House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motch

Famous People Spotted Whilst Travelling

Whilst travelling in a car I've manged to see Ronnie Corbett and Nigel Benn the boxer (not in the same car :blink: )

What famous people have you stumbled across/seen whist travelling?

I've also seen one of the male characters from Hi-di-hi years ago on a train.

Are we looking for the most famous, or the most unlikely place to spot someone famous?

I think the latter would be the better of the two.

I'm more interested to see who the "Z-Listest" celeb is though.

Are we looking for the most famous, or the most unlikely place to spot someone famous?

It's as much the stumbling across them, and the realisation of who they are, possibly with some situation, mild road rage would be good :) or dodgy driving with the car side of things.

I smiled at Craig Charles outside the BBC building on Oxford road many years ago.

Fred the butcher in tescos in Manchester

The proclaimers at the bus station.

Noddy holder coming out of the loos in my home town.

The drummer from jethro Tull chatted to me in Bristol.

Erm probably loads more than I have been oblivious to.

Went to see Lion King when it first came out at the West End. Show had started and then there's a hullabaloo and our views obscured by Richard Branson and a number of people in tow as they settled noisily and slowly to their places. Then, at the interval, he jumped up and pushed in to be first in the queue for ice creams at the ice cream lady in the aisle. I thought he was going to buy the lot. What a c**t.

:D

Well I wasn't travelling, but they were....... back in the day I worked in a record shop in Heathrow airport (when record shops still existed). The following dropped in....

The Edge

Mick Hucknall

Damon Albarn

Helena Christensen

The Ramones

Michael Hutchence

Van Morrison

Stephen Hendry (tw*t)

Well I wasn't travelling, but they were....... back in the day I worked in a record shop in Heathrow airport (when record shops still existed). The following dropped in....

The Edge

Mick Hucknall

Damon Albarn

Helena Christensen

The Ramones

Michael Hutchence

Van Morrison

Stephen Hendry (tw*t)

I did see Ronnie O'sullivan recently whilst chatting in a group, didn't click to start with. I was going to try and chat to him but I didn't know what to say really.

From years of experience of shops and celebrities I'd say the vast majority want to be noticed. In fact, I'd say that for a lot of them that might be the sole purpose of a visit to the shops.

You can get into quite a protracted stand-off of them asking to look at more products hoping you'll recognise them - which I usually have but pretend not to. :lol:

Mick Jagger with two of his entourage walked past me near the lounges in Heathrow t5. I could have reached out. He was skinny and small and had a cheap looking baseball cap on. He was about 3 feet away. The people on my conference call got very excited.

I smiled at Craig Charles outside the BBC building on Oxford road many years ago.

Fred the butcher in tescos in Manchester

The proclaimers at the bus station.

Noddy holder coming out of the loos in my home town.

The drummer from jethro Tull chatted to me in Bristol.

Erm probably loads more than I have been oblivious to.

Stood at a bus stop in Edinburgh with one of them, just the two of us for a few minutes (they stand out with the glasses and the short hair) and all the way from the west end of Princes St to Leith EVERYBODY that got on the bus did a double take as he had to stand near the door on a busy bus :lol: At the bus stop I was going to say "Are you in the Proclaimers" and engage him in a conversation about music, but I thought the poor guy must be fed up hearing it and didn`t bother.

Other star spots - had an hour or so in the bar with Ian Maclagan from the Small Faces not long ago, just me, his bass player and my workmate who went to the gig with me, very down to earth for someone who has played with The Stones, Springsteen, Weller, The Faces etc etc

Sat next to the lead singer from Fine Young Cannibals in a café in London years ago.

Tons of non A listers around Edinburgh festival time in various streets/bars.

