House Price Crash Forum

America's 'virgin Births'? One In 200 Mothers 'became Pregnant Without Having Sex'

interestrateripoff

HOLA441

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/americas-virgin-births-one-in-200-mothers-became-pregnant-without-having-sex-9012360.html

The results of a long-term study of reproductive health, published in the British Medical Journal, have revealed that one in two hundred US women claim to have given birth without ever having had sexual intercourse.

The findings were based on a study of 7,870 women and girls aged 15 to 28, as part of the National Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Health, which ran from 1995 to 2009.

The Christmas issue of the BMJ reports that, of the women who took part in the study, 45 (0.5%) reported at least one virgin pregnancy, "unrelated to the use of assisted reproductive technology."

In short, they claimed to have conceived - yet had not had vaginal intercourse or in-vitro fertilisation (IVF).

They found that the girls who had become pregnant, despite claiming they had never had sex at the time of conception, shared some common characteristics.

Thirty-one per cent of the girls had signed a so-called 'chastity pledge', whereby they vow - usually for religious reasons - not to have sex. Fifteen per cent of non-virgins who became pregnant also said they had signed such pledges.

About 28 per cent of the "virgin" mothers' parents (who were also interviewed) indicated they didn't have enough knowledge to discuss sex and contraception with their daughters, compared to 5 percent of the parents of girls who became pregnant and said they had had intercourse.

The authors of the study, entitled "Like a virgin (mother)", - say that such scientifically impossible claims show researchers must take care in interpreting self-reported behavior. Fallible memory, beliefs and wishes can cause people to err in what they tell scientists.

Whilst you can get pregnant without penetration I'm guessing lots of girls here are being slightly ambiguous with the truth.

HOLA442

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/americas-virgin-births-one-in-200-mothers-became-pregnant-without-having-sex-9012360.html

Whilst you can get pregnant without penetration I'm guessing lots of girls here are being slightly ambiguous with the truth.

Unless humans are evolving parthenogenesis as the first step to doing without men? :lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Slow-witted chastity-pledge signing teens from Hicksville making last resort attempts to persuade God-fearing parents that they didn't let Duane from the neighbouring farm have his wicked way with her in the hay barn, but in actual fact it is probably the 2nd coming :D

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

They're not denying having been near a bloke and his pen*s?

They're claiming to be virgins.... and pregnant.

The article explains this apparent contradiction principally in terms of religious beliefs and lack of sexual education.

Edit to add: I think it's pretty much common knowledge that a not insignificant number of teens who take these chastity pledges get up to pretty much everything bar vaginal intercourse, because, of course, those other things don't count! ;)

HOLA4410

I once heard that ovarian cysts are sometimes a result of human parthenogenesis; they don't form viable embryos.

May be complete nonsense though.

Could they get themselves pregnant via some weird kind of chimerial-type self fertilisation process? I read somewhere of a mother who according to DNA testing, wasn't the mother of her children. She was on the verge of having her children removed from her custody and was in fact in police custody whilst giving birth to her latest child. They then DNA tested that child and it also was not related to her. Clearly this was wrong and they did further research and discovered that actually she had the DNA of two different people and depending on which sample was used for testing, a different DNA would show up. The assumption is that this is some kind of absorbed twin thing. Weird.

HOLA4411

Could they get themselves pregnant via some weird kind of chimerial-type self fertilisation process? I read somewhere of a mother who according to DNA testing, wasn't the mother of her children. She was on the verge of having her children removed from her custody and was in fact in police custody whilst giving birth to her latest child. They then DNA tested that child and it also was not related to her. Clearly this was wrong and they did further research and discovered that actually she had the DNA of two different people and depending on which sample was used for testing, a different DNA would show up. The assumption is that this is some kind of absorbed twin thing. Weird.

Did you read that, or did you fall asleep watching the X Files? ;)

HOLA4412

They're claiming to be virgins.... and pregnant.

The article explains this apparent contradiction principally in terms of religious beliefs and lack of sexual education.

Edit to add: I think it's pretty much common knowledge that a not insignificant number of teens who take these chastity pledges get up to pretty much everything bar vaginal intercourse, because, of course, those other things don't count! ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CTw8Bcag-kU&list=PLF8BF5B188E05EBE8&index=3

Enjoy....

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Enjoy....

I've heard several stories in the past about similar god fearing girls persevering their virginity but just doing everything else. You can't put it there but please put it in my mouth because then I'm not a slut type mentality.

I'm sure God looks down really impressed that your not sharing your vagina until your married.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Actually parthenogenesis, perhaps?

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Perhaps like the most primitive tribes didn't know that babies came from having sex, these girls had no idea that what they were doing was actually sexual intercourse and could lead to babies?

I am currently reading something about Irish women emigrating to the UK (1929-1960). The chapter on relationships is interesting. Many of them hadn't got a clue where babies came from.

HOLA4424

I am currently reading something about Irish women emigrating to the UK (1929-1960). The chapter on relationships is interesting. Many of them hadn't got a clue where babies came from.

Good old RC church fosters ignorance everywhere.

HOLA4425

Archived