House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
long time lurking

Posting Video /media

When I copy and paste the embed code from youtube into the drop down box from the insert media tab ,the video then appears in the text box but when I post it I just get

in the post with no video

Any ideas please??

When I copy and paste the embed code from youtube into the drop down box from the insert media tab ,the video then appears in the text box but when I post it I just get

in the post with no video

Any ideas please??

I think sometimes youtube put an 's' after http which mucks it up.

Remove the s and it should work ok, I think

I think sometimes youtube put an 's' after http which mucks it up.

Remove the s and it should work ok, I think

Don`t think that is the problem <iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Xe1a1wHxTyo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

For example if i paste the above embed code into the insert media drop down box the video will apear in the text field but when i submit the post there is no video

Like this:

;)

But actually I just copy/paste the link into the reply box and that seems to work just fine too (at least for YT clips)

(Don't use the 'Insert Media' thing!)

Edited by LC1

Like this:

;)

But actually I just copy/paste the link into the reply box and that seems to work just fine too (at least for YT clips)

(Don't use the 'Insert Media' thing!)

Cheers ,I take it the Insert Media bit don`t work then

Do you mean the coplet link or the short link like in the demo video but with out the bit at the begining/end of the link ?

I literally just copy the link from a YT vid (from the top address bar) and copy it into the reply box (where you write the text of your reply). Job done, no brackets or nufink.

The method in the vid works too, but you need a forward slash in the 2nd set of brackets, like this: /youtube (but in square brackets).

EDIT: Haha, nearly there! ;)

Edited by LC1

Sometimes it also breaks the code e.g. "youtu.be", I find the reliable way is to go back to youtube, pump in the clip description, take that URL and post it in the Insert Media tags, removing the following "s" in https if it's managed to stick one in there.