits in the opposite way to many countries who see Europe as a way of beating up their own corrupt/incompetent governments.

I note the post above re: UKIP having policies designed to actually exacerbate the housing crisis so I take it back that they are irrelevant to the issue.

I imagine if UKIP intend to stop the overwhelming numbers of eu incomers then UKIP might be thinking there'll be far less need for building stuff in areas of potential NIMBYism.

In any event the UK should have a vote on the eu and the main parties have been lying about and reneging on a referendum since the 90s and likely even earlier (that's quite apart from reneging on almost every other other promise as well). None of them can be relied on for this. Even the latest Conservative promise for 2017 as that will almost certainly be reneged on in one form or another - and UKIP has the word independence in its name. It's the reason for it existing as a party so at least there's a policy that won't be reneged on and that alone is refreshing to know - for any voter.

In that regard it's similar to a vote between:

Renegers and Non-Renegers.

Edited by billybong

the party promises to “fight proposals like unwanted housing developments, unwanted out-of-town supermarkets and inappropriate energy schemes like incinerators, wind and solar farms that will ruin the character of our communities”.

Well the maths seems pretty simple to me.

Don't let in a few million immigrants and don't build a few hundred thousand houses - or the opposite. I know which is more preferable especially since they can be voted out ex post facto.

@Pig

If any of the parties guaranteed an immediate return to sensible salary multiples for mortgages, stop bailing out borrowers at savers expense and stop FLS, HTB and other such nonsense immediately then they'd get my vote. Even if they were big three and pro MASS immigration with Call Me Dave's shiny foundation covered forehead plastered all over it telling me it's the right thing to do.

The reason those aren't on my "must have" list is that, to the best of my knowledge, nobody is currently offering it.

If anyone can enlighten me to a party that is then I'm happy to be influenced :)

the party promises to "fight proposals like unwanted housing developments, unwanted out-of-town supermarkets and inappropriate energy schemes like incinerators, wind and solar farms that will ruin the character of our communities".

I wonder if its an issue of 'right-wingness'. For one thing a lot of UKIP support seems to be based around the sense that the conservatives don't represent the right wing satisfactorily - outside of the economic sphere.

If your interest is 'property' then this site will be of interest to you - but you are more likely to be right wing with the above issues than if your concern is 'housing' ?

@Pig

If any of the parties guaranteed an immediate return to sensible salary multiples for mortgages, stop bailing out borrowers at savers expense and stop FLS, HTB and other such nonsense immediately then they'd get my vote. Even if they were big three and pro MASS immigration with Call Me Dave's shiny foundation covered forehead plastered all over it telling me it's the right thing to do.

The reason those aren't on my "must have" list is that, to the best of my knowledge, nobody is currently offering it.

If anyone can enlighten me to a party that is then I'm happy to be influenced :)

Well you're precisely where I am then !

However UKIP supporter are trying to fold house price issues into their agenda by claiming that allowing too much cheap labour immigration is the fundamental cause of the Credit and House Price bubbles.

Must haves:

Not one of the big three

Nice to have:

I guess it depends on which you think is the greater problem immigration or economic/financial/housing policy (though immigration impacts these to an extent). Though I want immigration controlled that is a clear second to me, to fixing the latter. So though I dislike the greens immigration policy I'll be voting for them.

However, he's right about UKIP being utter nimby heaven. Their core demographic are white male boomer over 60's conservative voters from the shires and smaller outlying villages (71% of their support comes from the over 50s). So I'd expect them to markedly curtail house building and tighten back up the planning reg's if they ever got the chance, and their manifesto makes it exceedingly clear that they would.

Which is why I could never ever vote for them. It's also why I don't understand why so many here will vote UKIP even if just for protest. There surely must be other parties or independents who you can protest-vote for that are not so majorly nimby inclined.

Well the maths seems pretty simple to me.

Don't let in a few million immigrants and don't build a few hundred thousand houses - or the opposite. I know which is more preferable especially since they can be voted out ex post facto.

About 40% of the increased housing demand comes from immigration. The other 60% comes from longer lives adding to our population and demographic changes. Strangely enough it's the boomers and retirees (i.e. UKIP voters) that make the biggest contribution to that 60%, as they are the ones living longer and they typically live in multiple occupancy family homes as singles or couples.

snip

So I'd expect them to markedly curtail house building and tighten back up the planning reg's if they ever got the chance, and their manifesto makes it exceedingly clear that they would.

Which is why I could never ever vote for them. It's also why I don't understand why so many here will vote UKIP even if just for protest. There surely must be other parties or independents who you can protest-vote for that are not so majorly nimby inclined.

I am voting for Liberty GB, the UKIP without the illeberal-left political correctness restrictions.

Paul Weston labelled a rascist or anyone else, by the mainstream politicos and media, for just wanting to preserve the culture and people of Britain.

Edited by Take Me Back To London!