House Price Crash Forum
The Masked Tulip

What Has The Poster Rk Have Against The Masked Tulip?

I am fed up with this lurking on the Financial Forum, where most HPCers do not go, so I have decided to post this in the main forum so that all can see this 'in the light' and perhaps someone can answer my questions.

If I post on the If Anyone's Interested thread I tend to get, IMPO, curt/dismissive comments from the poster 'RK' about what I have posted.

It seems that it is me and me alone who gets targeted for such attention. I would like to know why.

I get the distinct impression that 'RK' is trying to drive me away from that particular thread. I notice he is not rude to me in the main forum but only in the above thread.

Perhaps RK wants to drive me away from HPC?

I would like to know why he has seemingly targeted me out for such personal attention?

I naively believe that Housepricecrash is a site visited by people with the same hopes and aims. I try not to rubbish or belittle others on here either in the main forum or in the sub-forums.

I do not claim to be a financial genius or expert, (If people are such financial gurus why are they on here - why aren't they super rich and mortgage-free owners of numerous properties?), but someone who is happy to discuss, learn and debate the global financial situation. Most of the people who post knowledgeable financial posts on here are clearly happy to do so and are mostly supportive of others who ask questions - many of us have learnt a great deal as a result.

I only wanted to buy a s*dding house but, like most of us, I have had to have a crash course in things financial and keep myself abreast of things that I would otherwise have no time for or interest in.

I have no problem in healthy debate but this is, to my mind, obviously personal. Incredible isn't it - to be targeted by someone on an online forum? How bizarre!

I have said my say and will not respond or comment on this thread further. I am also going to stop posting on HPC this side of Christmas and am considering asking the Moderators to delete/remove all my posts.

I enjoy posting here, and believe that I make a good contribution, but enough is enough.

Have you shagged his missus perhaps, maybe you ran over his dog?

I had similar irritation from 'HPC convert' a few years ago, I put him on ignore, problem solved.

Anyone with their own quotes (many of them!) in their own sig is to be laughed at then ignored. Solved !

Nadgers I've done that :-(

What happens if I put myself on ignore then?

Nadgers I've done that :-(

What happens if I put myself on ignore then?

You disappear up your own a$$ and create a blackhole

"Im brilliant me" - the great and wise cybernoid

Not going to read the thread in question, but I've had loads of robust disagreements with RK. (Last one below, back in May.... and to answer it, I'm not viewing houses when they're so utterly stupidly expensive.) :lol:

RK and I have got very different views on what is value with housing in a certain area of UK / political views / football ect. I give him leeway because I think he's a bit of a senior, and my experience is defensive when he thinks he's absolutely in the right. It's all fun and I roll with it.

Next day/week he comes back and is quite ok with me in future, answers questions, and posts useful updates/market info. He's also very good with math stuff, and he was warning people against getting into gold when it was 20%-30% more expensive than today.

I deal in realities matey.

F*ck knows what planet you're living on.

Planet 'never viewed a house but I'll make stuff up just for the sake of it' one imagines.

This is drivel. Pull up an age distribution chart. There's virtually nobody left alive after about 80, then 85, then 90.

But don't let that stop you posting complete nonsense.

I naively believe that Housepricecrash is a site visited by people with the same hopes and aims.

That is perhaps a bit naive. There are quite a few of what I call VIkings on the forum who stir things up, who don't want house prices to become affordable - and I believe that's what you would like to see. Anyway you can't go as you make too many good posts, including EA dealings - and raise loads of interesting subjects for discussion, and HPC forum member since 2004. Enjoy Christmas TMT... I think we're all winding down for peaceful Christmas, hoping for some forces of HPC to come in 2014 (except the VIkings).

I had no idea that forum even existed. Leave it alone TMT, you're much too good for it. Stick to Off Topic where the real work gets done.

...I have said my say and will not respond or comment on this thread further. I am also going to stop posting on HPC this side of Christmas and am considering asking the Moderators to delete/remove all my posts.

Come on, that's not right. Everyone relax, it's only an internet forum.

