House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
macgomez

Sliding Scale

I have an Estate agent visiting me with a view to sell my house, initally he talked about 1% commision.

Now he's talking about a sliding scale.

Can anyone give me some tips about this and what to be wary off, if anything.

The property is in the Glasgow area.

Cheers

I have an Estate agent visiting me with a view to sell my house, initally he talked about 1% commision.

Now he's talking about a sliding scale.

Can anyone give me some tips about this and what to be wary off, if anything.

The property is in the Glasgow area.

Cheers

Can't speak in relation to the Scottish market i'm afraid. But 1% is about as low as a decent EA will go and there is always an argument that you get what you pay for. If you are looking for the lowest fee, normally that comes with a low level of service. Basically a sliding scale is the EA getting a bigger percentage the higher the offers they can get you. Make sure the level at which the highest fee is to be paid is an optimistic figure whilst still being realistic. Not sure if that's much help - let me know if you need more info!

Any ideas what to do til GP season starts again - caught the season review last night on eurosport!

Mildura