House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

shindigger

Do Any Of You Know People Who Caned The Eccies

I know a couple of people where i can really see a lack of self awareness in their behaviour these days.

Like a sort of plastic sheen has come down over them.

Both caned the recreationals fairly hard in the 90s.

Does anyone else see this in their friends as they age?

I dont get this vibe from others that did not tuck in i should add.

Its quite an odd feeling to quantify, just like they're a bit dead and a bit impervious.

Does this post even make sense?

Probably suffering from early stage dementia. Docs I know tell me that we have an epidemic of people in their 20s and 30s having the same early stage demntia symtpoms as we associate with people in their 70s and more.

Probably suffering from early stage dementia. Docs I know tell me that we have an epidemic of people in their 20s and 30s having the same early stage demntia symtpoms as we associate with people in their 70s and more.

Because of the old Ebeneezers?

Not sure about Es, but I know a couple who suffered from the possible after effects of too much skunk (one was paranoid schizophrenic, and the other has severe problems with memory). On the other hand, I know plenty in their early 40s who appear to show no problems at all from serious amounts of recreational drug abuse in their 20s and 30s.

That said, I'm not in contact with some of the biggest users anyhow so goodness knows what happened to them.

I left an left an important part of my brain somewhere. Somewhere in a field in Hampshire.

Worse than that, you are now apparently suffering from a bad case of garbled sentence syndrome :D

Worse than that, you are now apparently suffering from a bad case of garbled sentence syndrome :D

A common side effect of consuming too much Pulp as a teenager I hear..

One of my sister-in-laws is a psychiatric nurse who specializes in dementia. She said the same thing. Although she did say that mad cow disease might be the cause in many cases.

Not sure about Es, but I know a couple who suffered from the possible after effects of too much skunk (one was paranoid schizophrenic, and the other has severe problems with memory). On the other hand, I know plenty in their early 40s who appear to show no problems at all from serious amounts of recreational drug abuse in their 20s and 30s.

Probably just like with alcohol, some people have genetic vulnerability with certain drugs.

I know a couple of people where i can really see a lack of self awareness in their behaviour these days.

Like a sort of plastic sheen has come down over them.

Have they got kids ? It could just be their kids. Kids tend to turn you into a zombie. The plastic sheen is probably just a defence mechanism to shut out the kids. I've had those symptoms for the last 20 odd years.

Mental health problems a growing problem and will be a huge problem in the coming years......at the moment very many people are living lives undiagnosed, there are financial reasons for this, often it is put down to personality faults rather than a medical problem that requires the right medical or therapy solution.....not nearly enough investment is going into mental health problems......at the moment being brushed under the carpet, it might go away. ;)

Hi five libspero.

Long time no see. What happened to the A team ?

Hi GPS,

I ended up buying about a year ago and planned to quietly slip away.. didn't seem right to keep posting after joining the dark side.

The grave of Peppard (Hannibal Smith) was meant to be symbolic of my resignation from posting.. the problem is this place is so addictive it's nearly impossible not to peek in occasionally.

Still good to see many familiar faces here. I hope life has been good to everybody :)

Tends to happen when I've had a few to drink. Pulp were great though.