House Price Crash Forum

Husband Fights Doctors In Bid To Let Comatose Pregnant Wife Die - Despite The Unborn Baby Still Alive Inside Her

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

Er... no. :)

Joshing aside, the are a couple of subtle semantic differences between the acronyms MMGW (Man Made Global Warming) and CAGW (Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming)

First off, few people seem to be arguing that humans have *no* impact on the world's climate. The issue is whether that impact is likely to have catastrophic outcomes or not.

More importantly, calling it Man Made is a nice example of the Politically Correct Police taking the day off when male-specific language is associated with something sh1tty.

Actually, according to a (German language) article in Spiegel On Line, climate change *is* a man...

Global warming sociologically: Men are responsible for climate change

Who actually more to blame for climate change - men or women? The case is clear for the Bremen professor Ines Weller: men eat more meat, driving flashy cars and do not want to change their climate-damaging behavior... (cont)

HOLA442
HOLA443

Joshing aside, the are a couple of subtle semantic differences between the acronyms MMGW (Man Made Global Warming) and CAGW (Catastrophic Anthropogenic Global Warming)

First off, few people seem to be arguing that humans have *no* impact on the world's climate. The issue is whether that impact is likely to have catastrophic outcomes or not.

More importantly, calling it Man Made is a nice example of the Politically Correct Police taking the day off when male-specific language is associated with something sh1tty.

Actually, according to a (German language) article in Spiegel On Line, climate change *is* a man...

Global warming sociologically: Men are responsible for climate change

That's a positive IMO as the debate has moved towards more sensible ground. But I won't derail the thread any further.

HOLA444

I am a strong believer in MPMGW, aka MrPin Made Global Warming.

The evidence is mounting up.

:blink:

My two cars barely count as ten litres between them! And I have a motorcyle! :blink:

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

When it can survive outside the some on its own?

A newborn can't though - it needs help for a considerable time (some would say at least 30 years and beyond when talking about BOMAD :P )

I always thought the modern definition was: inside the womb it's an embryo then foetus, outside a baby. Depends on your point of view though as an expecting couple would rather refer to a baby whereas an abortion clinic would prefer less emotive names.

HOLA448

A newborn can't though - it needs help for a considerable time (some would say at least 30 years and beyond when talking about BOMAD :P )

They do, but they'd last a good few hours unattended.

Maybe that's the test. Pop it out and come back after you've had your tea and if it's still breathing you get to take it home.

Warm room of course, I'm not a monster.

HOLA449

Archived