House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The XYY Man

We've Hit The Top Of The Roller-Coaster...

You buy some beer, and they give you a Scotch egg.

I sincerely believe that this is the pinnacle of human existence, and it's all downhill from here.

Am I in a coma...? Or am I am really back in 1973...?

Please discuss this among yourselves - and in the meantime, please enjoy this deliciously ironic message from our sponsors.

For People Who Like Bargains...

Booze...

And Scotch Eggs...!

XYY

I Lolled. A joke advert. Id rather watch ads like this than pretentious tech adverts, or downright nasty bank adverts pushing mortgages as if its some kind of selfless charity on the banks back. the current barclay/lloyds/hbos ads are truly vile.

Never been in a bargain booze before. Went to a majestic wines for the first time ever a couple of weeks back to buy a friend an expensive (well, for me) bottle of whiskey...they have a minimum order of 6 bottles of anything...needless to say I wont be going there again. I thought the govt wanted to reduce alcohol consumption. great policy to have a minimum sale of 6 bottles, huh.

I Lolled. A joke advert. Id rather watch ads like this than pretentious tech adverts, or downright nasty bank adverts pushing mortgages as if its some kind of selfless charity on the banks back. the current barclay/lloyds/hbos ads are truly vile.

Never been in a bargain booze before. Went to a majestic wines for the first time ever a couple of weeks back to buy a friend an expensive (well, for me) bottle of whiskey...they have a minimum order of 6 bottles of anything...needless to say I wont be going there again. I thought the govt wanted to reduce alcohol consumption. great policy to have a minimum sale of 6 bottles, huh.

Right on mixed race marriage PE teacher and unsettlingly too keen DIY store sales assistant, we've taken your wages in tax to save ourselves from bankruptcy, and now we condescend you.

Right on mixed race marriage PE teacher and unsettlingly too keen DIY store sales assistant, we've taken your wages in tax to save ourselves from bankruptcy, and now we condescend you.

Yeah what a hero, treat yourself you deserve it, go and get a ****** off amount of debt and future interest payments to get a place that would cost a fraction of the price otherwise. It truly is vile.

The questio is are these parasite banks truly that insenstive to the situation or plain old evil,.

Godd advert I reckon, gets your attentin with a bit of humour, so job done withno offence and takes the pee about of one of the most absurd chjoc ads to boot.

SNACR, good post.

Why is it always a black man with a white woman in so many adverts today?

Why not the other way round?

It's as if the advertisers want to display their absolute credentials to be so politically correct they then turn themselves into stereotypes.

Blimey, even Talk Talk had a Legoland type advert with a miniature model black man and the appropriate white model woman.

The World has truly gone mad.

SNACR, good post.

It's as if the advertisers want to display their absolute credentials to be so politically correct they then turn themselves into stereotypes.

Blimey, even Talk Talk had a Legoland type advert with a miniature model black man and the appropriate white model woman.

I did it the other way round! What's wrong with black ladies? :huh:

In defence of Majestic Wines - this is a well publicised company policy. That is why majestic can offer wines at a vastly improved quality for price compared to its competitors. It's killed off quite a few of its competitors. Not a govt policy.

SNACR, good post.

Im sure ive seen ads with white men and east asian women, to complete the stereotype matrix...

Im still waiting for the ads that feature full burkha wearing (or are they hijabs, i forget) women, you know, for balance like. Think I might be waiting a long time till I see that one.

Im still waiting for the ads that feature full burkha wearing (or are they hijabs, i forget) women, you know, for balance like. Think I might be waiting a long time till I see that one.

Muslim women won't be applying for any mortgages or loans in bank ads at least. Muslims don't do interest.

Muslim women won't be applying for any mortgages or loans in bank ads at least. Muslims don't do interest.

I mean in general. 'inclusiveness' or 'diversity' or whatever the marketing men call it doesnt seem to extend to people who cover themselves from head to toe in black sheets.

Maybe.

But they should all be capable of cooking Nargis Kebabs...

XYY