House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kenclarkesshoes

Britain Is Building New Lng Terminals

http://www.ndtcabin.com/articles/oil/0504001.php

Further expansion of LNG terminals in both England and Wales has been announced this week, which will require the

construction of a further five LNG storage tanks.

National Grid Transco is to spend £355 million to triple the capacity of Isle of Grain Liquefied Natural Gas importation terminal

in Kent.

This second phase of development will increase the facility's capacity to import and process LNG from 3.3-mil mt per year to

9.8-mil mt/yr, representing around 12% of the UKs annual gas demand. CB&I John Brown has been awarded the EPC contract

to build three new LNG storage tanks and associated works. The project is scheduled to be completed in mid-2008.

It should be noted that as I type this the LNG plant at the Isle of Grain is sitting idle as no-one will export their LNG to us

http://news.ft.com/cms/s/70363622-5c0f-11d...00779e2340.html

Published: November 23 2005 11:12

Rising UK prices should now help attract LNG shipments to Britain, but the onset of winter in Japan raises the prospect that they could be lured to Asia instead.

LNG shipments bound for Britain have also been diverted to the US and Spain over the past six weeks, where they have been fetching a higher price – up to $14m more per cargo to the US compared to the UK.

As a result, Britain’s first LNG terminal has been mostly idle since it opened in June.

Iran has no plans to ship LNG to Europe until at least 2011

http://www.iranmania.com/News/ArticleView/...rrent%20Affairs

Iran is currently shipping LNG to India and soon China

LONDON, November 14 (IranMania) - Managing director of the National Iranian Gas Company, Rokneddin Javadi said that Iran has signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to export natural gas to Italy, MNA reported.

?The project of exporting LNG to Europe will be implemented by 2011,? he added.

The official also stated that Iran would export gas to China by the end of the current year. China?s oil giant Sinopec Group had signed a $70b oil field development and LNG agreement with Iran on October 28, 2004, MNA added.

Under the MOU, Sinopec could buy 250 mln tons of LNG over 30 years from Iran and develop the giant Yadavaran field.

Iran is going to attain annual LNG export of 36 mlon tons, worth $6 blns, by 2015, Javadi noted.

Methinks Iran will be sending its LNG to the UK a lot sooner than it expects.

My guess is that by 2007-2008 (when the new LNG terminals come online in the UK ) sanctions against Iran will be in place forcing it to send its LNG to the UK - and US - instead of India and China.

http://www.payvand.com/news/03/jul/1147.html

7/22/03

Iran a potential gas supplier to UK

The British government has included Iran as a potential gas supplier to the UK when the country becomes increasingly dependent upon imports over the next decade, IRNA reported from London.

It is anticipated that Britian's dependency on imported gas will rise to around 50 percent in 2010 and by as much as 80 percent in 2015 as current supplies from its sector in the North Sea dwindle.

"In the longer term, British suppliers may contract for pipeline gas from Russia, from other former Soviet Union countries, from Middle Eastern suppliers such as Iran, and from elsewhere," Energy Minister Stephen Timms said.

Iran has the second largest gas reserves in the world after Russia and it has often been suggested that its pipeline to Turkey has the potential of being expanded to provide supplies to Europe.

In a written reply to parliament, Timms said the government's energy white paper notes that the expansion of the liquefied natural gas market (LNG) would also add to diversity and security and provide competition to piped gas.

One active project being considered is to bring LNG from Qatar, which shares the giant South Pars field with Iran. The energy minister said LNG imports could come from a variety of Atlantic Basin or Middle East sources.

Currently, the UK already receives gas imports from Norway that are set to increase. A gas interconnector has also been proposed to enable gas supplies to be piped in from the Netherlands.

Such is the concern about the dwindling oil and gas supplies from Britain's offshore industry in the North Sea that the government has made the future security of energy supplies into a foreign policy priority.

The IAEA meet on thursday 24th November.

