House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
make my day

House Prices Continue To Fall In Sydney

House price fluctuations rarely follow a straight line. Sydney was one of the first global markets to fall, rose slightly and is now falling again - albeit on increased volumes (due to the NSW vendor tax being removed).

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,...5001028,00.html

There is very little doubt that other global markets will follow and continue to slide.......the fundamentals are far to compelling to think otherwise.

Edited by make my day

House price fluctuations rarely follow a straight line. Sydney was one of the first global markets to fall, rose slightly and is now falling again - albeit on increased volumes (due to the NSW vendor tax being removed).

http://dailytelegraph.news.com.au/story/0,...5001028,00.html

There is very little doubt that other global markets will follow and continue to slide.......the fundamentals are far to compelling to think otherwise.

I read this yesterday, but thought the most suprising thing was the rising volume.

Surely if this continues then prices will be on the up again?

Guest consa

I read this yesterday, but thought the most suprising thing was the rising volume.

The only way the falls can be seen in their correct context is when volumes rise, hence levelling out the ratio's of high end sales and low end sales, when FTB's re-enter the UK Market this will show the HPI in a more balanced context as well

In the politest possible way I would like to say that you couldn't be more wrong about what the volume means.

A move in price (of stocks, property etc) in either direction on low volume (relative to typical volume) is a move which lacks conviction and could esily reverse. But a move on increasing volume tends to suggest a trend gathering momentum.

The rise in volume effectively marks the start of serious price falls IMO. If prices were rising on rising volume then it would mark the start of a big move up. But prices are falling on rising volume which points to a big move down getting underway.

This is the most bearish market development I have seen so far in this whole HPI / HPC cycle.

[quote name=Smurf1976' date='Nov 23 2005, 12:44 PM' post='239959]

prices are falling on rising volume which points to a big move down getting underway.

This is absolutely right. With the removal of the vendor sales tax in NSW property developers and BTL merchants are off loading housing stock at lower prices big time. Decreasing selling prices and increasing volumes in any free market is the beginning of a rout........hang on and watch the slide gathering momentum.

In the politest possible way I would like to say that you couldn't be more wrong about what the volume means.

A move in price (of stocks, property etc) in either direction on low volume (relative to typical volume) is a move which lacks conviction and could esily reverse. But a move on increasing volume tends to suggest a trend gathering momentum.

The rise in volume effectively marks the start of serious price falls IMO. If prices were rising on rising volume then it would mark the start of a big move up. But prices are falling on rising volume which points to a big move down getting underway.

This is the most bearish market development I have seen so far in this whole HPI / HPC cycle.

That makes sense. I learn something every day on here.

So we should see a sharp fall from here in NSW.