House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
anonguest

Words Fail Me!

I mean FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND THE LOVE OF GOD....the 'bedroom' is so small even the EA is hard pressed to label it as such, rather as a 'bed space'. Never mind the location, etc.

My only wish is to meet the moron that buys this, and pays anywhere near this price, so I can get a personal insight into just what thought/logic processes go through the mind of someone like that.

I mean FOR CRYING OUT LOUD AND THE LOVE OF GOD....the 'bedroom' is so small even the EA is hard pressed to label it as such, rather as a 'bed space'. Never mind the location, etc.

My only wish is to meet the moron that buys this, and pays anywhere near this price, so I can get a personal insight into just what thought/logic processes go through the mind of someone like that.

Bet that is the sellers only wish as well :lol: Couldn`t handle that attic space, reminds me too much of Black Christmas :lol: It will be a black Christmas, and New Year, for any tool that forks out for this.

Edited by dances with sheeple

looks like a "Shed with bed" to me? not 'end of terrace'.... unless the back yard is now the 'end' .. "side of terrace"?

Insane.

Londoner's must be the dumbest people on the planet, to keep this bubble going.

Bet that is the sellers only wish as well :lol: Couldn`t handle that attic space, reminds me too much of Black Christmas :lol: It will be a black Christmas, and New Year, for any tool that forks out for this.

Seeing such stuff advertised for sale by EA's and vendors with perfectly straight faces and their bewilderment at anyone querying the price as weird, makes me realise just how insane, economically speaking, our world has become - and the only thought that immediately goes through my mind, searing with rage and anger, is fantasising of personally machine gunning the entire collection of presently sitting MPs in parliament for what they are responsible for not only bringing about but perpetuating too.

Then, 3 seconds later, my more calm and collected thoughts are to archive/keep these adverts for posterity.

We, here, all know this madness is going to end badly - the question is how?

Will we look at these adverts in 20 years time and....

(1) Say "Cor! Look how cheap that was", after having just returned from the local shop to buy a pint of milk and loaf of bread for £74-65p.

OR

(2) Fall about on the floor laughing at how anyone could pay such an insanely 'Tulipmania' like price.

Personally I pray for the latter.

Edited by anonguest

Seeing such stuff advertised for sale by EA's and vendors with perfectly straight faces and their bewilderment at anyone querying the price as weird, makes me realise just how insane, economically speaking, our world has become - and the only thought that immediately goes through my mind, searing with rage and anger, is fantasising of personally machine gunning the entire collection of presently sitting MPs in parliament for what they are responsible for not only bringing about but perpetuating too.

Then, 3 seconds later, my more calm and collected thoughts are to archive/keep these adverts for posterity.

We, here, all know this madness is going to end badly - the question is how?

Will we look at these adverts in 20 years time and....

(a) Say "Cor! Look how cheap that was", after having just returned from the local shop to buy a pint of milk and loaf of bread for £74-65p.

OR

(B) Fall about on the floor laughing at how anyone could pay such an insanely 'Tulipmania' like price.

Personally I pray for the latter.

Has anyone bought it though? The fact stuff like this is sitting around on R.Move etc being laughed at by posters on here is encouraging if nothing else?

Has anyone bought it though? The fact stuff like this is sitting around on R.Move etc being laughed at by posters on here is encouraging if nothing else?

BUT It's actually 'Under Offer'!!!!!

That means someone, somewhere actually sees 'value' in this pile of sh*te and is seriously thinking about buying it!!!!. Its safe to assume that whatever the offer it wont be too far from the asking price. I can't see the it going under offer with someone offering only, say, 75K for it.

Edited by anonguest

BUT It's actually 'Under Offer'!!!!!

That means someone, somewhere actually sees 'value' in this pile of sh*te and is seriously thinking about buying it!!!!. Its safe to assume that whatever the offer it wont be too far from the asking price. I can't see the it going under offer with someone offering only, say, 75K for it.

No, but it looks like just a big converted garage? I suppose the reasoning would be that it is cheaper than anything else around so people desperate to own, "own", or "get on the ladder" will bid on it. Stuff like this will get slaughtered when it all turns south.

Is it really under serious offer though? Can`t EA`s just put that up if a couple of people have viewed it?

Edited by dances with sheeple

Could quite happily live in that.

But the price would have to be nearer £27k not 10x that amount.