I'd miss your posts - especially on human relationships - immensely, TMT so don't go.

HPC is a very wide church - although perhaps not quite as wide as is used to be (Bruno, TimeToRaiseTheRents, DrBubb, Colnago(sp?) - all gone but not forgotten). We all have our buttons - and there's a very good chance you'll come across a poster on here who'll happily push them all day long. Some threads are just not worth engaging with as a result. There are some very vocal, and worst, very wrong headed or deliberately contrarian posters here. Still, it would be boring if we indulged in groupthink.

The one thing that seems to define HPC is that it's a collection of slightly grumpy vaguely middle aged (in attitude if not age) men - although even that's not completely true as there are some rather smart and grounded women here too.

The moderating team has moved this thread which could become very personal and lead to bad feeling.

This problem should have been raised with the moderating team and could have been discussed with both parties without people taking sides.

We hope that posters can take a short break to think about actions to take rather than delete their accounts and then regret it.

A step back and the use of the ignore button is often enough to get rid of a poster who is annoying or avoid the thread altogether and start one of your own.

I am fed up with this lurking on the Financial Forum, where most HPCers do not go, so I have decided to post this in the main forum so that all can see this 'in the light' and perhaps someone can answer my questions.

If I post on the If Anyone's Interested thread I tend to get, IMPO, curt/dismissive comments from the poster 'RK' about what I have posted.

It seems that it is me and me alone who gets targeted for such attention. I would like to know why.

I get the distinct impression that 'RK' is trying to drive me away from that particular thread. I notice he is not rude to me in the main forum but only in the above thread.

I would like to know why he has seemingly targeted me out for such personal attention?

I naively believe that Housepricecrash is a site visited by people with the same hopes and aims. I try not to rubbish or belittle others on here either in the main forum or in the sub-forums.

I do not claim to be a financial genius or expert, (If people are such financial gurus why are they on here - why aren't they super rich and mortgage-free owners of numerous properties?), but someone who is happy to discuss, learn and debate the global financial situation. Most of the people who post knowledgeable financial posts on here are clearly happy to do so and are mostly supportive of others who ask questions - many of us have learnt a great deal as a result.

I only wanted to buy a s*dding house but, like most of us, I have had to have a crash course in things financial and keep myself abreast of things that I would otherwise have no time for or interest in.

I have no problem in healthy debate but this is, to my mind, obviously personal. Incredible isn't it - to be targeted by someone on an online forum? How bizarre!

I have said my say and will not respond or comment on this thread further. I am also going to stop posting on HPC this side of Christmas and am considering asking the Moderators to delete/remove all my posts.

I enjoy posting here, and believe that I make a good contribution, but enough is enough.

Wouldn't worry about it TMT. You're liked by loads of people here, me included!

Guest eight

I know what you mean. The **** is exactly the same with me. Wait til you meet his sidekick Scepticus. They just try and make you feel as small as possible. I retaliate by trying to appear enigmatic. Never works. ;)

EDIT: Don't go TMT.

Whoa, now you're talking. That guy is a prize **** of the first order. I would have thought it impossible to be that supercilious and condescending via the written medium if I hadn't seen his posts with my own eyes.

Hey TMT

I like your posts. Often you bring humanity into what is otherwise a factual post or topic. That is good and much called for IMO. You have a knack of cutting through the c**p and bringing things to real world understanding by explaining the affect that an action, policy or situation has on people, often from a psychological perspective.

I have experienced some of what you are feeling bad about. In my case there was more than 1 person involved and I could feel, almost hear the sneering and baying when I posted. Like you I felt that I was being steered off the forum, however, I wouldn't let anyone bully me in real life so am sure as hell not going to let it happen online by faceless self righteous cowards. It does feel bad though, I understand that but hold your ground TMT - this is a public forum and your opinion is as valuable as anybody else's is. And you and your posts would be missed...

In my experience he is abrasive to pretty much anyone he disagrees with. He does get back a lot of what he dishes out. I remember him being particularly villified on the gold thread. I have noticed he can be savage to you but I think that might be amplified by that thread which has few posters.