House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dave Beans

Good To Know That Our Tax Money Is Going To Worthwhile Causes...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2525271/Im-Z-list-celebrity-pay-taxpayers-money-switch-lights-Shocking-extent-council-spending-star-appearances-likes-TOWIE-cast-Rolf-Harris.html

In Perth, Z-list TOWIE 'star' Mark Wright was given £7,000 plus £132 for flights and £150 for travel - all for just one hour of work.

He turned on the Christmas lights but decided he was too 'tired' to meet hundreds of fans who queued outside a restaurant. Instead, his team invited just 30 people at the front of the queue along to the three-star Mercure hotel in Perth where he spent half an hour signing autographs before swiftly flying home.

We gave seven grand to that twerp...

Beat interestrateripoff to this one too!

The official line will be that it attracted shoppers/tourists to the town. I personally think you'd make more money for the town and attract many more people by telling everyone you're going to put £7000 in a balloon that'll pop when the lights are switched on and have a crystal ball style free for all. Most would be spent in the local shops and boozers within an hour or two.

The official line will be that it attracted shoppers/tourists to the town. I personally think you'd make more money for the town and attract many more people by telling everyone you're going to put £7000 in a balloon that'll pop when the lights are switched on and have a crystal ball style free for all. Most would be spent in the local shops and boozers within an hour or two.

I'm surprised someone like Wonga didn't sponsor his visit...

Agreed. Even better would be to abolish parking charges and send all the parking wardens home for a few days.

I love that idea!

My first thought was that was a fantastic idea...but would probably be banned for Health and Safety reasons.

Then I thought the idea of seeing the most desperate and the most greedy fighting it out for a few quid is not very edifying and perhaps we should just have a Citizens' Income instead that people can spend in the shops..

& how much would the A&E bill be, after several people start fighting over a rogue £10 note...