House Price Crash Forum

European Union Migrant Cap Plan Illegal,

awaytogo

HOLA441

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25398612

The changes would mean professionals and highly skilled migrants from wealthy countries such as Germany, Austria or the [/b]Netherlands could move to the UK only if they had a job offer and lower-skilled workers would be allowed to settle only if they were employed in posts where there was an identified shortage.

Don,t know if it is illegible or not but sound like something we should have done a long time ago for all immigration, We have no shortage of unskilled workers in this country , just an abundance of people who would rather claim benefits than work.

HOLA442
HOLA443

France is having the same debate at the moment.

Some politicians in the mainstream parties are talking of repatriating 80% of powers currently with Brussels.

Michel Sapin, the employment minister, was in Brussels himself last week arguing that the rules that let a worker be expatriated from his home country for up to 24 months should be suspended. In his target: the Polish Plumber, the Romanian Roofer and the British Ski Resort Rep. He argues that should be employed on French contracts and that the system is being abused. Britain voted against any further controls on the 9th of December.

The Leonarda case is still being talked about. A family who, according to the French media, cherry picked France as the country with the best benefits system in Europe then systematically abused and cheated their way to a range of benefits over 4 years before finally being booted out by the courts.

Of course it is already the case that unless you have the means to support yourself the right to move to another country to look for work, as opposed to take up a job offer, is supposed to be limited.

Edited by davidg

HOLA444

Is this all just a plot to get the Lib Dems to commit electoral suicide (again, if that's possible). Clegg and Cable are both married to immigrants, and would never in a million years admit that immigration can be a bad thing. They're completely out of step with economic and political reality.

HOLA445

Is this all just a plot to get the Lib Dems to commit electoral suicide (again, if that's possible). Clegg and Cable are both married to immigrants, and would never in a million years admit that immigration can be a bad thing. They're completely out of step with economic and political reality.

Are you saying a politician would consider their own circumstances before the 60 million people they represent ?

Well, I never, How cynical are you. :rolleyes:

HOLA446
HOLA447

Whats wrong with migration within Europe anyway? If someone wants to move from X to Y to better themselves then let them.

The restrictive planning policy and deliberate house price inflation at all costs is another albeit linked story.

Dont understand this logic <_< , If people from several poor countries move to a more well off country in great numbers what is the end result.

Edited by awaytogo

HOLA448
HOLA449

OK, I am living in Ireland (a different country). I have just been made redundant after 18 months. should I be handcuffed and shipped back to the UK? If I am shipped back to the UK could I claim benefits there or should I have to beg on the streets for two years?

The UK is part of the EU like it or not, you can't pick or choose what and who you like from it. Someone made the decision to enter the EU and i'm sure the UK did well out of it at one point - now things aren't going so well people want to pick and choose parts of it.

Either bugger off out and lose your subsidized food imports OR

Stop whinging.

either ways more houses need to be built.

And if the UK does opt out, are all those Spanish pensioners needed to relocate back to the UK and all the settled Europeans need to move back to their own countries?

Oh, I see it's fine for UK pensioners to migrate and cause a drain on other countries.... :lol:

HOLA4410

Dont understand this logic <_< , If people from several poor countries move to a more well off country in great numbers what is the end result.

So you also support restrictions on free movement within countries and counties? If you're born in a poor village, you should not have the right to move to a better local town in search of better opportunities?

HOLA4411

So you also support restrictions on free movement within countries and counties? If you're born in a poor village, you should not have the right to move to a better local town in search of better opportunities?

:lol::lol:

It's just another form of:

NIMBYism - You cant build near me.,

COUNTRYism.. You cant live in my country/village/town.

Edited by Gone to Ireland.

HOLA4412

It's funny how those who claim to be against big government are often so keen to have governments dictate where they are allowed to live.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

OK, I am living in Ireland (a different country). I have just been made redundant after 18 months. should I be handcuffed and shipped back to the UK? If I am shipped back to the UK could I claim benefits there or should I have to beg on the streets for two years?

The UK is part of the EU like it or not, you can't pick or choose what and who you like from it. Someone made the decision to enter the EU and i'm sure the UK did well out of it at one point - now things aren't going so well people want to pick and choose parts of it.

Either bugger off out and lose your subsidized food imports OR

Stop whinging.

