House Price Crash Forum
ryanjw

Is This Site Genuine?

Ive just found this site and find it hard to believe. I was told that house prices never go down and have now had to rethink my purchase.

I live in Warrington, Northwest England and prices are a joke at moment.

Ive just found this site and find it hard to believe. I was told that house prices never go down and have now had to rethink my purchase.

Just stay out of the market. It will be a bloodbath.

Yes genuine, review the data provided by morgage providers such as nationwide, and remember in Japan house prices crashed 40% over 10->15 years, with very low interest rates...

However you will find ALOT of diffent opionions here, many property bulls and Bears, people who Rent out properties, Estate agents, throught to First Time buyers who have been priced out, and people who believe they have sold there houses at the peak, put the cash in the bank and are renting until prices return to normality.

How did you find this site?

Edited by moosetea

Yes, the site is legit.

12 monts ago we were wondering IF there would be a house price crash (HPC) and, for that matter, if the prices would at least stop rising.

Fast forward to today and in the UK the market's gone flat. In Australia prices are falling and anecdotally this seems to be gaining momentum. Likewise there are reports of truly massive price falls in appartments in Auckland (New Zealand) and the upwards momentum in house prices in the USA also looks to be at least slowing as it has already done in Australia and UK.

General consensus is that Australia is ahead of the UK in the cycle and the USA is somewhere behind the UK. How far is difficult to say with accuracy but Australia leading the UK by 6 months wouldn't be an unreasonable estimate.

Whilst there is no actual crash so far, the things foreseen by the members of this site 12 months or more ago are slowly falling into place. The evidence available to date does point to a house price crash, or at the very least a slump and prolonged period of stagnation, being on the way. Already in Australia it is possible in some locations to get 10% or more off the peak price and as I said the UK does seem to be following.

WUM

Edited by penbat1

Yes, the site is legit.

Whilst there is no actual crash so far, the things foreseen by the members of this site 12 months or more ago are slowly falling into place. The evidence available to date does point to a house price crash, or at the very least a slump and prolonged period of stagnation, being on the way. Already in Australia it is possible in some locations to get 10% or more off the peak price and as I said the UK does seem to be following.

What 'evidence'?

Hmmm - new poster - joins today - asks a very bearish question, says nice things about the HPC site.

How many Aliases are bears allowed???

oh yes, we remember now - as many as they like!

I have only ever post using one Alias, you on the other hand have posted using three alias'es !!!!!!

And the non substantuated drivel contained in your above post is why it would appear you have correctly been placed in the "Troll" section.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

To set the record straight bears and bulls alike have been banned from the forum for using multiple IDs.

I am sure some members must have noticed the absence of certain regular posters

Hmmm - new poster - joins today - asks a very bearish question, says nice things about the HPC site.

How many Aliases are bears allowed???

But you should see his post as an opportunity to run Up North and buy something - I'm sure he'd be happy to rent off you whilst he watches prices crash. :)

Nomadd

To set the record straight bears and bulls alike have been banned from the forum for using multiple IDs.

Do I underzztand you right?

Hi Charlie

Just for the record my partner sometimes posts here as Orange1234 (only a couple of times so far though). Please don't ban me if the same IP address shows up twice. Thanks.

Who's been banned by the way?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Just for the record my partner sometimes posts here as Orange1234 (only a couple of times so far though). Please don't ban me if the same IP address shows up twice. Thanks.

We are not that trigger happy and understand that this happens. The moderators hope in most cases they do get it right, but are always willing to rectify a mistake if we are found to be wrong. The forum rules are quite clear on multiple IDs, and all members right to privacy we have to and do respect.

See The_Oldie`s reply to GC in the Troll thread

We are not that trigger happy and understand that this happens. The moderators hope in most cases they do get it right, but are always willing to rectify a mistake if we are found to be wrong. The forum rules are quite clear on multiple IDs, and all members right to privacy we have to and do respect.

See The_Oldie`s reply to GC in the Troll thread

Cheers Charlie! :o)

Has anyone else gone apart from GC?

Guest The_Oldie

GC hasn't gone, just his alter ego The Bear.

We're having to clamp down hard on alter ego's as it's starting to get out of hand. Members with multiple identities backing themselves up in an argument is hardly fair debate.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

GC has not been banned only the second ID, but hopefully it is a warning to a long time respected poster.

There is a game being played on this forum at present by certain posters "lets have a go at the moderators", no problem for us.

GC hasn't gone, just his alter ego The Bear.

We're having to clamp down hard on alter ego's as it's starting to get out of hand. Members with multiple identities backing themselves up in an argument is hardly fair debate.

The Oldie/Charlie

I agree with not having multiple posters & I have confessed & apologised for my 2 aliases - quite a few times in fact.

However, I'm still getting accused of being every new bull that appears plus a whole raft of old historical posters - Is there any way to stop that? I would like to be able to prove it somehow.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

However, I'm still getting accused of being every new bull that appears plus a whole raft of old historical posters - Is there any way to stop that? I would like to be able to prove it somehow.

The Moderators know who you are and that is all what matters.

Thick question alert !!!!

could someone just explain to me in very simplistic terms what are Bulls and Bears ?

Guest Charlie The Tramp

OK fair's fair

What do I do when i get the "oh you're xyz etc??"

just ignore it?

Best thing really <_<

Hi Charlie

Who's been banned by the way?

Can I ask (seeing as we have a lot of IT pros here)...

We have a home network set up between our 2 PCs running XP. Internet connection is shared directly through the main PC (my one). When my partner posts would it still register as the same IP address or 2 slightly different ones?

Thanks in advance.