I agree with those sentiments 100%.

I'm prepared to correct my earlier 'pile of sh*te' comment. It isn't.

I'm prepared to accept that it is a clever and creative use of old/disused and small space. It is just insanely priced.

No, but it looks like just a big converted garage? I suppose the reasoning would be that it is cheaper than anything else around so people desperate to own, "own", or "get on the ladder" will bid on it. Stuff like this will get slaughtered when it all turns south.

Is it really under serious offer though? Can`t EA`s just put that up if a couple of people have viewed it?

It may be that with record low interest rates, 'currently' the mortgage repayments are cheaper than renting, thus for those not in the know it makes sense to buy rather than rent.

It may be that with record low interest rates, 'currently' the mortgage repayments are cheaper than renting, thus for those not in the know it makes sense to buy rather than rent.

Or someone may have sold a house and made 400k or something clear profit, and by buying this for cash can live rent/mortgage free while still saving/investing the rest plus wages that will come in the future without the drag of housing costs? People involved in buying/selling inside a massive bubble like London are not viewing it the way many posters here are, under 300k probably seems like a bargain to them?

Or someone may have sold a house and made 400k or something clear profit, and by buying this for cash can live rent/mortgage free while still saving/investing the rest plus wages that will come in the future without the drag of housing costs? People involved in buying/selling inside a massive bubble like London are not viewing it the way many posters here are, under 300k probably seems like a bargain to them?

Sorry....

I know that numeracy and financial literacy skills have plummeted in this country but I just can't 'buy' the rationale for sentence one, and....

When you can buy a 'proper' flat/apartment in the same area (street even!?) for the same or less money, then I am hard pressed to accept the argument in sentence two being applicable here (although I agree with the premise/argument about 'when inside a bubble....')

IMHO anyone paying anything near the asking price is certifiable. End of.

In fact I simply cannot bring myself to believe that this will be bought be someone intending to make it their own home. Rather I think (indeed pray!) that this will be snapped up by dumb investment money (maybe foreign) looking for a bricks and mortar - any bricks and mortar!

£558.84 per sq ft

Probably the high asking price is down to it's famous visitor:

It has been formally owned by artists since the sixties as it has proved to be a great creative space - Kylie Minogue has even been here to get her portrait done for a book - but that's another story.
Edited by MattW

I have just returned from Northern France, where colleagues with similar qualifications, in similar work, and on less pay pa than I earn, can afford to buy a house and raise a family on just one salary and maintain an enjoyable, albeit modest, lifestyle. Not sure what I am doing here.

I have just returned from Northern France, where colleagues with similar qualifications, in similar work, and on less pay pa than I earn, can afford to buy a house and raise a family on just one salary and maintain an enjoyable, albeit modest, lifestyle. Not sure what I am doing here.

It's like that here in Ireland - I must be mentally ill contemplating returning. I think I might wait it out here longer to see if any work turns up.

Same here. Alas, being the luddite I am, learning French (and accustoming myself to their 'ways') would be likely be harder than teaching our cat Latin! :-(

One of the mechanisms of value is how much can you get if you had this as a BTL, and on that basis the value would be....

Yes, it would be rentable to people travelling maybe, a couple of notches above bunking with 12 others in a room in Earls Court. If you could advertise it on websites targeting backpackers it might be a goer. Tax man would want his cut though, and it could easily get wrecked on a regular basis, so maybe just as a straight ahead rental to maybe a couple or single working person?

Sorry....

I know that numeracy and financial literacy skills have plummeted in this country but I just can't 'buy' the rationale for sentence one, and....

When you can buy a 'proper' flat/apartment in the same area (street even!?) for the same or less money, then I am hard pressed to accept the argument in sentence two being applicable here (although I agree with the premise/argument about 'when inside a bubble....')

IMHO anyone paying anything near the asking price is certifiable. End of.

In fact I simply cannot bring myself to believe that this will be bought be someone intending to make it their own home. Rather I think (indeed pray!) that this will be snapped up by dumb investment money (maybe foreign) looking for a bricks and mortar - any bricks and mortar!

Didn`t know that. The seller and any buyer is obviously mental then.

It's like that here in Ireland - I must be mentally ill contemplating returning. I think I might wait it out here longer to see if any work turns up.

Most of the UK is oblivious, much of the rest ignorant. I'm despondent.