House Price Crash Forum

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bendy

American Christmas

Sure we have a few here that's been in/in the states. :)

Just had mel and kim on the random xmas playlist and after a pumpkin pie recipe that you think is the traditional deal (as I have two left over from haloween, not sure why shops don't stock pumpkins all/late year tbh)?

ta.

edit: also what else do you get on a yank xmas/thanksgiving, if i'm gonna do it may as well go all out!

Sure we have a few here that's been in/in the states. :)

Just had mel and kim on the random xmas playlist and after a pumpkin pie recipe that you think is the traditional deal (as I have two left over from haloween, not sure why shops don't stock pumpkins all/late year tbh)?

ta.

edit: also what else do you get on a yank xmas/thanksgiving, if i'm gonna do it may as well go all out!

During one Festive Season washed up in the US (New Orleans) I was treated to a share of one of these bad boys...

wiki: Turducken

As for the rest of the food, I recall a fair old bit of cayenne pepper and cinnamon cropping up at various stages in the proceedings, but that might just be a Louisiana thing.

Don't forget. If you are having an American Christmas, it's only one day - no Boxing day or anything. Oh, and if you want to keep that job, you should at least consider going into work on the 25th. :(

Don't forget. If you are having an American Christmas, it's only one day - no Boxing day or anything. Oh, and if you want to keep that job, you should at least consider going into work on the 25th. :(

America keeping Christmas special....

Do many shops open on Christmas day in the US?

And no crackers! No such thing in US. My American niece used to love them when she came here for Christmas so I used to send a few in the Christmas parcels.

America keeping Christmas special....

Do many shops open on Christmas day in the US?

I used to work at McDonalds in the UK. Open 364 days a year, we closed 10pm Christmas Eve to open again 8am Boxing Day. You would not believe the numbers of people who actually complained about us shutting for Christmas day. Shocking and sad.

I used to work at McDonalds in the UK. Open 364 days a year, we closed 10pm Christmas Eve to open again 8am Boxing Day. You would not believe the numbers of people who actually complained about us shutting for Christmas day. Shocking and sad.

A friend's family run a takeaway in a not great place and I'm told Christmas is one of their busiest days.

Not everyone is playing at being Delia or Nigella.

A friend's family run a takeaway in a not great place and I'm told Christmas is one of their busiest days.

Not everyone is playing at being Delia or Nigella.

The McD I was talking about is in Guildford, a very middle class dominated town.

So very true. In fact Americans appear to celebrate Halloween and Thanksgiving far more than Xmas. And let's not forget the 4th July.

But that's ok. I always hated Xmas anyway B)

During one Festive Season washed up in the US (New Orleans) I was treated to a share of one of these bad boys...

wiki: Turducken

As for the rest of the food, I recall a fair old bit of cayenne pepper and cinnamon cropping up at various stages in the proceedings, but that might just be a Louisiana thing.

Turducken? That seems wrong somehow.

Not content with eating these birds, we decide to stuff them up each other's ar5es first--just to show them who's at the top of the damned food chain! ;)