Iran has already imposed sanctions against South Korea and Britain, with diplomats reporting an "unwritten directive" in the commerce ministry that has halted the issuing of import permits for products from those countries.

But the regime had vowed to punish its trade partners if they voted for the resolution, which chastised Iran for being in "non-compliance" with the nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT).

It remains unclear why Iran appears to be only picking on South Korea and Britain, given that both are lose US allies are unlikely to change their stance on the nuclear issue. Some 20 other countries also backed the IAEA resolution.

Edited by kenclarkesshoes

There are quite a lot of countries exporting LNG around the world. When I was working in Oman my team discovered about 30 Tcf gas, of which the Saih Rawl field has been developed and is now exporting LNG from a dedicated terminal on the north Oman coast.

Nigeria has vast quantities of associated gas fed into its Bonny Island LNG plant.

My present company produces gas in Trinidad and sends it to the Atlantic LNG plant.

Australia has big LNG exports from the North West Shelf.

Qatar is developing its single gas field (North Field, world's largest single field with >1000 Tcf) with a series of LNG and other projects.

Google away and you'll find that vast amounts of gas around the world, previously 'stranded' by virtue of location, are now being developed as LNG.

We don't need Iran's gas yet.

There are quite a lot of countries exporting LNG around the world. When I was working in Oman my team discovered about 30 Tcf gas, of which the Saih Rawl field has been developed and is now exporting LNG from a dedicated terminal on the north Oman coast.

Nigeria has vast quantities of associated gas fed into its Bonny Island LNG plant.

My present company produces gas in Trinidad and sends it to the Atlantic LNG plant.

Australia has big LNG exports from the North West Shelf.

Qatar is developing its single gas field (North Field, world's largest single field with >1000 Tcf) with a series of LNG and other projects.

Google away and you'll find that vast amounts of gas around the world, previously 'stranded' by virtue of location, are now being developed as LNG.

We don't need Iran's gas yet.

Steven Timms the Energy Minister thought we did need Irans gas in 2003.

the Isle of Grain terminal is being enlarged even though it is sitting idle.

The UK are building two new LNG terminals at Milford Haven which will come online in 2007.

where is the LNG going to come from to fuel these terminals ?

I think it will come from Iran against its will.

where do you think it will come from ?

the capacity of these 3 LNG terminals will be huge (15-40 bcm/year . cf Norway pipelines which will provide 19-35 bcm/year ).

I think it will come from Iran against its will.

LOL. The entire might of the US military can't even control the road from the airport into Baghdad, and you think they're going to invade Iran and steal it's gas? Much of which, I believe, is already earmarked for China?

Edited by MarkG

..any chance you could find a bit more then...

UK Gas

...as this is becoming ridiculous... :blink:

..any chance you could find a bit more then...

UK Gas

...as this is becoming ridiculous... :blink:

Russia is also developing gas production like crazy....already most the gas in Eastern and central Europe comes from there!

LOL. The entire might of the US military can't even control the road from the airport into Baghdad, and you think they're going to invade Iran and steal it's gas? Much of which, I believe, is already earmarked for China?

no they wont invade. they will probably bomb it (did you notice that they have Iran flanked on both sides).

read my post above,

i said sanctions will be used to ensure the LNG headed for China and India will come to the west.

thats what they will try to do anyway,.

i said sanctions will be used to ensure the LNG headed for China and India will come to the west.

How? And why would the country that keeps America afloat allow Bush to steal the gas that it needs for its own use?

How? And why would the country that keeps America afloat allow Bush to steal the gas that it needs for its own use?

how China reacts is the most crucial question of the century.

we are looking at potential for global conflict . the conflict may be military or it may be purely economic. it wont be pretty,

a lot more innocents will die.

how will they do it ?

the same way they did it with Iraq, an oil/gas-for-food deal,

starving millions of people for their raw materials. They will starve so you can keep warm.