If you're talking about CAP, it actually artificially increase the price of food when the market price falls below a centrally planned level. CAP swallows almost half the EU budget and should be abolished. The beeb is always pro-EU, and here's a recent article from them on CAP.

In negotiations on the creation of a Common Market, France insisted on a system of agricultural subsidies as its price for agreeing to free trade in industrial goods.

The CAP began operating in 1962, with the Community intervening to buy farm output when the market price fell below an agreed target level.

This helped reduce Europe's reliance on imported food but led before long to over-production, and the creation of "mountains" and "lakes" of surplus food and drink.

The Community also taxed imports and, from the 1970s onward, subsidised agricultural exports. These policies have been damaging for foreign farmers, and made Europe's food prices some of the highest in the world.

either ways more houses need to be built.

And if the UK does opt out, are all those Spanish pensioners needed to relocate back to the UK and all the settled Europeans need to move back to their own countries?

Oh, I see it's fine for UK pensioners to migrate and cause a drain on other countries.... :lol:

Doesn't the UK still pay pensions to overseas pensioners?

HOLA4417

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-25398612

The changes would mean professionals and highly skilled migrants from wealthy countries such as Germany, Austria or the [/b]Netherlands could move to the UK only if they had a job offer and lower-skilled workers would be allowed to settle only if they were employed in posts where there was an identified shortage.

Because there so many Germans, Austrians and Dutch moving to the UK.......oh hang on

HOLA4418

If you're talking about CAP, it actually artificially increase the price of food when the market price falls below a centrally planned level. CAP swallows almost half the EU budget and should be abolished. The beeb is always pro-EU, and here's a recent article from them on CAP.

Doesn't the UK still pay pensions to overseas pensioners?

yes I was going to point this out. I don't mind immigrants coming over here if they receive their benefits from their country of origin.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Equilibriium.

We can import cheap workers or export jobs to some degree.

But it isn't that simple and immigration in the current system does cause problems for lots of people over here, with great benefits for others.

As a UK citizen who is resident in the UK that doesn't have a freehold tenancy I am forced to compete with others who are also of lower class for artificially scarce things that are necessary for life, such as housing and employment. Because of artificial scarcity of employment and housing, it is the case that immigrants who come here, do effectively take 'our' jobs and 'our' housing.

If all citizens had access to land for employment and housing purposes and the freedom to use it for employment and housing, immigration would not be a problem.

In order to increase my access to employment, to gain higher wages, or to increase my access to housing and for it to be more affordable, then I need either a change in the law concerning land and property, or a change in the population.

I would much rather it were the case that citizens had rights to grow food, build housing, factories etc. enshrined in law. But we do not, so we are forced to fight among ourselves to secure, food, housing, goods etc.

So for a better life, perhaps one must look forwards to the natural demographic change that will soon be upon us. Perhaps we should even do what is in our power to change the population to better our wages and standard of housing, even if it is wrong.

The elderly are going to retire/die at some point, and there will be more dying than reaching adulthood in the not too distant future, this will increase wages and housing standards of the remaining population assuming that there is no net immigration and that the housing stock remains constant (although the state will probably demolish housing to ensure high prices and artificial scarcity in housing remains).

If the elders don't let the young and immigrants build or work, perhaps the young and the new to the country should speed up the decline in the elderly population.

If immigrants do place pressure upon artificially scarce housing and employment, perhaps we should get rid of them, via deportation or execution.

Whilst it would be totally wrong to kill elderly people and immigrants to boost the quality of life of young British born individuals, it seems to be an increasingly attractive solution to the artificial scarcity of housing and employment. It wouldn't solve the underlying problem though.

HOLA4421

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-25398612

Don,t know if it is illegible or not but sound like something we should have done a long time ago for all immigration, We have no shortage of unskilled workers in this country , just an abundance of people who would rather claim benefits than work.

It is time to send these lazy Brits back home. Only skill they have is to teach English. They are taking English teaching jobs from our people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_diaspora

Spain 761,000

Ireland 291,000

France 200,000

Germany 115,000

Cyprus 59,000

HOLA4422

It is time to send these lazy Brits back home. Only skill they have is to teach English. They are taking English teaching jobs from our people:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/British_diaspora

Spain 761,000

Ireland 291,000

France 200,000

Germany 115,000

Cyprus 59,000

And i bet they are all claiming benefits and tax credits,Free medical cover, like they would get if living in the UK.

Edited by awaytogo