House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Battenberg

Why Am I Getting This Message

The upload failed - there was a problem moving the avatar to the uploads directory. Please verify permissions are set correctly on the uploads folder.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

The upload failed - there was a problem moving the avatar to the uploads directory. Please verify permissions are set correctly on the uploads folder.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong. Any suggestions?

How big is the file?

I've seen this too. I don't think you're doing anything wrong, rather, it looks like the folder in which the uploaded images live needs write/modify permission for the images to be saved into it and it doesn't have that set, so the server (OS) rejects the file.

Thanks. I've just read somebody elses thread and it would appear to be a site problem.

I've now lost my avatar and can't add in my holly covered battenberg cake.

Thanks. I've just read somebody elses thread and it would appear to be a site problem.

I've now lost my avatar and can't add in my holly covered battenberg cake.

Please put your cake avatar back! :blink:

On other forums over the last few months there have been several upload problems, first the ability to upload files was lost, and then when you could do it they were unviewable.

Ssounds like it's gone on here if you can't even upload a new avatar but as a test I've tried an upload on this post. It's from a TV licence thread if anybody's interested (and can see it!), this was an inspector whose name was on a snotty letter to somebody here.

Edit: received the following message on attaching the file: Error The server returned an error during upload

So it is a general problem, and I have reported this thread to get it logged.

Please put your cake avatar back! :blink:

I'd photoshopped some holly on to it and now I can't upload it either with or without festive greenery.

I'm almost as slow to catch on as Mr Pin! :(

Strangeley I spotted Battenberg, as a woman thing! ;)

1387560594[/url]' post='1102436362']

Strangeley I spotted Battenberg, as a woman thing! ;)

What's going on now? I'm not quoting members, I'm quoting numbers now. I did type google into Google yesterday. Have I broken the internet?

What's going on now? I'm not quoting members, I'm quoting numbers now. I did type google into Google yesterday. Have I broken the internet?

I find it very difficult to "detect" women, behind an anonymous avatar! The words are the same, the thoughts too! We are not so different, except you can show me your tits :blink:

Well partly, you've just found out 1387560594's real name. He just happens to be known as Mr Pin here.

1387878319[/url]' post='1102438032']

I find it very difficult to "detect" women, behind an anonymous avatar! The words are the same, the thoughts too! We are not so different, except you can show me your tits :blink:

You're a smooth talker Mr Pin.

You're a smooth talker Mr Pin.

I'm rather practical! :blink: I can't imagine I'm much worser than you think, for I am a bit of a joker, not to be taken seriously! :blink: