House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

happy_renting

Live Wind Map

So far the garden fence has fallen down as have two trees in our lane.

I'm nervously keeping an eye on a third, which, rather appropriately, is a spruce tree - about 50ft high - about ten feet from the house.

It doesn't look like it will fall, but if it does, thanks to the way it's rooted in the sloping embankment at the edge of the field on the other side of the lane, it will probably fall this way - it will more or less take out the roof and some of the upper floor of the building.

Not paranoid, but it is swaying a lot, and if it stays this windy tonight I think we'll be sleeping in the living room.

So far the garden fence has fallen down as have two trees in our lane.

I'm nervously keeping an eye on a third, which, rather appropriately, is a spruce tree - about 50ft high - about ten feet from the house.

It doesn't look like it will fall, but if it does, thanks to the way it's rooted in the sloping embankment at the edge of the field on the other side of the lane, it will probably fall this way - it will more or less take out the roof and some of the upper floor of the building.

Not paranoid, but it is swaying a lot, and if it stays this windy tonight I think we'll be sleeping in the living room.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I've lost a fence too - and it's all of 3 months old. The dead oak tree on the corner is likely to come down. A year of trying to get the council to render it safe culminated a couple if weeks ago when they agreed to take it down. They haven't done it yet though. Fortunately it'll miss my house when it falls.

Been checking back to this map since you first posted it and that big windy bit doesn't really appear to have moved.

Updated everywhere hours I think.

Planning to drive Bury to Cumbria tomorrow late morning.

What on Earth for? Is it some celestial punishment? :blink:

Guest eight

Can I just say that anybody who is troubled by windy weather should really, really not choose live in a creaky old end terrace with a big bay window in the bedroom.

That is all.