House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
pdg

Uk Firms: Redundancies Loom

http://www.peoplemanagement.co.uk/pm/artic...es&type=section

The trend is turning. Highest reported figure for companies planning on reducing headcount. For those keen on short-sightedness you can still say more companies are planning on taking people on but I repeat the trend is reversing.

And this is People Management, the voice of authority in HR trade magazine market.

When you say HR do you mean 'Personnel' ?

Dont usually go a bundle on these "redundancies looming " threads but if HR people are being released then I feel that this could only benefit the economy greatly.

Dont usually go a bundle on these "redundancies looming " threads but if HR people are being released then I feel that this could only benefit the economy greatly.

I always thought 'Personnel' was the American term for HR? With a name like Twopey are you not an HR professional anyway!!!

Correct me if I am wrong but was'nt the article talking in relation the redundancies in the general employment sense that the HR people will have to process?

I was just reporting a change in sentiment however not making a grand point.

'Human Resources' people losing their jobs. Methinks a case of biter, bit.

I won't be shedding too many tears over their impending redundancy.

"With a name like Twopey are you not an HR professional anyway!!!"

LOL , no chance- rather admit to working at McDs and being unable to gain my gold star due to incompetence.

"HR" & "Professional" - Oxymoron anyone ?

"With a name like Twopey are you not an HR professional anyway!!!"

LOL , no chance- rather admit to working at McDs and being unable to gain my gold star due to incompetence.

"HR" & "Professional" - Oxymoron anyone ?

Watch yourself sunshine B) my wife is a head office HR Manager for a high street retailer! Part lawyer, part economist, part social worker, part diplomat, its a hellish job which is never ending grief. I cant wait till she goes on maternity leave so she can pack it in and never go back.

Watch yourself sunshine B) my wife is a head office HR Manager for a high street retailer! Part lawyer, part economist, part social worker, part diplomat, its a hellish job which is never ending grief. I cant wait till she goes on maternity leave so she can pack it in and never go back.

why are HR people always female and complete and utter control-freak bitches ??

imho

More than one in five employers planning redundancies this winter

Nice to see some people are starting to realise that when a housing boom ends, unemployment goes up.

So much for the "low unemployment = high house prices" argument.

I can certainly echo this. My job takes me around some large players in industry, particularly the food and drink manufacturers. There has been a general BIG freeze on any capital expenditure this year with many plans to reduce head counts substantially in the new year. (Isn't that considerate though? Waiting until after Xmas! :angry: )

Many of my clients, project managers, cost-reduction managers and Co. Directors are forecasting tough times next year. The strange thing is that as well as blaming increases in raw material and energy costs, many of them seem unable to put a finger on EXACTLY why they suspect tough times ahead - I keep hearing that "things just don't seem right" :unsure: