House Price Crash Forum

Alternative Christmas Message

1929crash

HOLA441
Edward Snowden will deliver the "Alternative Christmas Address" on Britain's Channel 4. In the past, the address was given by figures such as Ali G and Sharon Osborne. The "Alternative Christmas Address" is the channel's answer to the Queen's message to the country.

Snowden will say "Great Britain’s George Orwell warned us of the danger of this kind of information. The types of collection in the book – microphones and video cameras, TVs that watch us are nothing compared to what we have available today. We have sensors in our pockets that track us everywhere we go. Think about what this means for the privacy of the average person."

The head of News and Current Affairs at Channel 4 explained, "Edward Snowden’s decision to reveal the extent of surveillance programmes was one of the most significant news events of the year. The information which he has placed in the public domain raises serious questions for democratic society. This is an opportunity for our viewers to hear from him directly and judge for themselves what he has to say."

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/12/24/Snowden-to-Give-UK-Channel-4-Alternative-Christmas-Address

Merry Christmas to everyone on HPC. B)

HOLA442

And yourself!

It really is 1984 again, and Governments collect information "because they can"! Mr Snowden's revelations are nothing surprising! :blink:

HOLA443
HOLA444

One dreams of him achieving a higher viewing figure than Aunty Pravda's German tenant. :D

You should address me as Chancellor really, but Fuerher is is good! I have a nice hat! :lol:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Ali G........Sharon somebody........Edward Snowden!?! There's a non-sequitor if ever I saw one. Is this the moment Ch4 got serious?

I wonder if they'll be getting a visit from the men in black suits to smash up their hard-drives........

HOLA449

Father used to turn the hounds loose on politicos who didn't know their place.

I find them in their place! Under stones! Probably sucking off a newt! :blink:

HOLA4410

Archived