House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Hectors House

A Recovery For All: My Long-Term Plan - Cameron

Today I am visiting the North West and North East with a clear message: as our economy turns a corner, our whole country must share in the rewards. This goes right to the heart of my long-term plan for Britain – building a sustainable, resilient economy in which everyone can play their part.

There have been lots of encouraging signs recently that Britain is moving again. The economy is growing. The deficit is falling. In the past 3 years, over a million people have got back into work. This is real progress.

But I am also aware of the lessons from history. In previous recoveries, the rewards have not been evenly felt across the country. In the past governments have been far too focused on London and the South East and too reliant on banking – too much talent and potential in this country was wasted and ignored.

I’m determined that it’s going to be different this time. I want our great Northern towns and cities to be right at the heart of this recovery.

There are a number of things we’ve got do to fire up the economy here but none more important than sorting out the infrastructure. Infrastructure is always a bit of a jargon-heavy word but it’s very simple – building roads, railways, bridges and so on that allow this area to compete. Put simply, if it’s easier to get from A to B then companies are more likely to set up shop here, tourists and shoppers are more likely to come here – and there will be more jobs to go round for everyone.

So last week in the Autumn Statement we promised a big boost for infrastructure across Britain. Of course, better infrastructure isn’t the only thing we need to be a success in the years ahead. People need lower taxes – that’s why we’re raising the personal allowance again next April, meaning that you won’t pay any tax on the first £10,000 you earn. You need the government to reward work and aspiration – and that’s why we’ve capped benefits, meaning that no family out of work can take home more in welfare than the average working family earns. You need more small firms starting up, taking people on – half a million new businesses were set up last year alone. Step by step, inch by inch, we are fighting for a recovery for all.

So today’s a good day for our Northern towns and cities but let’s not be complacent. There’s still a long way to go in turning the economy around and I know how tough life still is for many families. But of this you can be sure – this government is committed to seeing through our long term plan for the country. Today’s announcements on City Deals for Hull and Humber and the Tees Valley and road and rail projects show we’re serious and now we’re going to press ahead and finish the job we started.

http://www.linkedin.com/today/post/article/20131213154812-146036479-a-recovery-for-all-my-long-term-plan?goback=.nmp_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1_*1&trk=NUS_UNIU_PEOPLE_FOLLOW-megaphone-fllw

As the giant teddy bear said in a episode of Supernatural (tv series) " can you believe this S***?!

Today I am visiting the North West and North East with a clear message: as our economy turns a corner, our whole country must share in the rewards. This goes right to the heart of my long-term plan for Britain – building a sustainable, resilient economy in which everyone can play their part.

Glibness of the highest order.

Glibness of mass destruction.

Edited by billybong

But I am also aware of the lessons from history. In previous recoveries, the rewards have not been evenly felt across the country. In the past governments have been far too focused on London and the South East and too reliant on banking – too much talent and potential in this country was wasted and ignored.

I’m determined that it’s going to be different this time. I want our great Northern towns and cities to be right at the heart of this recovery.

Shamefully glib.

It must have been extracted from one of Cameron's speeches just before the 2010 general election.

It sounds as if he isn't happy that some properties in "Northern towns and cities" haven't experienced the microwaving yet in time for the eu and general elections.

Edited by billybong

Infrastructure is a great Government tool to manipulate a feel good factor in the middle class ranks. When the bank crisis hit I was almost unemployable. Infrastructure and bridge projects were shutdown. Engineers flooded into Australia and New Zealand. Engineering firms collapsed. Then the Government bought out Mouchel with their zombie banks. Mouchel is a viable business again because the public purse tap has been turned back on, woohoo party time.

Firms are bursting at the seams with work. The roads are so mashed up they are costing multiples more to repair than if they had kept any form of real maintenance up.

Just in time for an election….

Wage deflation and more debt for the masses. What could go wrong with that ? It really is economic suicide to drop wages at a time of increasing debt. These people are serial loons who's hatred of anyone earning less than 100k is getting in the way of common sense. They MUST get wages rising or its game over for the banks. In real terms, the majority of people are facing their debts increasing as a proportion of their earnings. These fecking idiots can't seem to realise that the majority of people who are struggling ARE in work, and working bloody hard too (unlike the twats in the House of Lords who get £300 for a couple of minutes clocking in).