Ac/dc out the back of the Edinburgh playhouse early 80`s, they gave out autographs, Angus got a bit peed off with a guy who was querying the ticket price (£4.50 in those days!) and gave him a lecture on the costs of touring in Europe etc! Later as the roadies tried to load gear a typical "My needs are more important" Edinburgh neighbour who had a garage backing onto the loading bay demanded they move everything so he could get his car out while his son stood there trying to look hard with a pit bull! Eventually the roadies just stood there and did a collective Growl and the guy gave up.

Spotted Alan Bennett shopping in Sainsbury in north Leeds in an old ragged trench coat. I looked at him and he looked back at me scared as though I might speak to him. As I walked past he smiled at me because although he knew I knew who he was, I didn't approach him and intrude and he was a little bit grateful I think.

Reminded me of another one, lead singer from Del Amitri in a club in Glasgow, I looked at him, he looked back like "What" and my drunken brain though of going up and saying "Why are you trying to look like the guy from Del Amitri" then I realised it was him :lol:

Angus from ACDC in the Sheraton lift in Tacoma, Washington - he was all over some bird. George Hamilton walking up the pavement towards me and then past me on California St in San Francisco. Gloria Hunniford at my till when I worked in Boots in Brent Cross 25 yrs ago. Martin Gore in the Park Lane nightclub on the Avenue in Gothenburg about 20 years ago. I went over and had a chat. He seemed like a nice enough normal bloke and told me that he was touring with Depeche Mode and had just popped in to have a quiet drink by himself. Of course all the Swedish girls at the club started going mental when they realised who he was, which was nice.

Angus from ACDC in the Sheraton lift in Tacoma, Washington - he was all over some bird. George Hamilton walking up the pavement towards me and then past me on California St in San Francisco. Gloria Hunniford at my till when I worked in Boots in Brent Cross 25 yrs ago. Martin Gore in the Park Lane nightclub on the Avenue in Gothenburg about 20 years ago. I went over and had a chat. He seemed like a nice enough normal bloke and told me that he was touring with Depeche Mode and had just popped in to have a quiet drink by himself. Of course all the Swedish girls at the club started going mental when they realised who he was, which was nice.

Was he in "uniform"? Or was she :P

saw the actor who plays super hans in the tv show "peep show" at victoria station on thursday.

it was a surreal day.

half an hour earlier, i'd been walking past the apollo theatre in shaftesbury avenue just as the ceiling fell in.

couldn't understand why people were running out of the doors screaming.

talked to american couple who'd been inside. the chap looked like a coal miner.

on another occasion while waiting for my train to get a platform at victoria, i had david dimbleby next to me.

could have kicked him up the bum. didn't.

on another occasion while waiting for my train to get a platform at victoria, i had david dimbleby next to me.

could have kicked him up the bum. didn't.

At least you didn't save him from drowning - or is that David Frost?

Held the door open for some people in a London theatre and Sean Penn was one of the people who walked through. He was the only one who said thank you. Short in real life - shorter than me and I am 5 foot 8. He was in audience, took his seat with no fuss. Also saw Richard O'Brien in Centre Parcs which was less impressive.

Whilst traveling....

Roy Hudd on a tube train.

Roy Wood pulled up next to me in his Range Rover.

George Best (and Alex) sat at the next table to me in departures on an early morning flight from BHX. George was very beardy at the time and Alex was looking super hot! Only other people around were a rugby team who were drunkenly leering at Alex and obviously had no idea who the beardy guy was....

Plenty of others whilst not traveling, but the funniest (for me) was when I was living in Germany I flew home for Christmas in 2000 and was doing some last minute shopping in Solihull. It seemed every shop I went into some vaguely odd looking guy who looked strangely familiar would be stood next to me checking out similar gifts. Where had I seen this guy before? Then I remembered.... 2 nights previous on stage in Munich... It was Tony Iommi (Black Sabbath).

D'oh!

Going for completely cr*p, pointless and unimpressive

Jimmy Pursey, ex lead singer from Sham 69, while in Tesco's, he said "Scuse me love, where are the mens socks". I said "Over there, just past the jumpers"