Maybe he's been watching the Hunger Games and imagining himself as the elite dictator where every other sector is starved and torched except that of the capital, which is stuffed full of a rich elite class. The start of that film was a pretty good parody of Tory Britain if the present trends were continued.

I thought his long term plan was to say whatever it takes to get reelected and then cut the 45% tax rate.

Oh, and play at 'world statesman', and make sure that the already wealthy get to stay that way.

I thought his long term plan was to say whatever it takes to get reelected and then cut the 45% tax rate.

Oh, and play at 'world statesman', and make sure that the already wealthy get to stay that way.

Not so much a plan, more a pipe-dream.

As the giant teddy bear said in a episode of Supernatural (tv series) " can you believe this S***?!

Well, he's certainly making it unaffordable for anyone to live in the SE. That should eventually force companies to relocate northwards (or abroad).

Perhaps that's what he meant by creating growth in northern towns and cities?

I really can't stand this Blairite way of speaking that so many politicians use these days. It is like a cross between an American Evangelist and a used car salesman. Totally insincere.

He sounds detached. On another planet. Not once, as long as the coalition has been in power, has earnings growth exceeded inflation. Thats a shameful record, even compared to Brown.

that's because he is.

read up clan cameron in the jacobite uprising.they haven't given up at all.

him blair etc are all in the same boat.

ie stitch up the british/yanks with a nice smiley face for their boss.

the only one even remotely telling the truth( and still has a spine) is farage.

as to the pantomime "showdown" between the present US establishment and te EU, that's exactly what it is.Pantmime.

worth remembering that Barroso is an alumni of georgetown university....that be run by the jesuits

....and they HAVE declared war on us.

(should mention here this is not against common or garden RC who devoutly go to mass on weds/sunday.....this is about the INSTITUTION and it's present power-grab)

and van rompoy,blair et all are educated in the same schools....

if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck

seeing as they like playing scriptue with us, I hope they like this one.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&frm=1&source=video&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CDgQtwIwAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DHCm6gRHINqA&ei=tOexUr6tGMKX4wSbuYAI&usg=AFQjCNEiyjGTHAC4NBSPJ8xXbJvyVWrTJA

I’m determined that it’s going to be different this time

That must mean change we can believe in

or

Change that works for you

or

Change we need

or

Vote for change

or

Together - let's be the change

or

Time for change

or

The change

or just

Change

It must have clicked with him that people are bored with the "change" lies. He can keep the change.

It's clicked that people want something different so they'll have spent a fortune (it'll be taxpayers' money - it's free) coming up with "it's going to be different this time" :lol::lol:

Well at least UKIP has the word independence in its name. That's different - and it's not Conservative, Labour or LibDem with their repetitive oneness.

Edited by billybong

That must mean change we can believe in

or

Change that works for you

or

Change we need

or

Vote for change

or

Together - let's be the change

or

Time for change

or

The change

or just

Change

It must have clicked with him that people are bored with the "change" lies. He can keep the change.

It's clicked that people want something different so they'll have spent a fortune (it'll be taxpayers' money - it's free) coming up with "it's going to be different this time" :lol::lol:

Well at least UKIP has the word independence in its name. That's different - and it's not Conservative, Labour or LibDem with their repetitive oneness.

"Don't suppose you could spare some change?"

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/iain-duncan-smith-leaves-commons-debate-on-food-banks-early-9013917.html

Apparently part of this spectacular recovery is the rise in people fighting for cut price food and using food banks. Which is something to be laughed at, if you could be bothered to sit through the debate (which Ian Duncan Smith couldn't). Tory MP's seemed to find it funny that people were short of food.

My wife works as a director of a food bank and half the people coming through the doors are IN WORK. They have no food and no money. I can assure Ms McVay I don't feel glad that food banks are on the increase. I'd rather see people like Ms McVay thrown out of parliament.

Some bloody recovery. Rising debt and falling wages is going to lead to financial Armageddon, not recovery.